jlrfalcon

The It's Not Over Yet Thread-Positve Thoughts Only

61 posts in this topic

The Panthers are on their bye already and will be 2-1, the Bucs are already down to 2-2, and the Saints could fall to 2-2 also if they lose in New York today (were down 7-3 in Q2 as I write this).

We will be 1-3 and at the bottom of the division no matter what, but we will only be down 1 1/2 games to the Panthers and 1 to the Bucs and Saints (if they lose).

Our offense is clearly in good shape with 30+ points being scored the last 3 weeks.  Ridley looks great and we could still possibly improve our offense if the old Devonta returns at any point soon.

Our defense has been decimated by injuries and a lot of players were in "new" roles this week.  They actually played better somewhat in the 2nd half today than the 1st half and maybe these players in "new" roles can show improvement next week.

Maybe this is the year where we start slow but finish strong - with as evenly-matched as this division is, we could likely still win it if we win our 5 remaining division games and finish with a record of 10-6 or so (we go 9-3 in our final 12 games).  And, by late in the year, we could have Deion back on defense and be at our peak going into the playoffs.

If you want to give up on this team now, you can but I encourage you to use this thread to only look at the positive side of things.

Here’s a positive thought

if you’ve ever wanted to see a Falcons game at Mercedes Benz stadium but thought the tickets were too expensive—-you’re in luck— with the these last 2 excruciatingly bad losses at home you are assured of substantially lower secondary market prices for the next few home games as scalpers and ticket holders scramble to sell

We’ve been in every single game until the final drive.

Saints loss today means we are still just one game back due to the Panthers bye. Game is on now.

Don't spot teams 28 points in the first half and our offense is online for us to win.

A complete game out of both sides of ball will help.

blkbigdog35 likes this

I’ll pass.  Not in the mood to sugarcoat this pathetic organization.  They are elite choke artist!  Hey that’s positive!  Least they’re elite at something!!

When healthy this is a Super Bowl Roster.  Even decimated with injuries we have led late in the last 2 losses.  Teams still have to play very well to beat us.  Just bad luck so far this year.  

And Sarks performance Weeks 2-4 has been spectacular.  The pieces are here for a Super Bowl…we may just need to temper our expectations a bit  this year due to injury

1 minute ago, fuego said:

I hate the loss, but I'm really not discouraged. We found our lost O. It's not the problem any more. Just got to get the D on track. The season is far from over. 

We need help on D... This is not going to get it... Wasting all these points in losses... Matt playing out of his mind right now... 

fuego likes this

i've always thought this but I wondered why we rarely moved our lineman around. Vic has rushed from the left since late in his rookie year and Takk always rushed from the right. They switched today and both wreaked havoc

ATLFalcons11 and Ergo Proxy like this

1 minute ago, cwell1 said:

i've always thought this but I wondered why we rarely moved our lineman around. Vic has rushed from the left since late in his rookie year and Takk always rushed from the right. They switched today and both wreaked havoc

Beasley needs to stay on the left imo. Attacking from the blind side seems to be his strong suit. It gives him better ability to try and knock the ball out of the QBs hands. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Beasley needs to stay on the left imo. Attacking from the blind side seems to be his strong suit. It gives him better ability to try and knock the ball out of the QBs hands. 

You guys are saying the same thing. Beasley attacked from the right side of the defense, the left side of the QB.

7 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

When healthy this is a Super Bowl Roster.  

Bingo. When you your important players on D it's gonna happen. These aren't scrubs that got hurt. 

Believe it or not, the second half boosted my confidence going forward. Quinn took over defensive playcalling in the second half. And we only gave up 9 points. Last time he did this with Smith as DC, the defense really stepped up late and we went to the Super Bowl. 

I’m not predicting Super Bowl. I’m just saying, if Quinn calls the defense the rest of the way with our offense playing the way they are, I feel good moving forward.

FuhRealDoh likes this

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Vic can do that from either side. The right side is the blind side of most QB's by the way. His pro bowl season came from the left within the QB's vision. He shouldn't stay on any side. That's my issue with this defense, we don't line up according to matchups. We just "do what we do" and pray it works while smart coaches on the opposite sideline scheme against that.

5 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

You guys are saying the same thing. Beasley attacked from the right side of the defense, the left side of the QB.

My bad, I was agreeing with him. I can see how you interpreted it like that though. 

ATLFalcons11 likes this