jlrfalcon

The It's Not Over Yet Thread-Positve Thoughts Only

61 posts in this topic

Just now, ATLFalcons11 said:

Link?

They showed Quinn on TV with the headset calling the defense. Don’t have a link. If you have it recorded, watch the second half again and you will see Quinn calling in the plays. Watch the first half, it’s Manuel calling in the plays.

ATLFalcons11 likes this

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

My bad, I was agreeing with him. I can see how you interpreted it like that though. 

I knew what you meant. You just had the sides mixed up

1 minute ago, pzummo said:

They showed Quinn on TV with the headset calling the defense. Don’t have a link. If you have it recorded, watch the second half again and you will see Quinn calling in the plays. Watch the first half, it’s Manuel calling in the plays.

Ok will take a look. Thanks

Just now, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Im positive TruCANT will not be on this team next season 

maybe on your madden franchise he won't, but in real life he will be.

The defense went from pathetic to average from the 1st half to the 2nd half. And that’s really all we need them to be right now. Just be AVERAGE. If they play like they did in the 2nd half for a full game, the offense will get the win

RiseUpFalcs and Ergo Proxy like this

4 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Ridley and Takk are great. Sark is doing well. 

I can't wait to see who we'll get with one of the top 3 draft picks next year.

Crazy we got both with back to back 26th picks

Just now, cwell1 said:

maybe on your madden franchise he won't, but in real life he will be.

Unfortunately you’re right. Overpaid Trash with 0 balls skills. I don’t even play madden so i cant get that satisfaction 

Outstanding O and the D was much improved after the half.  Our decimated secondary was the difference.  Allot of football left! 

Just now, 11=team said:

Outstanding O and the D was much improved after the half.  Our decimated secondary was the difference.  Allot of football left! 

Where?lol it was our usual starters getting beat like drums, not the backups, but yeah I can see us improving a whole lot by the home stretch, but none of that matters if we keep losing games we had no business losing. It will be too little to late. We need a winning streak NOW

If we can get the 2nd half defense minus the dumb mistakes we will be fine until Debo gets back.  Young players will only get better with more reps.  Also our schedule gets easier on paper at the end.  Also Ito Smith looks like our best running back right now. 

Edited by bighurt

I truly admire your optimism. That's my positive thought. But being a realist, I realize what the D is with all these injuries and you have to be equipped to accomplish a comeback.

50 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Believe it or not, the second half boosted my confidence going forward. Quinn took over defensive playcalling in the second half. And we only gave up 9 points. Last time he did this with Smith as DC, the defense really stepped up late and we went to the Super Bowl. 

I’m not predicting Super Bowl. I’m just saying, if Quinn calls the defense the rest of the way with our offense playing the way they are, I feel good moving forward.

How do you know he did this!

33 minutes ago, cwell1 said:

Where?lol it was our usual starters getting beat like drums, not the backups, but yeah I can see us improving a whole lot by the home stretch, but none of that matters if we keep losing games we had no business losing. It will be too little to late. We need a winning streak NOW

Neal, Jones, Allen...if we have them we win.  It's unfortunate we had a rookie exploited by a seasoned pro bowler on their last drive.  95 yards of penalties didn't help but the glass is half full- great confidence in this team

We could very easily be 4-0.

Matt Ryan has been good for my ffl team............oh yeah....and for the Falcons.

I criticized Beasley so I will step up and say he played a decent game today.......I want more though.

My golf game was not in the toilet today.

I'm so positive darn it, I'm a glow.

16 minutes ago, 11=team said:

Neal, Jones, Allen...if we have them we win.  It's unfortunate we had a rookie exploited by a seasoned pro bowler on their last drive.  95 yards of penalties didn't help but the glass is half full- great confidence in this team

Neal, Jones, Allen doesn't explain why Trufant, Alford, and Poole look like complete garbage and are committing dumb penalties.

Vandy and Ergo Proxy like this

I'll give some positivism a try, here. 

• Our biggest concern in the off season has been squelched. The offense looks great, and hasn't even played their best football yet. 
  • To have three pivotal defensive starters out and our starting RB out with injuries, things could actually look much worse. 
  • We have young players getting valuable snaps to their progression and development as NFL players, and we have guys playing out of position and adjusting on the fly: Campbell is calling the defense, Tru is playing nickel, Poole is platooning at SS with a brand new Falcon, who has no business starting at the position, and we have a rookie starting at LCB, and didn't look horrible, I might add. 
  • Takk showed up big time, and Vic actually made a cameo. 

It's going to take some time for these guys to adjust to the positions they're being asked to play. I have to say I agree with the defensive patchwork that was attempted today. It might not have been pretty the first go-round, but give them a couple of games. This season is far from over. 13-3 is staring us in the face, people! LOL! 

Falconsfan567 and Ergo Proxy like this