Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fuego

Vikings @ Rams

289 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

See how the Rams change their helmet color so that they can wear their throwback uniforms? This whole "teams can't paint or change decals on their helmets" is a lame excuse for teams to be lazy and not wear their throwback uniforms. I hate it.

They didn't change the helmet color, they changed the white decals/horns to yellow, and swapped out the white mask for the dark blues. Same helmet. Also, there is nothing in the rules about changing the decals, as even the Falcons will use the old logo/icon with their throwbacks/alternate unis.

1 minute ago, 4dabirds said:

They didn't change the helmet color, they changed the white decals/horns to yellow, and swapped out the white mask for the dark blues. Same helmet. Also, there is nothing in the rules about changing the decals, as even the Falcons will use the old logo/icon with their throwbacks/alternate unis.

I never said they changed helmet colors. I said it's an option. The rule doesn't say that teams can't change helmet colors. Teams just use that as a lazy excuse.

God watching these threads during other teams games is super annoying. You all want all the other teams best players and compare them to the plays our guys “don’t” make but they actually do make them every Sunday. Stop being envious of others and enjoy our squad. They ain’t bad either. 31/32 team would love Julio, Ryan, Ridley, Takk, etc. it’s not like we are playing with trash.

Flying Falcon likes this

10 minutes ago, NoTalentAssClown said:

IF, they make the playoffs?  Who in their division is going to knock them off?  They are a lock.

I said if because you never know what will happen between now and January. Injuries happen.

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I never said they changed helmet colors. I said it's an option. The rule doesn't say that teams can't change helmet colors. Teams just use that as a lazy excuse.

Dude no one wants to paint every helment for ONE game, then paint it back all over again. That's a waste.

Jerz #Quinning likes this

That's the reason we've gone to the black helmet throwbacks is that we have to use the same helmets all year now. Unless we painted them red you'll never see them again unless we actually go to red helmets permanently.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude no one wants to paint every helment for ONE game, then paint it back all over again. That's a waste.

Pay me enough money and I'll do it in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Pay me enough money and I'll do it in a heartbeat.

It's not the fact no one out there wants to do it, it's a waste of resources and time. It's pointless.

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

The only place that does, that I can think of is Notre Dame but that's because if the corny gold in the paint thing. They paint them before the game. Its a thing you can go watch.

For anyone who has a hard grasping that teams/units have inexplicable dips in performance from year to year and that it's not all due to coaching turnover, I give you the 2018 Vikings defense.

Last year they were #1 in points and yards.  This year they look completely lost out there, despite the fact they've got the same defensive staff.

Falconsfan567 likes this

2 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

For anyone who has a hard grasping that teams/units have inexplicable dips in performance from year to year and that it's not all due to coaching turnover, I give you the 2018 Vikings defense.

Last year they were #1 in points and yards.  This year they look completely lost out there, despite the fact they've got the same defensive staff.

Yeah, it's crazy. 

Are you likening this to last year versus '16 and this year for us?

https://und.com/news/2018/8/31/football-evolving-traditions-irish-helmets-as-iconic-as-ever.aspx

They don't paint them weekly anymore.

Student managers have still been involved with the maintenance of the helmets each game week, including inspection, removal of scuff marks and cleaning. But the new paint process was so detailed it could not be duplicated by Notre Dame, so it was impossible to be applied each week.

"Now it's more of a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday routine, using thin repair strips," says Bacsik. "In years past we'd just paint it again. With repair strips you have a new helmet for games and another for practice, just a base gray version."