Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2_legit_2_legit_2_quit

Trufant has to go

66 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

I've been calling Trufant "butterfingers" for years. 

He ALWAYS plays too soft off the LoS and gives up easy catches. 

A Trufant highlight reel would last 20 sec. His lowlight reel would last 10 min.

:lol: because it’s tru.

SpongeDad likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tru got to go.  Tired of seeing him chase down guys 15 yards down the field.  He getting picked on at this point. Side note, not just him, most of the d. Minus the injured guys,  tak seems to be the only one worth a dam 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Trufant is the one with the record of trash play over several games. Trufant is the first round pick. So yeah right now the spotlight is on Tru.

He's a mediocre corner getting paid and recognized as a shutdown corner which he isn't. It's hurting us right now.

sdogg and bighurt like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

So no one gonna hold Alford, Oliver, or Poole accountable? It's just Trufant huh?

Alford made some plays and is getting paid half of what trufart is making. He is also aggressive, so I can live with his bad plays. Trufart is softer than a new born taking a nap. 

bighurt, tonatl07 and rogueleadersf like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, stizz said:

Poole may be the dumbest player on the roster. Nobody in the secondary attacks the ball in the air.

Yeah, how many yards in stupid penalties does he have so far this year? Like 300 or 400? :bang:

sdogg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Ill take him to marta so he can head to the airport

what a joke of a #1

I hope he gets roasted on twitter.

69 million dollars worth of CANT

 

39 minutes ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Dalton tried to be Dalton, but Trufant wouldn't let him. Heck. He not only missed a ball that hit him in the hands and chest, but it slipped right through him and could've been caught by the WR. 

 

27 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Been saying TruFART is an overrated over paid peice of hot garbage. Dude knows how to lose games.

 

LMBO at this thread! Yall boys going in! LOL!

Osiruz and SkerFalcon8710 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, osiruz said:

He's a mediocre corner getting paid and recognized as a shutdown corner which he isn't. It's hurting us right now.

I know Quinn has to see it on a consistent basis. That film don’t lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Yeah, how many yards in stupid penalties does he have so far this year? Like 300 or 400? :bang:

When Brees did a spin move on him for a TD, the writing was on the wall.

lostnmexico likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

He has played like complete trash for too long. His inability to cover and catch easy interceptions has cost us too many games. Our defense is too depleted to have him play like this is his first football game.

Reminds me of Deangelo Hall. Living off the hype until the opposite corner starts playing well then they expose you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lostnmexico said:

Why is it that when posters call out a player for not doing the job….people try to defelect the criticism by pointing the finger at others?

This thread is about Tru….you are more than welcome to start another thread about Alford, Oliver, or Pool.

Fact is: Trufant is being paid to be our shutdown corner and no body is getting shutdown.

Now it may be scheme and the coaches need to go as Trufant has been a good player in the past BUT if the season is lost and quite possibly the Quin Regime….get something for the guy.

Its not happening here in 2018!

I'll tell you why because this is a team sport.

Its not making fun of kids in the play ground.

When you win and lose you do it as a team you single one guy out the teams got his back that's how team sport works.

The whole pay argument is BS always has been how is it Jimmy G gets 28 mill per season after starting 10 games and has basically done f all to deserve that money yet our fans bag Ryan for getting his after playing 10 seasons yeah bs.

Much like Tru getting his good for him if you got paid that and were **** at what you do would you not take the money.

Tru hasn't had a good 2 weeks his struggles mirror the form of the team right now.All he and the team have to do is clean this stuff up and go again next week.

PS we lost the game in the first half 28 points fark we should be so lucky the game was as close as it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Tru got to go.  Tired of seeing him chase down guys 15 yards down the field.  He getting picked on at this point. Side note, not just him, most of the d. Minus the injured guys,  tak seems to be the only one worth a dam 

I noticed Riley was actually making tackles for loss and 0 yards. You know things have taken a horrible turn when everyone is complaining about the D and Riley's name hasn't come up in 2 weeks. LOL

But yes, Tru has always been overrated. Might not be a coincidence there wasn't much of any drop off when he went down and Collins and Poole took over while he was out.

Anyone know what his contract looks like per year? When will it start looking feasible to make him a cap casualty?

Along with DE, DT and LB, we might need another injection at CB (one with some height) in the near future draftwise.

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd and long and 4th and long they throw to trufant knowing they have a 95% completion chance or 98% chance of him dropping an interception. It’s all on film, you can’t make it up! Tru has a ton of potential to be really good and i think that’s why he was drafted, but right now he is not getting done. If the falcons can cut a cb like Brent Grimes, they can def cut a Desmond Trufault. Your time is up man, bounce! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

I noticed Riley was actually making tackles for loss and 0 yards. You know things have taken a horrible turn when everyone is complaining about the D and Riley's name hasn't come up in 2 weeks. LOL

But yes, Tru has always been overrated. Might not be a coincidence there wasn't much of any drop off when he went down and Collins and Poole took over while he was out.

Anyone know what his contract looks like per year? When will it start looking feasible to make him a cap casualty?

Along with DE, DT and LB, we might need another injection at CB (one with some height) in the near future draftwise.

Cutting him next year would cost $14.6M in dead money.

Absolute earliest would probably be 2020 and even then, the dead money for cutting him is $10.2M, but if it’s a designated June 1st cut, the hit can be split where y’all would be on the hook for $4.4M dead money in 2020 and $5.8M in 2021. 

Most likely though wouldn’t be until 2021 when the dead money hit is only $5.8M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

He has played like complete trash for too long. His inability to cover and catch easy interceptions has cost us too many games. Our defense is too depleted to have him play like this is his first football game.

I hate that we're paying him so much to be so average... and it's just sickening that the year we went to the SB could be attributed to him going down...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Cutting him next year would cost $14.6M in dead money.

Absolute earliest would probably be 2020 and even then, the dead money for cutting him is $10.2M, but if it’s a designated June 1st cut, the hit can be split where y’all would be on the hook for $4.4M dead money in 2020 and $5.8M in 2021. 

Most likely though wouldn’t be until 2021 when the dead money hit is only $5.8M.

Thanks, man.

Guess he's staying until he retires.

Iron Saint likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tradehm him?!? To who?!? Who would want that contract and play. Lmao 

He has to go huh? And what piece of trash do you suggest we replace him with right now?

The Falcons were morons for ever letting Grimes walk. He's still better at this point than any of our CBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 4:38 PM, Malachore said:

Of all the players to get injured yet he's still there unfortunately. 

Oh my gosh as bad as that sounds I have to agree as ugly as it sounds I actually know where you're coming from and I can't blame you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Tradehm him?!? To who?!? Who would want that contract and play. Lmao 

He has to go huh? And what piece of trash do you suggest we replace him with right now?

The Falcons were morons for ever letting Grimes walk. He's still better at this point than any of our CBs. 

I did question when the Falcons let Grimes go at the time smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, slider said:

Reminds me of Deangelo Hall. Living off the hype until the opposite corner starts playing well then they expose you.

DeAngelo Hall was better to him lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites