Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JD dirtybird21

This is insane

136 posts in this topic

I thought you meant what the Colts coach did in OT.  He had it 4th and 4 with 26 seconds left his own 43 yardline and they threw and incomplete after originally trying to draw the Texas offsides. The result was one pass and a winning FG for the Texans. 

Man, just punt it away and settle for the tie. 

4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Matt Ryan season stats to date:

68.3% completion, 1316 yards, 9.1 YPA, 12 total TD’s, 2 INT, 

Matt Ryan stats 4 games into the 2016 season:

72% completion, 1473 yards, 10.5 YPA, 11 total TD’s, 2 INT

Ryan is playing like an MVP, and his team is 1-3. Unbelievable 

OH. . .  WOW!!!

Like I said in the in-game thread, this offense looks close to 2016 form. I was just going by the eye test.

This offense is just sick. I mean that in a good way. Ridley with that head fake is going to put up close to 20 TDs this year as we find ourselves in shootouts more often than not.

Halcon-1 likes this

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan is playing like an MVP. He is currently on pace for 48 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and 5264 yards....and his team is 1-3. Unbelievable 

Choker 

1 minute ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Ryan is killing it for me in fantasy, and i've been starting Ridley. Dual win.

Really hard to understand the stats vs. the win/loss total.

Same here. I have Cooks and Woods too and he's putting up similar or better numbers since week 2.

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

I thought you meant what the Colts coach did in OT.  He had it 4th and 4 with 26 seconds left his own 43 yardline and they threw and incomplete after originally trying to draw the Texas offsides. The result was one pass and a winning FG for the Texans. 

Man, just punt it away and settle for the tie. 

That was pretty insane too. But not as insane as the Falcons losing 2 games in a row, at home, scoring over 36 in both, and watching the defense helplessly give the game away on the final drive. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

That was pretty insane too. But not as insane as the Falcons losing 2 games in a row, at home, scoring over 36 in both, and watching the defense helplessly give the game away on the final drive. 

That was just plain dumb in my opinion.  Ours speaks to the defense. 

Ergo Proxy and FalconFan1st like this

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Ryan is playing like an MVP. He is currently on pace for 48 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and 5264 yards....and his team is 1-3. Unbelievable 

Offense playing like it's 2016, Defense playing like it's 2013. I would be more optimistic about the defense if the Falcons had signed Reid (with Debo coming back in November) but now I have no hope.

PokerSteve likes this

11 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

At what point in time do we point the finger at the not so mighty Quinn?

Just now, MilleniumFalcon said:

Offense playing like it's 2016, Defense playing like it's 2013. I would be more optimistic about the defense if the Falcons had signed Reid (with Debo coming back in November) but now I have no hope.

There’s still time to make some moves. Trading for Earl Thomas must happen. Do something. Anything

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Offense has looked awesome.

The defense we all had high hopes for is sitting in a dr.s office somewhere wishing they could help.

We've all seen this story play out before....

Xero likes this

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

That was just plain dumb in my opinion.  Ours speaks to the defense. 

We found our lost O from '16. Matt is playing lights out. Gotta do something about that D. Your offense scores 36 points you ought to win. Unless your D sucks. But at least it is from injuries. Our best players are out. Takk stepped up though. It just leaves me smh.

But the season is NOT over. I'm still optimistic when normally I wouldn't be due to O play.

Xero likes this

1 minute ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Offense has looked awesome.

The defense we all had high hopes for is sitting in a dr.s office somewhere wishing they could help.

We've all seen this story play out before....

I’m not sure we have...I’ve never seen Ryan play THIS good and have his team let him down THIS badly

Just now, HouseofEuphoria said:

That stupid early 4th down at midfield failure early looked like desperation.

It looked like we didn’t trust our defense. So fix it. Quinn and TD can still save this season. But they need to make some tough decisions that may impact the “process” of the future of the team. The goal is to win NOW, not win in 3 years

Looking forward this team is in really great shape. Quinn and Dimi need to focus on the DE/DT position to replace McClain, Shelby and Crawford. Get some young, athletic talent with some dawg inside. Better to get Oline_men thru free agency.

If there aren't any more injuries this year then I can see the defense getting better as they grow.

Right now they don't communicate well enough.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

2 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Looking forward this team is in really great shape. Quinn and Dimi need to focus on the DE/DT position to replace McClain, Shelby and Crawford. Get some young, athletic talent with some dawg inside. Better to get Oline_men thru free agency.

If there aren't any more injuries this year then I can see the defense getting better as they grow.

Right now they don't communicate well enough.

Another legit Debo caliber LB would be huge for this front 7. Would make Campbell a luxury.