Unkn0wn

Braves at Mets

112 posts in this topic

I'm sorry, Dan Winkler helped get the Braves to the playoffs and he deserves to be recognized for that but he can't be on the postseason roster pitching the way he is right now. His spot has to go to Chad Sobatka if I'm in charge. Sadly I'm not.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Lol!!! Braves magic!! Just get it to the 7th inning close and we've got a shot!!

I just hope they can continue to do this against our playoff opponents bullpens. If they actually can that would be huge.

I know its just the Mets but the Braves are playing loose as **** with a lot of confidence, for a young team think they will need this if they advance in the playoffs

Drew4719 likes this

90 wins was a major overachievement coming into this season, well, looks like we're about to accomplish this surprising feat now. 

21 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

I know its just the Mets but the Braves are playing loose as **** with a lot of confidence, for a young team think they will need this if they advance in the playoffs

Braves are streaky!! LOL!

• Aug 12-Aug 15 = 5 Straight Wins
  • Aug 16-Aug 19 = 4 Straight Losses
  • Aug 20-Aug 23 = 4 Straight Wins
  • Sep 8-Sep 14 = 6 Straight Wins
  • Sep 15-Sep 18 = 4 Straight Losses
  • Sep 19-Sep 24 = 6 Straight Wins

I know it doesn't work like that but that's winning streaks of 9 and 12 games if you take out the 4-game losing streaks. LOL!

Drew4719 likes this

Wow!! Boog Sciambi just dropped a amazing bomb there!! Prior to the Dodgers current run of playoff appearances, they had never made the playoffs more than 2 years in a row in franchise history. Downright amazing!!

Snitker said Touki is in the conversation to start or relieve in the NLDS. Snitker also said Sobotka will audition for a setup role in the playoffs this week.

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm sorry, Dan Winkler helped get the Braves to the playoffs and he deserves to be recognized for that but he can't be on the postseason roster pitching the way he is right now. His spot has to go to Chad Sobatka if I'm in charge. Sadly I'm not.

This is how I'd go right now if the opponent is LA.

SP Foltynewicz
SP Sanchez
SP Gausman
SP Teheran

RHRP Vizcaino
RHRP Brach
RHRP Sobotka
LHRP Minter
LHRP Biddle
LHRP Newcomb
LHRP Freeman
LHRP Venters

2 hours ago, K26dp said:

This is how I'd go right now if the opponent is LA.

SP Foltynewicz
SP Sanchez
SP Gausman
SP Teheran

RHRP Vizcaino
RHRP Brach
RHRP Sobotka
LHRP Minter
LHRP Biddle
LHRP Newcomb
LHRP Freeman
LHRP Venters

I still think game 4 starter should be determined by if it's home or not. Newcomb's last 4 road starts have been great. Julio's track record against the Dodgers isn't great, but if it's home, well, you gotta go with Julio.

Touki's walks are concerning to me with regards to if he should start a game or not. Like last night, Touki pitched great except for the walks. Not the first time that's happened with him.

13 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I still think game 4 starter should be determined by if it's home or not. Newcomb's last 4 road starts have been great. Julio's track record against the Dodgers isn't great, but if it's home, well, you gotta go with Julio.

Touki's walks are concerning to me with regards to if he should start a game or not. Like last night, Touki pitched great except for the walks. Not the first time that's happened with him.

I don't buy home/road splits all that much.

I do buy LA's vulnerability to LH pitching however, which is what makes me want to roster Newcomb, start or no start.