Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
New Hope Eagle

DQ's Philosophy

16 posts in this topic

is quinns football philosophy getting the way of success?

earlier I posted that i thought his defensive ego was getting in the way and thats why they didn't obtain outside help. 

maybe its also his "its not about them its only about us" that hurts this team too?  maybe this team looks ill prepared because they are.

i think you do have to prepare against their strengths and weaknesses.  i always hear the game is won and lost during the week

shock likes this

I don't believe he factored injuries when building his defense, but don't think he'll make this mistake again.. Shoutout go Sark, he actually called another good game, or to Knapp or whoever has turned this offense around 

DixieTwister likes this

18 minutes ago, sdogg said:

He's just not a very good coach. 

Just imagine if we hired Todd Bowles whos also finding most creative ways tank the season after getting a gem of Q.B and decent defense.

He does not display any emotion on the field at all - I think the players never feel any push to maybe play better or even above their expected levels.

Players like Trufant make a mistake - his teammates might say something mild to him but Quinn really needs to chew him out once in a while and make him regret making those mistakes.

Likewise, the referees make bad calls against us but he never reacts to them heavily.  As a result, they never fear throwing a flag against Atlanta like they might against other teams.

No he is very good his and TD's problems is being stubborn it is what gets a lot of coaches fired. He is in love with speed that's okay but we need  a few big dawgs on offense and defense and then we'll be great. We are so close that it's a shame. But their stubbornness they're going to let it get away

It's more than just DQ's philosophy.  It's TD's lack of urgency in stacking competitive depth instead of staying par for the course hoping every draft picks naturally make that magic leap every year.  I seriously hope the same thing that happened to Mike Smith doesn't happen to DQ because of TD's cap loving, non aggressive free agent supplementing ahzz.  He tends to have one or two strong drafts during the early tenure of a new coach on ly to get overconfident in his drafting ability by passing on competitive talent during free agency.  I like DQ. I hope he stays.  If the team starts to trend down in the next few seasons, I hope they let TD go instead of DQ.  At least we know DQ can coach and call his own defensive plays when someone isn't getting it done.  Mike SMith never grabbed the playcalling from Mike Nolan.

DQ is a good coach. Stubborn? yes. He's made some mistakes, but he is a good coach. They need to be more aggressive at adding more talent to this roster. 

53 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I don't believe he factored injuries when building his defense, but don't think he'll make this mistake again.. Shoutout go Sark, he actually called another good game, or to Knapp or whoever has turned this offense around 

I like this and concur. Sark has done a good job. Sure offense has had a few misfires but they've done enough to get the job done. Unfortunately, they've been let down by their supporting cast. Defense.

Let's face it folks, the shuffling of the salary cap is only possible for so long. You have to perform in the window. Injuries and lack of performance has put this team in a position of not being able to react to adversity. They've spent the last two seasons signing guys to big contracts and more to come during the off season. No money to react to this injury bug so you just have to do with what you have. Usually these injuries don't happen two years in a row. The year after the super bowl is played in your building is usually a pretty good year. Rams and Jags in the Benz this year then let's see what happens next year. Of course they might have to dump a few guys to pay Julio. Another long season ahead 

Supposedly, they don't have many plays, they do not want the players to think-too much, and just get-after-it on every play.

all great points you all make but this team needs to game plan sometimes on what the other team does.  sometimes you have to plan and practice against the other teams strengths and i do not believe that this team or this coach does.  he always says its not what they do its about us