Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anygivensunday11

Panthers sign Eric Reid

271 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Since1990 said:

Panthers just signed him!!!!

Just now, E. T. said:

You got a link? I don't see this news anywhere.

Nevermind, just saw it.

Eric Reid is most certainly not "one of the best safeties in the league"

7 minutes ago, osiruz said:

I doubt it has anything to do with the lawsuit. He isn't going to be back because there's no team willing to sign him. He did state he would have taken a one year deal with the 49ers worth $5.6M. The Niners refused. The Bengals also refused to offer him a deal.

considering he is 26 and is one of the top 5 players at his position, the only logical conclusion is that he is being black balled for his activism similar to Kaep.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23383012/eric-reid-former-san-francisco-49ers-safety-files-collusion-grievance-nfl

"Top 5 at his position"?

WUT. 

4 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

Eric Reid is most certainly not "one of the best safeties in the league"

"Top 5 at his position"?

WUT. 

Dude made the probowl as a rookie. So yeah he's one of the top players at fs before he was moved to SS by shanny.

Just now, osiruz said:

Dude was all pro as a rookie. So yeah he's one of the top players at fs before he was moved to SS by shanny.

No he wasnt, he was a Pro Bowler. 5 years ago. On a defense filled with talent. 

He isnt "one of the top players." He may have been a possible upgrade and may be the sort of second contract player teams like to take shots on, but by no means was Eric Reid anywhere near "one of the top" safeties in the league, let alone a Top 5 player. 

1 minute ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

No he wasnt, he was a Pro Bowler. 5 years ago. On a defense filled with talent. 

He isnt "one of the top players." He may have been a possible upgrade and may be the sort of second contract player teams like to take shots on, but by no means was Eric Reid anywhere near "one of the top" safeties in the league, let alone a Top 5 player. 

*Probowler, you don't make the pro bowl unless you are a top 5 player at your position. And he also was probably the best player on that defense FYI. I watched the niners those years. He raised their level of play.

Byrdman242424 likes this

Just now, Malachore said:

Except he did sign, with the best team in the division. 

Keep in mind, this thread was started this morning well before the signing and I believe the title was something like "Whats wrong with DQ."  He literally just signed with the Panties a few min ago, hence some of the posts from before that which referenced him being unsigned.

Osiruz and Malachore like this

3 hours ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Why would you not pursue Eric Reid? 5 year vet and one of the best safeties in the league. It's painfully obvious that this ATL D cannot and won't stop any team from scoring at will. Pay the man

:lol: at one of the best safeties in the league. He is nowhere close to an elite safety. 

Just now, Clark said:

Keep in mind, this thread was started this morning well before the signing and I believe the title was something like "Whats wrong with DQ."  He literally just signed with the Panties a few min ago, hence some of the posts from before that which referenced him being unsigned.

Ah didn't realize, got the update on mobile and jumped in here. Thanks for the clarification.

Clark likes this

3 minutes ago, osiruz said:

*Probowler, you don't make the pro bowl unless you are a top 5 player at your position. ...

That's just not true, pro bowl is a popularity contest. Players that don't deserve it make it onto the squad all the time.

And, if he's so dang good, why hasn't he made a pro bowl since his rookie year?

6 minutes ago, osiruz said:

*Probowler, you don't make the pro bowl unless you are a top 5 player at your position. And he also was probably the best player on that defense FYI. I watched the niners those years. He raised their level of play.

Thomas Decoud

The Great American likes this

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

That's just not true, pro bowl is a popularity contest. Players that don't deserve it make it onto the squad all the time.

And, if he's so dang good, why hasn't he made a pro bowl since his rookie year?

So your saying he was a terrible FS? Yeah I am sure 4 interceptions, 2 Forced fumbles, and the 12 passes defensed just succs! Yeah let's stay away from that and start Jordan freaking Richards.