Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iDash

Why is'nt Kemal Ishmael not starting at SS?

49 posts in this topic

Let’s just look at all the pieces and go from there.  The answer is the coaches feel the folks on the field are the best combination of talent, not individual player comparisons. The question is whether we fans agree  or not.

As I tried putting this down I am saddened to realize I don’t even know our defense with all the injuries  

Looks like we are another LB injury away from moving Beasley to LB

MLB - Duke Riley  .... Ishmael

OLB x 2 - Campbell and Oloukune ... Ishmael

SS - ?  

FS - Kazee,

CB x 3 - Trufant, Alford, Poole ....... Bleeding Ray- Wilson. (I know - but that sounds like a jazz player that will shank you).  ...  Oliver

People note Ishmael gained weight for LB, so must not be a good SS candidate.

Most likely move seems Poole and Bleeding Ray play more as nickel and dime CB,  Kazee 190lb skinny *** stays at FS and Campbell plays LB With coverage responsibilities.

On 9/28/2018 at 7:57 AM, Kaptain Krazy said:

Nice try, but more slobber than knocker.

He asked a question that included info about the move from safety to LB and the first answers mocked him for not knowing about the move to LB. Fail.

I'm referring to the OPs use of a horrible double negative.

Stryka likes this

On 9/30/2018 at 4:38 AM, ya_boi_j said:

So did he fail........... or you? 

Neither. Is over your head for now.

OP - Why isn't Ishmael not starting at SS? = Why Ishamel is starting at SS.

Much to dry of a joke since I had to explain. Wasn't calling him out or arguing. Just saying he didn't catch the oxymoron in the title. 

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:
2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Neither. Is over your head.

Why do people bump dead conversations?

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Merely responding to your post. Been off for a couple days for obvious reasons

That’s cool and all but I honestly forgot all about this thread and even conversating with you. 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

17 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

That’s cool and all but I honestly forgot all about this thread and even conversating with you. 

Wow. And I thought what we had was special.Men are all the same

I agree.  I feel he has always produced when on the field.  He could be a good fill in at MLB at least until Jones returns.  

Quinn is probably so desperate for bodies right now he has probably considered the guy but sees something (size, speed, ?) that makes him not even an option.

Plus, the very fact that they did not keep him at safety in the first place suggests he was not ideal for the position.

Obviously the Falcons don't have faith in him anymore as anything other than a special teamer.

That's the only explanation for the guy getting zero defensive snaps on THIS defense.

Not sure why they bothered resigning him.

There have been a lot of questionable coaching decisions this year.  But to answer your question, Ishmael looks a little overweight and slow.  What I don't understand and what no one is really talking about it why would you sign a DT off the street and put a roster player on the PS??  If you're gonna do this, he should've ALREADY been on the team.