Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anygivensunday11

Panthers sign Eric Reid

271 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, osiruz said:

So your saying he was a terrible FS? Yeah I am sure 4 interceptions, 2 Forced fumbles, and the 12 passes defensed just succs! Yeah let's stay away from that and start Jordan freaking Richards.

Where did I say he was terrible safety? I said pro bowl selection doesn't make you top 5 at your position.

And those stats were from 2013, his last 2 years playing weren't nearly as good statistically. 

Ask you the same question, if he's a top 5 player, why wasn't he a pro bowler after his rookie season.

Schwarzwald and Iron Saint like this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

It’s simple for people to sit behind a keyboard and type these things, but he’s more than earned our trust on this. You have no idea what’s going on behind the scene, neither do i or anybody else for that matter. Quinn gave you guys an answer and you didn’t like it. This team doesn’t need a 1 year rental taking experience and CAP from our young players.  It amazes me how you guys think signing reid is so simple or trading for earl is so simple. I loved the answer Quinn gave “ what we’re not going to do is bring in a high profile star” do you know what that says to a team ?? It tells them I believe in you guys. Gives them confidence that they never had before 

Yeah, it could say that, or it could say that you aren't going to try and improve on a bad situation.  That can be a detriment to morale...

3 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

If Eric Reid was good as some think he is, he would have been signed a lot earlier.

Nahh his position with kap still had something to do with it regardless that he's signed now. 

Osiruz and Byrdman242424 like this

8 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Where did I say he was terrible safety? I said pro bowl selection doesn't make you top 5 at your position.

And those stats were from 2013, his last 2 years playing weren't nearly as good statistically. 

Ask you the same question, if he's a top 5 player, why wasn't he a pro bowler after his rookie season.

Because he was playing SS and lber, out of his position he was drafted to play (FS). And he was a top 10 SS. You seem very defensive of us not signing Reid, so I take it you are happy with richards. Enjoy richards' slip and slide tackling, kind of pointless to cry over spilled milk at this point. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ninerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/31/two-49ers-in-top-10-of-bleacher-reports-strong-safety-rankings/amp/

18 minutes ago, osiruz said:

*Probowler, you don't make the pro bowl unless you are a top 5 player at your position. And he also was probably the best player on that defense FYI. I watched the niners those years. He raised their level of play.

The niners front SEVEN raised HIS level of play. Sometimes the team around you can make you a pro bowler. See willy mo and Decoud. Asante Samuel coming here helped those two guys out a lot as well as Robinson. The next season fell off the face of the earth because we lost Abe, Asante was hurt most of the season and tru and alf were rookies. Reid was never that guy to me but his front seven sure forced errant and rushed throws that he was able to get. Once they lost that front seven how many pro bowls had me made? And I guarantee Ice, Julio, and Ridley take his lunch money. He will look better because if their front seven bit he’s not an earl thomas, Troy P, or Ed Reed. He ain’t that. He’s a Decoud that needs a good team around him. 

19 minutes ago, falconidae said:

That's just not true, pro bowl is a popularity contest. Players that don't deserve it make it onto the squad all the time.

And, if he's so dang good, why hasn't he made a pro bowl since his rookie year?

So you discount Matt Ryan, Debo, Keke, Free, Julio's Pro Bowls too then? Cool. Just keeping it even. Carry on.

Osiruz and Dirtybird3 like this

Just now, TheFatboi said:

The niners front SEVEN raised HIS level of play. Sometimes the team around you can make you a pro bowler. See willy mo and Decoud. Asante Samuel coming here helped those two guys out a lot as well as Robinson. The next season fell off the face of the earth because we lost Abe, Asante was hurt most of the season and tru and alf were rookies. Reid was never that guy to me but his front seven sure forced errant and rushed throws that he was able to get. Once they lost that front seven how many pro bowls had me made? And I guarantee Ice, Julio, and Ridley take his lunch money. He will look better because if their front seven bit he’s not an earl thomas, Troy P, or Ed Reed. He ain’t that. He’s a Decoud that needs a good team around him. 

Did you watch the niners the season before, and with reid? He outplayed the Previous fs, who had the benefit of playing with aldon smith.

26 minutes ago, osiruz said:

*Probowler, you don't make the pro bowl unless you are a top 5 player at your position. And he also was probably the best player on that defense FYI. I watched the niners those years. He raised their level of play.

Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith and Navarro Bowman would like a word with you. 

Iron Saint and Sidecar Falcon like this

Just now, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, Justin Smith and Navarro Bowman would like a word with you. 

Aldon smith played 8 total games.

23 minutes ago, osiruz said:

All sorts of players make one-off pro bowls. And LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL @ him being the best player on that defense. Thats absolutely laughable. I'm not sure he was one of the FIVE best players on that defense let alone the best one. 

And FTR, they most certainly did not "raise their level of play" because of Reid. In Reid's Pro Bowl year, the 49ers dropped 10 spots in defensive efficiency from 2012. 

1 minute ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Still a better player. Care to talk about the others?

He had 8.5 sacks in 8 games. 

Playing next two three Pro Bowl LBs (one of which was an All Pro) and behind a stud pro bowl DE. 

But apparently Eric Reid was the engine...lol

Just now, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

Still a better player. Care to talk about the others?

Dude was getting suspended. Didn't affect his play, so admit you are wrong. Bowman was a good lber whom btw lost his job to reid as a lber in 2017, Willis was going down hill and about to retire. Brooks is alright, and Justin smith is a DT. I'll give you bowman was probably the best player on the defense, but his play doesnt affect the play of Reid as much as you like to think.

24 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Because he was playing SS and lber, our of his position he was drafted to play (FS). And he was a top 10 SS. You seem very defensive of us not signing Reid, so I take it you are happy with richards. Enjoy richards' slip arena slide tackling, kind of pointless to cry over spilled milk at this point. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ninerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/31/two-49ers-in-top-10-of-bleacher-reports-strong-safety-rankings/amp/

I'm not the one crying over spilt milk here.

You keep finding things in my posts that aren't there. Didn't say or imply I was happy with Richards play.

Posters here are acting like Reid=Earl Thomas, and it just ain't so. All I'm saying. 

Reid played SS EDITED: FS in 26 games in 2015-2016, had 1 pick in those 26 games. That's a lot less impressive than his rookie year, no?

Schwarzwald likes this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

I'm not the one crying over spilt milk here.

You keep finding things in my posts that aren't there. Didn't say or imply I was happy with Richards play.

Posters here are acting like Reid=Earl Thomas, and it just ain't so. All I'm saying. 

Reid played SS in 26 games in 2015-2016, had 1 pick in those 26 games. That's a lot less impressive than his rookie year, no?

So you would rather have Richards or Reid start at SS? 

12 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

He was never not on an NFL roster.

But regarding the post I replied to, Shouldn't he have been fired from his employer?

16 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Tom F'ing Brady is an exception to all general rules about NFL QBs

or players in general