Alford was terrible today ... anyone know why?

Rocky looked really bad today ... way worse than normal for him. (I know there are plenty of others who looked bad today as well, but put that aside for a moment).

Anyone know why? Is there a "football" reason? Like, were we asking him to do something different, or play differently, for some reason?

The reason I ask is, if there's not a "decent" reason, I have to wonder if he's starting to give up out of frustration. 

Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Rocky looked really bad today ... way worse than normal for him. (I know there are plenty of others who looked bad today as well, but put that aside for a moment).

Anyone know why? Is there a "football" reason? Like, were we asking him to do something different, or play differently, for some reason?

The reason I ask is, if there's not a "decent" reason, I have to wonder if he's starting to give up out of frustration. 

Any thoughts?

I know why. He wanted the defense to play like **** again so some dumbazz fans would blame Matt Ryan for the loss...helps keep the heat off him and his defensive teammates. 

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

He was covering aj green, one of the best receivers in the NFL. He held him in check for the most part.

Nah. He got left for dead by Ginn last week on a spin out. He had Gio Bernard squared up on Gios TD and just let him beat him to the sideline. His ability is slipping. He doesn't feel comfortable alone anymore

Just now, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Nah. He got left for dead by Ginn last week on a spin out. He had Gio Bernard squared up on Gios TD and just let him beat him to the sideline. His ability is slipping. He doesn't feel comfortable alone anymore

I didn't see the play, this whole team is missing tackles. That part needs to be practiced.

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

All wrs play hurt. Dude destroyed anyone not named Alford today. At least Alford is trying to make plays on the ball. My only issue with Alford is missing tackles. Now Trufart that dude fking blows elephantine pp.

My point is, our entire secondary was bad. Including Alf. 

Teams have learned that the Falcons DBs struggle covering crossing routes.  I don't know why the DC doesn't do anything to help negate this.  Someone needs to disrupt the route as they come across the field...possibly LB.  We let receivers, TEs off the line without touching them too much.  No disruption of their routes.

5 minutes ago, osiruz said:

All wrs play hurt. Dude destroyed anyone not named Alford today. At least Alford is trying to make plays on the ball. My only issue with Alford is missing tackles. Now Trufart that dude fking blows elephantine pp.

Missed tackles and the obligatory holding and pass interference calls EVERY SINGLE GAME.  

10 minutes ago, Vandy said:

My point is, our entire secondary was bad. Including Alf. 

It did, at that point you start looking at the leader. Where is the leader who just cost us 2 games straight and is playing trash off coverage allowing easy underneath passes, and getting paid $69,000,000?

Just now, osiruz said:

It did, at that point you start looking at the leader. Where is the leader who just cost us 2 games straight and is playing trash off coverage allowing easy underneath passes, and getting paid $69,000,000?

Tru definitely is getting called out, as he  should be. 

30 minutes ago, osiruz said:

This is stupid drivel. Alford has one less penalty on the season than TruFart.

That's the point .... ppl are killing tru... as they should... Alford has been bad and inconsistent too.

I think that's what bothers me the most ....  The guys who should be consistent are not showing up

46 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Teams have learned that the Falcons DBs struggle covering crossing routes.  I don't know why the DC doesn't do anything to help negate this.  Someone needs to disrupt the route as they come across the field...possibly LB.  We let receivers, TEs off the line without touching them too much.  No disruption of their routes.

We normally run lots of cover-1 with Neal or Debo playing a zone over the middle (rat). I didn't see whether or not we were dropping Campbell, Duke or Poole into an underneath zone or not yesterday, but even if we did, they can't perform at the same level as Neal or Debo in that role. 

1 minute ago, Falcon Ben said:

We normally run lots of cover-1 with Neal or Debo playing a zone over the middle (rat). I didn't see whether or not we were dropping Campbell, Duke or Poole into an underneath zone or not yesterday, but even if we did, they can't perform at the same level as Neal or Debo in that role. 

I didn't see anyone there as the Bengals continued running crossing routes and attacking Trufant whenever they needed a first down.

57 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Nah he destroyed alford on the very first 3rd down for 38 yards. Everyone sucked back there. I think Oliver probably played the best out of all of them sadly 

26 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Nah he destroyed alford on the very first 3rd down for 38 yards. Everyone sucked back there. I think Oliver probably played the best out of all of them sadly 

Lol Oliver was easily the worst. And I get giving Alford crap, but he is much more consistent than any other dB we have.

Alford was terrible in the loss to the Saints as well. He' either missing tackles, making a poor efforts to make a tackle, or getting burnt on routes he used to cover well. It's disappointing, because you'd think he'd step up and be a leader, but instead he looks just as lost as most of the other guys. 

Edited by 4dabirds
1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Oliver was not worse than Trufant or “hit em in the head” poole. Those two were straight garbage 

he actually was, dude took atrocious angles on 2 run plays, didn't drop deep enough on the game winning pass, and didn't turn his head around which cost us.