Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atl Falcon

I think we have to consider trading Julio

212 posts in this topic

Flame away if it makes you feel better but here’s why I would consider it. 

JJ will be 30 in February and will demand a HUGE contract. We have a true number one WR in Ridley and plenty of offensive weapons. JJ wants big bucks, that’s money we could use to pay all our ascending defensive players, plus money we could pay to a top tier pass rusher if acquired via trade. JJ will be nearing 31 next season and yeah he probably has a couple more good years before declining, but honestly how many ( I know there’s a few) WRs continue to play at the same level as they did when they were in their mid late 20s? I think we would all agree JJ is injury prone as well and with his body type and history it’s not likely to change. So is now the time, why he still has value and what would be some realistic options for trade - players and/or draft picks that would help our team now and in the future. I realize it would  be a sentimental situation for some folks to ever think about trading JJ. I highly doubt AB would let it happen and this is all hypothetical but surely some of you would agree. Let’s hear it.....

We might get a 2nd round pick for him but no team is going to part with much given his age, remaining contract year, and known desire for more money.

I think the best strategy is let Ridley get better this year while Julio's #'s decline and then see him at the negotiating table next year when he has discovered he does not have the bargaining power he thought he did.

Atl Falcon and Dirtytrollbird like this

1 minute ago, jlrfalcon said:

We might get a 2nd round pick for him but no team is going to part with much given his age, remaining contract year, and known desire for more money.

I think the best strategy is let Ridley get better this year while Julio's #'s decline and then see him at the negotiating table next year when he has discovered he does not have the bargaining power he thought he did.

That’s not going to happen at all

So when AB says Julios going to be a Falcon for life how does this get to let's trade Julio or Julio has no leverage.

WTF is this decline BS he's as fast he's as open as I've ever seen,he's as explosive out of breaks as ever faaarrrkkk me what decline are you guys talking about I'm not seeing any of the decline BS at all lol.

I agree and support the OP on this thread 100%. I Love Julio but the facts are facts - he is turning 30 years and wants to be the Highest Paid WR in the NFL. We COULD AFFORD THAT. But we dont need to. Calvin Ridley is our new #1 ... so lets not pay Julio the 1 Billion Dollars he wants, and use that money instead on Defense and TEs and wherever else we could spend that on.

We got 5 more years of Matt Ryan, we got 10 more years of Ridley ... Lets spend Julio $$$ on other good players, and just let him go, and get whatever we can for him.

Im thinking at least a 1st Rounder. 2nd Rounder for him

6 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Yall was just talkin about this kid being a wasted pick as with Oliver.. Now he is already a number one receiver. 

Single covered doest sound like a number #1 wr 

Lol. They don’t get it bro. They don’t understand Ridley was able to go off because Julio was drawing coverage his way. And then when they took lattimore off Julio to single cover Ridley and double Julio with Crawley and a safety Julio split both of them for a 50 yard bomb. Just strange that fans don’t understand his impact on our entire offense. 

Jedi keep dreaming you must me a Sucs Pantie or Ain't fan because there the only fans that would agree in there right minds that we'd trade Julio they'd be praising it.

How and why the Falcons would look to trade there best asset in a SB winning window is football sucide and a guy whose at the peak of his powers you want to get rid of.

Doing it for draft picks is even worse in my eyes in this window as you now have to wait for them to develop and your using up another few more valuable years of Matt Ryan's peak also.

When you build a team you have foundation players which you build around,Julio is one of those players.

First of all Julio didn’t become the #1 wr in only his second year and we let Roddy go. Julio became the #1 in 2015. Ridley won’t be ready to be the #1 until 3/4 years in. Randy Moss didn’t become the #1 off top. Julio isn’t even in decline lol. He split a corner and a safety and left them so far behind that Matt underthrew the ball Julio was moving so fast. Geez. It’s chess not checkers. As soon as we start playing checkers we won’t be a contending team anymore. 

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Jedi keep dreaming you must me a Sucs Pantie or Ain't fan because there the only fans that would agree in there right minds that we'd trade Julio they'd be praising it.

How and why the Falcons would look to trade there best asset in a SB winning window is football sucide and a guy whose at the peak of his powers you want to get rid of.

Doing it for draft picks is even worse in my eyes in this window as you now have to wait for them to develop and your using up another few more valuable years of Matt Ryan's peak also.

When you build a team you have foundation players which you build around Julio is one of those players.

Julio is turning 30 years old. Julio cant score a Touchdown to save his life. Julio cant get open any more because he lost a step. Remember Roddy White? Same thing. Get value while you can. Dont repeat the Devonta Freeman Debacle.

Flying Falcon likes this