Falconsfan567

I Still Believe!!

13 posts in this topic

The season is not over for the Falcons. Starting 1-3 isn't ideal but since the NFL merger there has been 36 teams to start a season 1-3 and make the playoffs. The 2001 Patriots won the Super Bowl. The Falcons even pulled it off in 1978 and 2002.

As if this game wasn't already bad enough that's just the icing on the cake. I'm so done with football for 2018. I just have no words. Falcons on pace to end up with the #1 pick in the 2019 draft. The Arizona Cardinals aren't even this bad.

24 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Man it’s bad right now for sure.  I’m not very optimistic moving forward about this team.

I see how anyone can. I tried so hard to find all the positives in the losses to the Saints and Bengals and then today with it being only 13-10 at halftime and then the second half happened and it was ugly.

I attended the Panthers game, sitting there watching that game and seeing how great the offense looked with Coleman it seriously crossed my mind that maybe the Falcons are a better team when Coleman is the featured back, Today only reinforced that belief.

58 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I see how anyone can. I tried so hard to find all the positives in the losses to the Saints and Bengals and then today with it being only 13-10 at halftime and then the second half happened and it was ugly.

I attended the Panthers game, sitting there watching that game and seeing how great the offense looked with Coleman it seriously crossed my mind that maybe the Falcons are a better team when Coleman is the featured back, Today only reinforced that belief.

Our depth is an Achilles heel for this team 

Well after a couple of days of reflection I’m trying to find some positives.  They are 1-2 in the NFC which keeps them in the hunt if they can turn this thing around.  Hopefully getting whipped by the Steelers has got this team motivated to play!!

I don't have a whole lot of reason to believe the Falcons will beat the Bucs. Jameis Winston owns the Falcons. He's 3-2 against them and has posted insane numbers.

• 5 G, 107/160 (66.9%), 1245 YDS (7.8), 12 TD, 2 INT, 110.0 QB Rating

We're six weeks into the season and there's only 3 teams that haven't reached 2 losses yet. Rams are 6-0, Chiefs 5-0 and Saints 4-1. Every other team in the NFL has lost at least 2 games and 18 teams have already lost at least 3 games and NE could make it 19 with a loss tonight. There's been at least 1 overtime in every week of the season so far. Since the NFL adopted overtime in 1974 that's never happened before. Basically, we're witnessing the most competitive time in the history of the NFL. The point is, that despite how horrendous the Falcons defense is, the season isn't over. The Falcons have the Giants on MNF next week. They are capable of winning that one to get to 3-4. Then they have their bye prior to games at Washington and Cleveland. The Redskins and Browns games are definitely winnable for the Falcons. If they win their next 3 that gets them to 5-4 and then they're squarely in the hunt for a playoff spot. That also gets them to week 11 when Deion Jones is eligible to return. DeBo's return would be huge. If the Falcons can be 5-4 when DeBo returns, and he gets the defense to even average, then the Falcons have a shot. Yes the schedule is tough starting with their week 11 game against the Cowboys followed by a Thanksgiving night game at New Orleans, then Baltimore and at Green Bay. But this is the NFL. There's no such thing as easy. Falcons will have to earn it if they make the playoffs this year. But they're capable. Just a matter of not giving up!! One thing I saw today was effort!! Effort that appeared to be lacking last week. That gives me hope!

blkbigdog35 likes this