Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
⚡Slumerican⚡

Long term implications of serious team injuries

22 posts in this topic

With Neal suffering a acl injury and surgical reconstruction and now Allen looking at repairing a tore Achilles does this change our outlook on these players.. Not to mention Freemans plethora of head and knee injuries.. And still not knowing D Jones exact foot I jury, these were key guys and building blocks of our team. How much does these injuries effect the value of these players going forward? 

I'm all for ditching Free at this point, I just don't see the value in him as a long term solution at RB.. I'm a huge Neal fan but Neal already had a bad mcl sprain in 2016 that side lined him 2 games and two knee injuries that cost him a few games during his college career.. 

Allen also will get his Achilles repaired and go through rehibilitation the rest of this season.. But are these injuries something we can hang onto or are we looking at a rebuild of defense? Just curious of the options going into the draft and camp for next season 

It's bad, not everyone injured will come back and be the player they were before. With almost half our defense out some of these young starters are going to need to be replaced as they might no longer be long term options. Also this off season we are probably going to lose some Offneisve talent and now will be ever more hamstrung in retaining offensive talent now that we have to rebuild our defense.

This is the worst possible way this season could have gone and the injury issues probably aren't over as it's only been 3 games.

In short it's foolish to expect all these injured guys to come back and be the players they were before, most people think it is automatic. Bascially we're ****** long term and it's going to suck watching this team for a long time.

I see the same scenario, Kneal is one of my favorite players.. But his long history of knee injuries will catch up to him and Allen just dosnt have the physical build imo to play his position. I just hope we don't continue trying to patch things up on defense.. We need a complete rebuild starting at the Dline.. I'm all for less O talent if we can have a respectable pass rush.. I love the Falcons but watching the Bears defense so far this year is far more exciting than our offense.. I'm just a defensive first fan I guess 

26 minutes ago, rowdy_84 said:

With all the breakthroughs in ACL reconstruction Neal will be close to the same player. Achilles on the other hand have ended careers.

Thing that worries me is Neal's long history of knee injuries beginning with his college career.. Several mcl and acl sprains and now this.. But I'm Neal's biggest fan so hope he's a Falcon for a long time as long as he's healthy 

ACL doesn’t concern me much, Achilles on the other hand is usually a 2 year thing before you’re 100%, even for the little guys. They usually come back after a year because the achilles is structurally sound, but it takes longer to fully return to form 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I see the same scenario, Kneal is one of my favorite players.. But his long history of knee injuries will catch up to him and Allen just dosnt have the physical build imo to play his position. I just hope we don't continue trying to patch things up on defense.. We need a complete rebuild starting at the Dline.. I'm all for less O talent if we can have a respectable pass rush.. I love the Falcons but watching the Bears defense so far this year is far more exciting than our offense.. I'm just a defensive first fan I guess 

I would love to see the falcons really build a good Dline and oline.  The good Dline makes the rest of your defense look better and I think Matt could do fine with a great oline and some young good play makers that get open and catch vs with a big contract Julio. Plus the better oline opens up the run game too. I would rather see us put more money into the lines  and defense than a high dollar shiny piece.

vitaman and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

1 hour ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

I would love to see the falcons really build a good Dline and oline.  The good Dline makes the rest of your defense look better and I think Matt could do fine with a great oline and some young good play makers that get open and catch vs with a big contract Julio. Plus the better oline opens up the run game too. I would rather see us put more money into the lines  and defense than a high dollar shiny piece.

We can only dream.. I honestly hope we address our Dline next draft, we have a decent Oline atm, but one of the worst Dlines 

1 hour ago, Lowndesfalc said:

One thing I have noticed about achilles is the smaller frame guys seem to do better with it. Grimes came right back and Rico and Grimes are a similar build. 

Yeah Grimes played well after coming back from injury.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

I think clear heads win the day. I don’t see any reason to panic.Sure alot of these injuries can’t be planned for but the coaches still have to believe they can roll out a competitive units in all 3 phases.

I still think we have enough talent to be very competitive.

15 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think clear heads win the day. I don’t see any reason to panic.Sure alot of these injuries can’t be planned for but the coaches still have to believe they can roll out a competitive units in all 3 phases.

I still think we have enough talent to be very competitive.

How do you feel about the players coming back from some of these injuries? Do you see them effecting Neal or Allen's game? 

A acl injury isn't near the death blow it used to be especially if it's just the acl.

I'm not to worried about it unless I hear they tore there acl..mcl... **** just destroyed everything ... Other then that I'm not to worried.. they just need to rehab and get back healthy

DT is deep in this years draft, we need to get one of those guys since y’all wanna build the d-line. And everything you stated are valid concerns. It sucks we have to lose so many talented players for most or all of the year. Pretty much wastes a year in a players career. At this point all we can do is hope for the best and hope that we don’t suffer any more significant injuries. 

57 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

How do you feel about the players coming back from some of these injuries? Do you see them effecting Neal or Allen's game? 

Hard to say I guess it's different for each player.

Julio seem to bounce back pretty well.

Not saying that the same will happen for the mentioned so I don't know.

I guess in Neals case being the younger of the 2 I'd give him the best chance to recover the better.

Neal will be fine. He’s still only like 22 years old and has his prime years ahead of him. The thing about his injury is that it’s one less year of him making all those devastating hits. 

Good for Neal’s body and longevity but bad for my enjoyment on sundays.... Watching Neal patrol the field like a silent assassin was one of my favorite parts about game day. 

I think Neal will be more than capable of coming back from an ACL. The ACL is no longer a career ending injury anymore.

I would be so game for trading freeman to Seattle for Earl Thomas though... 

If there's any chance of playoffs it's on Matt Ryan's shoulders. He has to have that same Shanahan year-2 type of year and the DLine under Grady Jarrett + Beasley + Takk will have to make up for all that lost talent. I am still hopeful about this year, but I am just shifting my performance expectations onto the offense.

We still have Alex Mack, we still have a great Defensive minded coach and we have our Dline starters. We almost won that game against the Saints; think if Poole hadn't blocked Alford's tackle on Brees? Alford would have laid him out straight up. The offense showed good signs this last game. I think we need to win a few road games now, but we'll see what happens. We only have 1 team to beat each week after all, maybe we get lucky.

8 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Why the **** is the guy playing Marvels FALCON wearing a ******* Saints jersey?

Nevermind he’s from NO. Glad that ****  head died in Infinity War.

On a separate note, I met the guy, and he is SHORT!

Godzilla1985 likes this