This is 100% accurate and 100% pathetic

29 minutes ago, slewis1952 said:

Since 1940, teams scoring 36 plus points at home with zero turnovers are 402-4.

Think about that for a minute. In the last 78 years only two teams have done that and lost.

The Falcons have done that two weeks in a row!!!!

Welcome to the next era of the NFL. 3 of the 4 occurrences have actually been this year. NFL points are on a record pace. NFL TDs are on a record pace. There has been a process change, so it is no longer really relevent to compare the old process to the new process. In this new system, this will just be unusual, not extremely rare. More losers will score 36 points this season than any season in the past.

Flag football QB rules are pushing scoring through the roof. Old expectations need not apply to 2018. 

This stat if far less startling when you realize the process has changed...2018 to previous years is an apples and oranges comparison.

14 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

This has already been posted in a couple of other threads but I agree…….1000% Pathetic and what does this say about our Coaching??????

No. Enough. This is a team issue. All those guys are grown men. Every one of them has to own up to those failures. Coaches and players.

Onto Pittsburgh.

1 minute ago, falcndave said:

Welcome to the next era of the NFL. 3 of the 4 occurrences have actually been this year. NFL points are on a record pace. NFL TDs are on a record pace. There has been a process change, so it is no longer really relevent to compare the old process to the new process. In this new system, this will just be unusual, not extremely rare. More loses will score 36 points this season than any season in the past.

Flag football QB rules are pushing scoring through the roof. Old expectations need not apply to 2018. 

This stat if far less startling when you realize the process has changed...2018 to previous years is an apples and oranges comparison.

This plus the lowering of head rule; note not the same as helmet to helmet rule.

7 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

This plus the lowering of head rule; note not the same as helmet to helmet rule.

I don't recall seeing that one enforced that often. However, these new roughing the passer rules are laughable. You can't convince me Clay Matthews should have been penalized for either one of the two game changing plays.

1 minute ago, JerseyNo12 said:

I don't recall seeing that one enforced that often. However, these new roughing the passer rules are laughable. You can't convince me Clay Matthews should have been penalized for either one of the two game changing plays.

My point was defensive players are more cautious and more yards are being allowed because they are thinking of how to tackle mid-play. Leads to more points, etc.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

My point was defensive players are more cautious and more yards are being allowed because they are thinking of how to tackle mid-play. Leads to more points, etc.

I'm thinking it's probably just a learning curve. Once players get used to playing under the new rules tackling will get better. At least, that's what I hope.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And what’s stupid is Matt could’ve hit Hooper...love Matt but he’d want that throw back. It’s true like Ryan in the SB. If he isn’t absolutely flawless we lose. I don’t get it. Wtf.

I'm sure Matt is beating himself up about that throw too but it happens. I'm looking for bright sides today and if losing that game yesterday makes the coaches scrap whatever the **** they have been using for defense and going forward play a more man on man attack style then so be it. That loss coupled with the Saints loss and Ryan and Co. insane offensive numbers in those two losses has a good bit of national attention it seems squarely on Quinn and the defense. Hopefully that spotlight makes them step out of their comfort zones and start rolling the dice. I'm thinking if we win that game yesterday Quinn and Co. don't do any defensive adjustments and keep relying on the offense to be perfect to win games.

14 minutes ago, NCFalconfan said:

I'm sure Matt is beating himself up about that throw too but it happens. I'm looking for bright sides today and if losing that game yesterday makes the coaches scrap whatever the **** they have been using for defense and going forward play a more man on man attack style then so be it. That loss coupled with the Saints loss and Ryan and Co. insane offensive numbers in those two losses has a good bit of national attention it seems squarely on Quinn and the defense. Hopefully that spotlight makes them step out of their comfort zones and start rolling the dice. I'm thinking if we win that game yesterday Quinn and Co. don't do any defensive adjustments and keep relying on the offense to be perfect to win games.

I agree with part of your post about making adjustments on defense but you might have missed how we went more man coverage in the 2nd half yesterday. There were adjustments!

We stopped giving up 2 untouched TDs to streaking receivers down the seam like the 1st half. Of course, we went with zone on the final 4th down for some stupid reason...but:

We started getting consistent QB pressure with Takk and Vic. It sucks that Grady couldn’t finish. Means played a lot of snaps for us. He could become that #3 DE we didn’t have on roster to start the year. We will need Grady healthy.

But please give our defense some time. Duke actually made some plays for once.

Poole looked like a first time S in the first half but played better in man. He and Tru should not be committing dead ball personal fouls when the play is over. Those hurt us. Frustrated or not. Gotta focus on your own play, clean communication and trust your teammate. We missed at least 3 INT opportunities. Kazee is the truth at FS!

There was a lot of positive in our 2nd half on D. 4 games by 1 score and if the D builds off of the 2nd half we can win any game period.

I get it. The defense has been atrocious. Absolutely terrible, but at the same time our three best defensive players have been injured. That’s three leaders not playing this season. Not three regular players but the three guys who step up the most. The guys that are earning their paycheck week in and week out. That’s huge...