Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dutty Ole Bird

Falcon curse is real

29 posts in this topic

Fix the defense and the offense goes down, fix the offense and the defense goes down, fix the coaches, and the players go down. Can't freaking win and we lost both games in nail biting fashion. IMO we should stick with Riley at MLB and play more cover 2. Kazee makes very bad decisions and our dbs are now playing like dog poo. Dline could also use more girth, we automatically get ran on in 3rd and short situations.

It's not just the Falcons, its this town/state.   The idea that Atlanta would break the streak of teams that don't make it to the Super Bowl the year they host was always laughable.  This is the team that lost the Super Bowl twice in embarrassing fashion, who's star quarterback cared more about fighting dogs than playing football, and had two coaches that preferred toiling for college losers than being an NFL coach. And this is the town that lost two hockey teams.  Who's baseball team won 1 championship in 14 straight postseason trips.  Georgia and Richt being one catch away from a National Championship game where they could have beat a weak Notre Dame, and Kirby's guys going down to the wire in the Championship to get beat by a last minute change to a rookie quarterback.  

What the Falcons and other teams around here don't realize is there are no teams of destiny here.  They're fighting destiny to make it all the way.  

I've decided I'm going to mute my tv while watching falcons games, these announcers act like they want us to lose.  Then late in the game the one guy was saying what he thought would happen, and sure enough that happened.  I still think these games are rigged sometimes, especially after the ole super bowl loss, that just seemed way too weird!

RiseUpFalcs and lostnmexico like this

40 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

It’s a Georgia thang y’all.  I’ve gotten used to it. 

Yeah, just to make things clear, it's NOT an "Atlanta" thing, it's a "Georgia" thing period. If there was such thing as Atlanta, Alabama or Atlanta, South Carolina imagine how many championships we'd have by now, especially how big of a hip hop city we already are. 

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Much easier to blame it on a curse than lack of doing what they diden't to do to win.

Sorry to not play along, but I have been going to Falcons game since I was a little girl with my Daddy at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium and honestly, nothing has changed. They get your hopes up and you think this is it, and they fall apart. Just like my very first playoff game against the Dallas Cowboys in 30 degee weather, gave up the lead, to the SB and blow it, to this year. Really don't know how long I can keep giving them my full fan passion!

Dutty Ole Bird likes this

Braves are good, Falcons must be bad?

but where do the United fit in?

Bulldogs are good, Jackets must be bad?

Or, maybe we just to make sure we have a good team for every bad team?

Braves good, Falcons bad

United good, Hawks bad

Bulldogs good, Jackets bad

Falcons offense good, Falcons defense bad

2017 - offense was OK, defense was OK but neither were good (although one on decline, other on way up)?

4 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

It’s a Georgia thang y’all.  I’ve gotten used to it. 

Sad Truth..... I hope I'm young enough to enjoy a SB win or an NBA championship via Atlanta Sports

Its that Church Lady ... i hope she is burning in Fires of the Abyss wherever she is right now. But she is probably looking down laughing at us. God Hates the Falcons and all of us fans and there is nothing we can do about it

IMG_5304.JPG.189b27970d0217895aa4c6c667fa3d83.JPGThe Falcons are cursed. I have been a fan since 1968. I love the Falcons and they are my team and I want them to be a dominating team and win the SB....but let’s face facts.  

This team’s consistent history of blowing big games and demonstrating virtually every creative way possible to lure fans into thinking “they’ve got this game” only to find some way, any way that is possible to —in the end— lose —is uncanny and unprecedented.

The culmination of that was the 28-3 debacle against the Patriots, but go back in time and put down on paper all the times we lost big games after seemingly having it in the bag earlier in the game and you will see why people come to no other conclusion....that one team cannot possibly be this “unlucky” this often— under so many different circumstances and people... so they must be somehow be “cursed”.

The book cover on the link

http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/abt109abt109/media/Falcons%20Dummies%202015-revised%20foreword_zpsoemoxmup.jpg.html

is one I did a few years back to vent out my frustration with this team. The bullet points on it were appropriate for back then but you could keep the title and change the bullet points on the left to something else for what is happening in the current season—the title—at least—still rings true year after year

“1001 Creative Ways to Lose an NFL Football Game and drive your fans INSANE!”

Edited by JG2008
BamaBirdLady and chronob like this

We're in the Bible belt.  we think it's our Christian duty to make other teams and cities feel good.

I will say, I'd much prefer the heartbreak of almost getting there than just being mediocre forever like Cleveland, Detroit etc  even though new Orleans won a superbowl, I think our history since we drafted vick is at least more...exciting ... and frankly I hate brees and overdramatic cam newton (I guess I'd rather lose with the falcons than win with our rivals), I find our players much more likeable which is why all this is so disappointing

The 77 Falcons should have shown people that this team will snatch futility out of the arms of greatness. 129 points given up in a season is such a mind numbing stat and one that won't get even in the zip code of being touched by anyone ever and the Falcons still mange to miss the playoffs. 

18 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Its that Church Lady ... i hope she is burning in Fires of the Abyss wherever she is right now. But she is probably looking down laughing at us. God Hates the Falcons and all of us fans and there is nothing we can do about it

She's still alive.

Yes the curse is real. 

1996 World Series.  Braves vs. Yankees.  Braves have already won a title and are on the brink of starting a dynasty.  They have Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine.  Andrew Jones, Chipper, McGriff, etc, etc. 

Game 1: Braves destroy the Yankees 12-1 in NY. 
Game 2: Braves destroy the Yankees 4-0 in NY.

They go on to lose games 3,4,5 in Atlanta in nail biters. 
Then the Yankees celebrate Game 6 at home and start their dynasty of 4 championships in the next 5 years.

That's Atlanta sports for ya. 

Edited by ParanoidAndroid
chronob likes this