Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unknøwn

Braves at Mets

112 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves will go Folty, Sanchez, Gausman this weekend in Philly. That pretty much lines up Folty to be the Game 1 starter. Snitker said they still could change it based on the opponent. Sanchez and Gausman will get Games 2 & 3 but we don't know what order yet. 

I like Sanchez getting game 2 between Gausman and Folty because he would provide a nice change of pace between the two hard throwers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

It's rookie dress up day

 

All I want for Christmas is another Braves Championship. Being a husband and Father I don’t get much anyway. I’d take that with a smile as I replay the victory. 

TheTrue7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Teheran set a franchise record last night. He allowed a .196 average this year, that's the lowest in Braves history. He beat Maddux by 1 point. Greg allowed .197 in 1995.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Braves are now tied with Colorado for the #2 seed. Winner of the #2 gets homefield in the NLDS. 

Anibal Sanchez said yesterday that he isn't sure if he wants to pitch or coach in 2019. I'd take him as a coach in the system right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2018 at 10:35 PM, Falconsfan567 said:

So confidence, or maybe a lack of confidence pitching at home couldn't possibly be the issue? It's just pure randomness? Guess Julio always stinking up the joint at Dodger Stadium is pure randomness too?

He's only had 4 career starts at Dodger Stadium, so... yeah, probably random noise. That and the Dodgers are usually good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Anibal Sanchez said yesterday that he isn't sure if he wants to pitch or coach in 2019. I'd take him as a coach in the system right now.

If he wants to come back, I'd bring him back in a heartbeat. If he wants to be a roving pitching instructor to get his feet wet, the Braves should take him up on it.

jidady and Falconsfan567 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Teheran set a franchise record last night. He allowed a .196 average this year, that's the lowest in Braves history. He beat Maddux by 1 point. Greg allowed .197 in 1995.

That is what made all the walks so frustrating. The only Atlanta Braves pitcher ever with more walks in a season than Julio was Russ Ortiz the year Ortiz walked 112.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, K26dp said:

He's only had 4 career starts at Dodger Stadium, so... yeah, probably random noise. That and the Dodgers are usually good.

So nothing to do with him coming out and saying that he can't feel and grip the ball pitching there? If he can't feel and grip the ball there then why would I want to send him out there? The results prove that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves are now tied with Colorado for the #2 seed. Winner of the #2 gets homefield in the NLDS. 

Anibal Sanchez said yesterday that he isn't sure if he wants to pitch or coach in 2019. I'd take him as a coach in the system right now.

I'd take him back as a player or a coach right now and not think twice!! He's had such a positive influence on the pitching staff this year, particularly Julio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites