Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anygivensunday11

Panthers sign Eric Reid

271 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

So you discount Matt Ryan, Debo, Keke, Free, Julio's Pro Bowls too then? Cool. Just keeping it even. Carry on.

Really don't care about the pro bowl at all, so your "gotcha" didn't do much.

And, again, if he's so good, why hasn't he been back? Why isn't he an all -pro, you know, Like Ryan and Julio?

5 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Reid played SS in 26 games in 2015-2016, had 1 pick in those 26 games. That's a lot less impressive than his rookie year, no?

Reid just started playing SS last season and looked better suited for it than FS.

Just now, Byrdman242424 said:

Don't take it where? 

pretty sure you were about to take that to an entirely different level. if you weren't my B

Just now, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

The only reason the Panthers signed Reid is because they are playing "Keep Away". They know we are desperate for a Safety and they are keeping us from getting him. Its a 1 year deal, which is all it needed to be. Smart move on their part.

The Falcon Filter, I meant Falcons had PLENTY of time to sign Reid before the Panthers did.  They just didn't want to...

The only reason the Panthers signed Reid is because they are playing "Keep Away". They know we are desperate for a Safety and they are keeping us from getting him. Its a 1 year deal, which is all it needed to be. Smart move on their part.

Or maybe they're concerned with their own players and wanted to add a player? 

Yall are far far too comfortable talking about stuff things with zero substantive relevant knowledge.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

That has nothing to do with my previous posts in this thread.

Yeah it does. Then your posts make no sense. I rest my case.

This. Panthers are playing 4D chess while DQ plays 1D tic tac toe

feelnu likes this

31 minutes ago, likeriver said:

I can't believe the Panthers just signed a perennial All-pro and future HoF safety, and we didn't even think of calling him.:rant:

Falcon Filter...

3 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Lol you guys are assuming Reid wants to sign. Eric Reid isn’t gonna sign a cheap one year deal till the law suit is done. And DQ or TD aren’t  gonna sign him for a big deal. Eric Reid boxed himself in to a corner with lawsuit.

Whether he signed or not will not hurt the lawsuit. The problems that brought the lawsuit on has already happened.

Osiruz likes this

2 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

wut?

You guys are out of your minds on this. 

How so? Keke made the probowl once. He probably succz using your own logic. 

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

Whether he signed or not will not hurt the lawsuit. The problems that brought the lawsuit on has already happened.

Not really that, he only has to prove that the league itself and a team or two teams together colluded to keep him from playing. Regardless, he’s going to have a tough time proving it. 

3 hours ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Why would you not pursue Eric Reid? 5 year vet and one of the best safeties in the league. It's painfully obvious that this ATL D cannot and won't stop any team from scoring at will. Pay the man

Is that why the Falcons forced 4 Saints punts and 3 field goals in the Saints first 8 possessions on Sunday? Absolutely amazes me how people twist reality to fit their narrative.

7 minutes ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

Reid just started playing SS last season and looked better suited for it than FS.

I liked him better as an fs. But they had ward, and Bowman was on his last legs. They moved him to SS to negate the loss of bowman. But he is a capable player at both positions.