E. T.

Braves Playoff Thread

112 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

All things being equal, I don't want to have to potentially face Kershaw twice in a 5-game series. Starting a series in Coors isn't great either, but that seems like it could more go either way.

In the end though jidady's right, MLB doesn't care what we want.

I'm all in for a repeat of 1995. Who's with me?

putnam6, Drew4719, K26dp and 3 others like this

Just now, K26dp said:

Atlanta/Cleveland WS? I'd be down.

Yeah. But I was thinking about the NLDS that year when the Braves swept the Rockies and won games 1 and 2 at Coors Field.

My earliest Braves memory that I can vividly remember is that game 1. In the bottom of the 8th inning Chipper made a diving stop to rob Andres Galarraga with the bases loaded to keep the game tied at 4. Then top of the 9th he hit his 2nd HR of the game and the Braves won 5-4.

Cubs had best record in NL almost entire 2nd half of season and now they are ONE game from elimination.

I hate the Wild Card rule.  The Wildcard series should be a 3-game series.  Maybe only one travel day - play best of three in consecutive days.

JDFIII likes this

5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Cubs had best record in NL almost entire 2nd half of season and now they are ONE game from elimination.

I hate the Wild Card rule.  The Wildcard series should be a 3-game series.  Maybe only one travel day - play best of three in consecutive days.

I'd rather just go back to 1 WC before that. 

11 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

5 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

I'd rather just go back to 1 WC before that. 

I think it should be a best of 3 as well and do it like they do in college. In the college regionals when they have single elimination its a best of 3, game 1 is day 1, then game 2 is a day game and if game 3 is needed it's played that night. We're talking about adding just 1 extra day to the playoff schedule for each league. If the college guys can do it then surely major league players getting paid millions can suck it up and potentially play a double header.

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I think it should be a best of 3 as well and do it like they do in college. In the college regionals when they have single elimination its a best of 3, game 1 is day 1, then game 2 is a day game and if game 3 is needed it's played that night. We're talking about adding just 1 extra day to the playoff schedule for each league. If the college guys can do it then surely major league players getting paid millions can suck it up and potentially play a double header.

Yeah, it’s a joke to have 162 game season and then a one game playoff.   That is silly.

Falconsfan567, Drew4719 and putnam6 like this

17 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Time for the Braves to make their travel plans to LA.

yup head over as early as possible and hope that we ambush Kershaw. Would be nice to get some payback for that Wild Card loss last time we played in the playoffs

Just now, maorifalcon said:

yup head over as early as possible and hope that we ambush Kershaw. Would be nice to get some payback for that Wild Card loss last time we played in the playoffs

We played the Dodgers in the NLDS not the Wild Card. That was 2013 when Kimbrel was left in the bullpen as David Carpenter blew the season.

We all were but the bottom line is it's the playoffs. You don't get easy opponents in October. It'll be tough but we all know going in just being in the NLDS is a major accomplishment this season. 

CrimsonFalcon likes this

4 minutes ago, maorifalcon said:

We have the team to go all the way. 

We need to be firing on all cylinders offensively and defensively. 

It's up to the bullpen. We'll go as far as the bullpen takes us. 

With the Dodgers in it's safe to assume Fried will be on the roster and Newcomb will get a start. Newcomb will likely be a quick hook with Julio, Touki and Fried waiting in relief. DOB thinks the Braves may go Touki over Newcomb. Dodgers have never seen Touki and Snitker mentioned a few days ago they like that a lot of teams haven't.

maorifalcon and Drew4719 like this

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

With the Dodgers in it's safe to assume Fried will be on the roster and Newcomb will get a start. Newcomb will likely be a quick hook with Julio, Touki and Fried waiting in relief. DOB thinks the Braves may go Touki over Newcomb. Dodgers have never seen Touki and Snitker mentioned a few days ago they like that a lot of teams haven't.

I quite like the sounds of Touki starting hes got some special stuff. Minter in the 8th Viz in the 9th. 

I know its a tall order....but I wish we would BOMB the heck out of Kershaw and knock him out of the game early. The bats have got to come alive starting like yesterday.

If it makes you feel any better Kershaw is coming off his worst month of the season. He had a 3.86 ERA in September. He also posted his lowest K rate of any month. It's also well documented that Kershaw has stumbled in October through his career. His October ERA is 4.35, his career regular season mark is 2.39. So he allows an average of 2 runs more per game on the biggest stage. With that said his best ever performance in October was 2013 against Atlanta. He posted a 0.69 ERA in 2 starts. Or course the only person still around from that is Freeman. We all know Freeman is fueled by that, he said a few days ago that he still thinks about that Uribe HR to this day.