Absolute

Quinn says we're good with what we have...

143 posts in this topic

Yall really thought they were gonna trade for thomas or sign reid ?? I didnt even entertain that idea even though the whole fanbase was obsessed with it . I dont usually agree with Quinn but i like his decision here to stay in house and develop young players

Edited by caponine

well if we constantly have a garbage defense in the next few weeks what are you going to do then Quinn? We have a chance to get Earl (not saying we would) or bring in Reid but you want to stick with the mediocre backups outside of Kazee. Ok then. 

can't give up the future for a rental. Not 3 weeks into the season. Kazee is a very good player and Ish can fill the middle. If either of those guys goes down we are f*&^ed. But I think we can be serviceable once Takk comes back and most importantly Deon Jones. Just need to get those two guys back and we will be gravy. 

caponine and Emmitt like this

ok coach.... I get the Earl Thomas part.... Neal and Rico are your future so that never made sense.. Plus Kazee can play FS... He shined  in the preseason... We are talking about the SS position tho.

He kept stressing the FS position... I knew Kazee is the guy.. what about the SS.

But ok.. In coach i trust

Ergo Proxy and Da_Truth like this

I just don't understand saying at press conference that they would maybe look to outside organizations but then say "we'll just stick with what we have" today.  He knows what those guys can do...we saw Richards and he was terrible. I didn't think we could pull off a trade anyway but just to stay the course seems a bit odd since he actually needs to fill the position on the roster.

FalconBlood likes this

Put Poole at SS

Put Kazee at FS

Trufant, Alford, Oliver CBs

LB Campbell, Riley, Oluokun

DE McKinley, Beasley, Reed, Shelby

DT Jarrett, Senat, McClain, Crawford, Zimmer

Makes me sad, but maybe they can hold defenses below 30pts until Jones comes back.

This decision is essentially writing off the season, or, at the very least, writing off this season's defense.  I don't blame them, though.  Both of those guys will want real money, and we have to save up for Julio.  Plus, they know as well as anyone their chances of appearing in the SB the year they host it is virtually nil (especially now).

jrydun likes this

2 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Put Poole at SS

Put Kazee at FS

Makes me sad, but maybe they can hold defenses below 30pts until Jones comes back.

I'm not sure they CAN hold a defense below 30, much less an offense. 

1 minute ago, FalconBlood said:

Put Poole at SS

Put Kazee at FS

Sadly, that probably is the only option. Offense better be back to 16 form and then some. 

3 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Put Poole at SS

Put Kazee at FS

Would rather play Ish over Riley

5 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Put Poole at SS

Put Kazee at FS

DE McKinley, Beasley, Reed, Shelby, Means

Makes me sad, but maybe they can hold offenses below 30pts until Jones comes back.

Fixed that for you, and undecided on SS...Ish can slim down a little for all I care and play SS when we need run support. When we need coverage can go to Richards. It would be nice if Oliver came along and Poole could be flexed to SS, tho.

Edited by Ergo Proxy