SacFalcFan

South Carolina at Kentucky Game Thread

12 posts in this topic

Snell is a football player. Anybody see the bit they did on him on ESPN? He had a mouthguard that has a built in whistle that plays when he breathes hard so he was like, "yeah, when I'm running by I'm all 'wheee!' (makes whistle sound)". Lol.

I think it's time to start taking Kentucky seriously. Maybe I was a year early in my prediction that they could give Georgia fight in the East. That defense is fierce and with Georgia's injuries and struggles up front, gives them a chance. The game being a home game for them too, that's gonna be a good one.

Kentucky is 3-0 in SEC play for the first time since 1977. In 1977 Kentucky went 10-1 and a perfect 6-0 in SEC play. Their only loss that year was 21-6 at Baylor in their 2nd game. Kentucky was on probably and not allowed to play in a bowl game or claim the SEC title.

That 1977 season was one of only twice when Kentucky football has won at least 10 games. The other was 1950 when they went 11-1 under Bear Bryant. Their loss was a 7-0 loss at Tennessee. They beat #1 Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl.

Back in those days the final AP polls were released at the end of the regular season, thus Kentucky finished with a final ranking of 7th. It wasn't until 1968 that the final AP polls were released after the bowl games were played. The only exception prior to 1968 was 1965. For some reason, the AP final poll wasn't released until after the bowl games and as a result of #1 Michigan State losing to UCLA, #2 Arkansas losing to LSU and #4 Alabama beating #3 Nebraska, Alabama was awarded the National Championship. Don't know why they did that. Alabama was also awarded the national championship in 1964 after finishing the regular season undefeated before losing to Texas in the Orange Bowl. Had the AP waited that year Alabama wouldn't have won the National Championship. So congrats Alabama.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Welp, it's been a ****** offensive night for the Gamecocks and that's the perfect cherry on top.

South Carolina isn’t a good team- they will battle Vandy for worst in the conference.  Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee all look better than SC right now.

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

South Carolina isn’t a good team- they will battle Vandy for worst in the conference.  Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee all look better than SC right now.

How has Tennessee looked better than SC?

2 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

How has Tennessee looked better than SC?

The the two worst teams are vandy and ut.. the east has shown some nice improvement this year.