Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2_legit_2_legit_2_quit

Trufant has to go

66 posts in this topic

Corners on most Ds..even Sherm in Sea get exposed with no safety help. Both corners have been exposed so I would say this has a lot to do with it. That and no Debo to man the middle. Both corners are on islands at this point. But yes both have neen garbage

Trufant was good minus the hands issue early in his career but he's been bad since coming back from injury. He was always kind of speed-dependent and now that's not enough to do the job and it's showing on the field. Kind of sad we already need to re-invest at CB because the idea was once we had Oliver and he developed some we were set at CB even in nickel situations. Trufant needs to be cut, so we will need to draft another CB im the top 3 rds AND hope Oliver learns a lot this year. If so, Neal, Debo, Allen all coming back at 100% means next year we have the defense we've been hoping for, at least for the most part.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:32 AM, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

TRUFANT SUCKS.ND HE HAS FOR A FEW YEARS

Funny how this crap only comes up after he got his contract.

As his first 3-4 years he was going as good a season any corner in the league.

Also the people that were so absolute on how bad Allen and how easily he can be replaced where are you all now.

On 10/1/2018 at 9:43 AM, lostnmexico said:

Why is it that when posters call out a player for not doing the job….people try to defelect the criticism by pointing the finger at others?

This thread is about Tru….you are more than welcome to start another thread about Alford, Oliver, or Pool.

Fact is: Trufant is being paid to be our shutdown corner and no body is getting shutdown.

Now it may be scheme and the coaches need to go as Trufant has been a good player in the past BUT if the season is lost and quite possibly the Quin Regime….get something for the guy.

Its not happening here in 2018!

Because it's remisss to put the light on one person when everyone else in the secondary is making the same mistakes.

Lets be honest here the only reason why Trufants eats it is because of the money hes making.

Flying Falcon likes this

Trufant fell off a cliff and still hasent learned how to catch an interception.

Alford is solid. Yeah he gets beat once in a while but he is now our best CB sad to say.

Poole has regressed badly and has completely forgotten how to wrap-up. What happened to the sure tackler from his first 2 seasons? He saved us vs Gurley in the playoffs countless times with 1 on 1 tackles. Where did that guy go?

Oliver simply isn't ready and does not turn around when the ball is in the air.

Kazee trys to play hero ball far too often and abandons his zone.

Richards is a joke and should be cut just like Riley.

Osiruz and Flying Falcon like this

12 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Trufant fell off a cliff and still hasent learned how to catch an interception.

Alford is solid. Yeah he gets beat once in a while but he is now our best CB sad to say.

Poole has regressed badly and has completely forgotten how to wrap-up. What happened to the sure tackler from his first 2 seasons? He saved us vs Gurley in the playoffs countless times with 1 on 1 tackles. Where did that guy go?

Oliver simply isn't ready and does not turn around when the ball is in the air.

Kazee trys to play hero ball far too often and abandons his zone.

Richards is a joke and should be cut just like Riley.

I agree with this assessment. 100%

34 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Because it's remisss to put the light on one person when everyone else in the secondary is making the same mistakes.

Lets be honest here the only reason why Trufants eats it is because of the money hes making.

no argument from me....although he earns more of his money than either Freeman or Beasley in my opinión.  see...now you got me deflecting……..

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, osiruz said:

Been saying TruFART is an overrated over paid peice of hot garbage. Dude knows how to lose games.

I have to agree Trufant gets beat way too much.... The funk is a Tyler Boyd smh.  Do any of our Cb's jam the man at the line to disrupt the route. When Ab beat Oliver he didn't get a finger nail on him.... I'm like jam him already (no not that kinda jam)

Osiruz likes this

28 minutes ago, lostnmexico said:

no argument from me....although he earns more of his money than either Freeman or Beasley in my opinión.  see...now you got me deflecting……..

It's like that in team sport you win and lose as a team your only ever as good as your weakest link.

I don't get the narrative if I'm honest I'm the first to admit I haven't been enamoured with anyone in our secondary of late.There painful too watch.

30 minutes ago, Diggable Birds said:

I have to agree Trufant gets beat way too much.... The funk is a Tyler Boyd smh.  Do any of our Cb's jam the man at the line to disrupt the route. When Ab beat Oliver he didn't get a finger nail on him.... I'm like jam him already (no not that kinda jam)

Tyler Boyd has 393 yards and 2 TD’s in 5 games. Really isn’t a bad WR. 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, Yo_Lover said:

So no one gonna hold Alford, Oliver, or Poole accountable? It's just Trufant huh?

Yeah, there is literally only one player on this defense playing well, Takk. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

After taking back to back CB's that draft, I thought we were set for years and years.  More evidence that TD only sees the big plays and the trenches are invisible to him.

1 minute ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

After taking back to back CB's that draft, I thought we were set for years and years.  More evidence that TD only sees the big plays and the trenches are invisible to him.

Are you a joker or what both Tru and Alford have been here nie on 5 seasons and have been great tandem up until the last 5 games or so.

Drafting these 2 in 2013 was one of the better moves TD has made through his tenure as GM.

3 hours ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

PFF must not take into account jumping out of the way of trying to tackle.  Saw him multiple times move OUT of the way to allow the offensive player a few more yards assuming the other defender had it covered.