Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anygivensunday11

Panthers sign Eric Reid

271 posts in this topic

I don't think that's really his decision.  I'm sure as a head coach,  he'd want to go after every available player that would be an upgrade. 

5 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Why would you not pursue Eric Reid? 5 year vet and one of the best safeties in the league. It's painfully obvious that this ATL D cannot and won't stop any team from scoring at will. Pay the man

Something about Reid suing the league for collusion as to why he isn't signed.

It’s simple for people to sit behind a keyboard and type these things, but he’s more than earned our trust on this. You have no idea what’s going on behind the scene, neither do i or anybody else for that matter. Quinn gave you guys an answer and you didn’t like it. This team doesn’t need a 1 year rental taking experience and CAP from our young players.  It amazes me how you guys think signing reid is so simple or trading for earl is so simple. I loved the answer Quinn gave “ what we’re not going to do is bring in a high profile star” do you know what that says to a team ?? It tells them I believe in you guys. Gives them confidence that they never had before 

People seem to forget we are still trying to extend Grady.. how much cap are you willing to use up abd risk him walking? Eric Reids arent cheap signings. I swear some of you have zero sense of the salary cap. 

Remember they wiped 4m off jakes 1st yr to help clear some cap space to get Rico and Grady signed. The team is gonna Have to roll with what we have so we can retain the heart of the Dline

No.11, caponine, octoslash and 5 others like this

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

People seem to forget we are still trying to extend Grady.. how much cap are you willing to use up abd risk him walking? Eric Reids arent cheap signings. I swear some of you have zero sense of the salary cap. 

Remember they wiped 4m off jakes 1st yr to help clear some cap space to get Rico and Grady signed. The team is gonna Have to roll with what we have so we can retain the heart of the Dline

It's the Madden mentality, everything is as easy as pressing a button on a controller and presto you have a probowler on your roster so some think. Most casual fans have no concept of what the impact to the long term well being of the team stuff like that causes.

46 minutes ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Why would you not pursue Eric Reid? 5 year vet and one of the best safeties in the league. It's painfully obvious that this ATL D cannot and won't stop any team from scoring at will. Pay the man

Same reason he remains unsigned...:

Yeah, I thought signing his was a good move, but I think you guys are right.  Not a smart move and there are other things to consider.  I trust Quinn and TD on this.  He would be nice to have, but no way we go after him with all the associated baggage.

Quinn is in love with Kazee at the moment - Kazee and Reid are both Free Safeties by physical makeup and skills.  Richards (like Neal) is more a strong safety.

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

And there’s the problem heading into next year.

If this season hasn’t shown the front office that they don’t have enough on the dline they are in SERIOUS trouble.

Unless they go dline with their 1st 3 picks in the draft they will have to bring in FAs and they can’t go bargain basement shopping again.  Same approach same result.

So they need to bring in 2 mid level guys for both the DT and DE spot and that won’t be backbreaking expensive it won’t be cheap either.

And oh yeah Julio is going to want an extension .

There are going to be tough decisions this offseason. Sanu, Levitre, Reed, and Alford could all be off the team.

SkerFalcon8710 and PokerSteve like this

5 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And there’s the problem heading into next year.

If this season hasn’t shown the front office that they don’t have enough on the dline they are in SERIOUS trouble.

Unless they go dline with their 1st 3 picks in the draft they will have to bring in FAs and they can’t go bargain basement shopping again.  Same approach same result.

So they need to bring in 2 mid level guys for both the DT and DE spot and that won’t be backbreaking expensive it won’t be cheap either.

And oh yeah Julio is going to want an extension .

There are going to be tough decisions this offseason. Sanu, Levitre, Reed, and Alford could all be off the team.

Levitre and reed are 99% outta here in my book. Sanu may be asked to take a cut with ridley emerging. 

I doubt they will cut alford though and I would not be surprised to see the first 3 picks next year go DE, DE, DT followed by  Oline, LB, S

A-TowN.- and PokerSteve like this

2 hours ago, anygivensunday11 said:

Because he is being blackballed by the league for taking a knee, and we are a military based team and DQ is huge on supporting it. That's the real truth they won't say. Honestly I feel ashamed how the NFL treats the Kaepernick movement.

mar31985 and Stryka like this

1 minute ago, osiruz said:

Because he is being blackballed by the league for taking a knee, and we are a military based team and DQ is huge on supporting it. That's the real truth they won't say. Honestly I feel ashamed how the NFL treats the Kaepernick movement.

That is not the problem. It has everything to do with lawsuit. Knee thing is history. Sooner Eric Reid and NFL settle, he can get back on field.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

That is not the problem. It has everything to do with lawsuit. Knee thing is history. Sooner Eric Reid and NFL settle, he can get back on field.

I doubt it has anything to do with the lawsuit. He isn't going to be back because there's no team willing to sign him. He did state he would have taken a one year deal with the 49ers worth $5.6M. The Niners refused. The Bengals also refused to offer him a deal.

Reid has since continued his protests during the anthem. He tweeted at the beginning of the offseason that he wasn't receiving interest from teams because of his actions during the anthem, but multiple executives, including Niners GM John Lynch, have cited a "slow" market at safety.

considering he is 26 and is one of the top 5 players at his position, the only logical conclusion is that he is being black balled for his activism similar to Kaep.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23383012/eric-reid-former-san-francisco-49ers-safety-files-collusion-grievance-nfl

blizzard_falcon likes this