Falcons have been penalized 42 times in 4 games, only Pittsburgh has more, that's coaching!

The stupid hits, defensive holding, and pass interference calls drive me nuts.  How many times have we stopped the other team only to give it back to them with a penalty?  I looked it up and we are next to last.  That's over 10 penalties a game, hard to win like that.  

Edited by Road Warrior
13 hours ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

We've also seen more flags against our opponents than all but 3 teams.....

That suggests the penalty numbers are more of a product of the officiating crews we've played before rather than "the coaching."

Strongly disagree here....

It HAS to be coaching...didnt you see how undisciplined defense was....costing team crucial yards loss.

Special teams over 90% gets called for ILLEGAL block at back or holding.....every freakin time.

And in my opinion, it comes on coaching.

Dan Quinn has great attitude and vision but, unfortunately cant back it up.

We keep repeating same mistakes over and over again.

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Strongly disagree here....

It HAS to be coaching...didnt you see how undisciplined defense was....costing team crucial yards loss.

Special teams over 90% gets called for ILLEGAL block at back or holding.....every freakin time.

And in my opinion, it comes on coaching.

Dan Quinn has great attitude and vision but, unfortunately cant back it up.

We keep repeating same mistakes over and over again.

That's for every NFL team.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

That's for every NFL team.

Lol ! Would love to meet up some day and present you eye popping stats....

I love your passion....but, at some point you have be in the moment and let reality sink in.

Every NFL team has or atleast figures out a way to FIX the special teams meltdown......Keith Armstrong  would have been fired by all other teams within few years. Why is he still employed with us? Whats his added value honestly?

Even yesterday's game we gave up soo many yards on kick returns.....PATHETIC coverage not sure how many times we pinned opponents down  under 10 yards....

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

Lol ! Would love to meet up some day and present you eye popping stats....

I love your passion....but, at some point you have be in the moment and let reality sink in.

Every NFL team has or atleast figures out a way to FIX the special teams meltdown......Keith Armstrong  would have been fired by all other teams within few years. Why is he still employed with us? Whats his added value honestly?

Even yesterday's game we gave up soo many yards on kick returns.....PATHETIC coverage not sure how many times we pinned opponents down  under 10 yards....

I agreed with the rest of your post. I put the part in bold that I was talking about. Block in the back and holding penalties on punt and kick returns is a major penalty across the whole scope of the NFL. It's not just a Falcons issue. That's all I was pointing out.

Falcons special teams has been horrendous for a number of years now and I've wanted Keith Armstrong fired. I was praying like heIl he would get the Cardinals HC job last year.

17 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

The stupid hits, defensive holding, and pass interference calls drive me nuts.  How many times have we stopped the other team only to give it back to them with a penalty?  I looked it up and we are next to last.  That's over 10 penalties a game, hard to win like that.  

Can't disagree with that I've mentioned that in other threads small details are hurting us.Outside of the injuries the players coming in have to really hone in on those small details.

Things like you mention OP are exactly that normally it's a breakdown in technique small details.

Tacklings been poor also to many misses have really hurt us and the worse thing there its been our senior players.

Communication is the one that will take time.