Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BamaBirdLady

The coach you hate, but wish was yours

46 posts in this topic

When Mike Shula was the coach at Bama and Saban was at LSU, I hated Saban because he was such a good coach. Then we got Saban and I love him!

I hate Sean Peyton because he is such a good coach. Yesterday I saw a play he called and it was so obvious that he is head and shoulders above our coach.

It was in the 4th quarter, Saints were up by about 8-10 points can't remember. Gaints just scored and kicked off. Saints screwed up get the ball on the 2 yard line.

Ok, so they are going to run it out, even Romo talks about maybe the Gaints can get a safety. But no, Peyton calls a play for the whole line to go left, the whole defense goes left, Drew swings right and hits a receiver for a 15-20 yard pass. They go down the field to score a TD to seal the game.

That is great coaching. That is coaching that wins games and wins SB. We all know what the Falcons would have done with lead on the 2 yard line!

Kyle Shanahan was mine. I hated him and was mad he was here. Honestly thought, moving Matt to a WCO late in his career, was a mistake. But I always figured Kyle would end up being a great offensive mind. Still think he's a arrogant ***. But we had mine here and I wouldn't be mad if he was still here. Even as a HC.

Edit: Sean Peyton is a close #2. They have similar arrogant personalities.

32 minutes ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Kyle Shanahan was mine. I hated him and was mad he was here. Honestly thought, moving Matt to a WCO late in his career, was a mistake. But I always figured Kyle would end up being a great offensive mind. Still think he's a arrogant ***. But we had mine here and I wouldn't be mad if he was still here. Even as a HC.

Edit: Sean Peyton is a close #2. They have similar arrogant personalities.

Yea, kind of goes back to the saying, he very well may be an ahole, but he's my ahole, so he is ok with me!

THEHEADCOACH and GreggT like this

1 minute ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Yea, kind of goes back to the saying, he very well may be an ahole, but he's my ahole, so he is ok with me!

Yeah! I always hated him before he came here. Was unhappy we hired him. Even though I knew he was a guy that could be a great offensive mind. Once he was here and had our offense clicking, that's exactly how I felt. 

BamaBirdLady likes this

Belichek. I feel like our offense would be unstoppable under him like it currently is. More importantly he would find a way to cobble the guys together to field a decent defense. 

7 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

The fact that we actually have people on here that prefer Sean Payton as our HC is laughable. 

He is a darn good coach, but I like dq better. DQ can deliver if he gets the right players to run his scheme. I am sorry but Trufant doesn't fit this scheme and neither does Poole. We really need to cut the umbilical cord at some point snd get physical corners.

3 minutes ago, osiruz said:

He is a darn good coach, but I like dq better. DQ can deliver if he gets the right players to run his scheme. I am sorry but Trufant doesn't fit this scheme and neither does Poole. We really need to cut the umbilical cord at some point snd get physical corners.

Yeah DQ's scheme is really skill-specific for each and every position. Being down 3 of your best is hard to overcome to say the least. The corners are a huge problem as well. He tried to address the issue with Collins, but we all know how that turned out (Oliver TBD). If we end up with a high draft pick, d-line is still #1 priority imo, with CB being right behind it.

We have absolutely no answer for the WR's in our own division right now, let alone the league. We need a bigger corner who can match up with the likes of Thomas, Evans, Funchess, etc. 

2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

When Mike Shula was the coach at Bama and Saban was at LSU, I hated Saban because he was such a good coach. Then we got Saban and I love him!

I hate Sean Peyton because he is such a good coach. Yesterday I saw a play he called and it was so obvious that he is head and shoulders above our coach.

It was in the 4th quarter, Saints were up by about 8-10 points can't remember. Gaints just scored and kicked off. Saints screwed up get the ball on the 2 yard line.

Ok, so they are going to run it out, even Romo talks about maybe the Gaints can get a safety. But no, Peyton calls a play for the whole line to go left, the whole defense goes left, Drew swings right and hits a receiver for a 15-20 yard pass. They go down the field to score a TD to seal the game.

That is great coaching. That is coaching that wins games and wins SB. We all know what the Falcons would have done with lead on the 2 yard line!

B.B or Jim Schwartz 

29 minutes ago, osiruz said:

But don't you think coaches have to scheme to thier players strengths? I mean we have guys here we have given HUGE contracts to under DQ, he needs to scheme to them since he kept them.

1 hour ago, mattyicefalcon said:

B.B or Jim Schwartz 

Jim Schwartz?   Really?   What did he have - 1 season over .500?

We are riddled with injuries to critical players on our team.    Not going to jump ship on our HC yet.

Payton has gone 7-9 in 3 of the last 4 years. And 4 of last 6 years. Lmao at him being a top 2 coach in the league. And **** no would i rather have him over Quinn.

I predict the Saints will fall off. Tough schedule coming up for them.