Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JG2008

Is anyone really that “shocked” we lost this game ?

24 posts in this topic

Despite the euphoria from the Carolina win this team has a long history of losing games they should win. If you have been a fan for more than 10 years you know what I am talking about and especially the 25 year to 50+ year fans you have seen it all

I’m not shocked no. But not for the cheap *** analysis you just gave. You shouldn’t really expect to not have issues with 3 of your main foundation on defense out and young guns getting their reps against a guy like Drew Brees. So that’s why I’m not shocked. I knew this was a likely outcome. 

raysnill1 and TNFalcon1 like this

I’m actually surprised it was close enough to go to OT as I had zero faith that Sark could call two good games in a row. Looks like the offense is clicking finally but the defense is a dumpster fire from coaching to execution. How we never schemed or adjusted to kamara getting the ball in space or Thomas being moved around to take advantage of mismatches is bush league.

celtiksage likes this

Ya know, my brother in law shot me a text saying "we got this in the bag" once Atlanta went up 37-30. I told him there was wayyyyy too much time left on the clock for Brees and that weak **** before the half was gonna come back to bite the Falcons in the ***. Said all day yesterday you do not want to get into a shoot out with the Saints. I don't give a **** how much **** yall talk about them, they want all that smoke. Atlanta showed some major weaknesses on defense yesterday and that will continue to be exploited until the coaching turns around and they get some players that aren't light in the ***. **** Ben Watson is 50 years old and had 2 players on his back and flung forward for an extra yard or 2. I understand the whole fast and physical want on defense but where is the physical outside of 3 players on the defensive line? Time to get away from that and get some real players on defense or this team will continue to be *** cheeks on defense

celtiksage likes this

I don't get why anyone thinks we should have won it.  We have almost no playmakers on defense.  Period. 

And with the sorry tackling and coaching we saw for almost four hours yesterday,  I'm kind of grateful we didn't lose it by three touchdowns. 

Lets just say I went to sleep before the game (different timezone) thinking that I would be pleasantly surprised if we won.

Was surprised that we got so close.

Didn’t expect 3tds by Ridley and 5 overall by Ryan.

Then to get the ball back with 1:30 left and NOT be able to put 3 on the board.

So it really wasn’t the last one with the ball.

It pisses me off that when the Saints D needed to make a stop they did but when the Falcons needed to make a stop....

The last 2 years showed us its this type of shot that shows back up at the worst time... usually the end of post season games.

Fast and physical?  What about mentally tough and situational football?

2 hours ago, JG2008 said:

Despite the euphoria from the Carolina win this team has a long history of losing games they should win. If you have been a fan for more than 10 years you know what I am talking about and especially the 25 year to 50+ year fans you have seen it all

No I am highly shocked we lost this game we put up 37 points that's a game you should win those sissy Little Miss tackles we're playing at home against a divisional rival and we literally show no balls whatsoever the defense at least and our gutless spineless coach maybe I should have been shot that we lost but I am shocked that we lost going by the amount of points that we put up we should have won

30 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Didn’t expect 3tds by Ridley and 5 overall by Ryan.

Then to get the ball back with 1:30 left and NOT be able to put 3 on the board.

So it really wasn’t the last one with the ball.

It pisses me off that when the Saints D needed to make a stop they did but when the Falcons needed to make a stop....

The last 2 years showed us its this type of shot that shows back up at the worst time... usually the end of post season games.

Fast and physical?  What about mentally tough and situational football?

I'm guessing your sig is a joke or you haven't updated

17 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

I'm guessing your sig is a joke or you haven't updated

Haven't updated it.  Been on phone only the last week.

I'll change it later

Not surprise at all. Of course anything can and does happen in a football game. After all it is a game not life or death. I have been a Falcon fan from day one and have seen it all. The good and the bad and I'm still here because I realize it's just a game. I enjoy it from that perspective. And yes I hate to see us loose to our biggest rivals but it happens. Move on and just enjoy the game. 

As a Saints fan, I normally take great pleasure in Falcons defeats.  This was an epic game in a epic series that pretty much gets no national love.  I understand the Saints won in OT, however I feel that it shouldn't have taken OT given that at least 3 of your starters were out.  Once you get your players back, your team should be alright.  Our D woes are a little more difficult to fix.  I don't know what scheme Dennis Allen was calling but Ridley had a field day.  Our DBs were not even in the same picture as your WRs and it was frustrating.  With that being said, I hope we beat y'all by 3 touchdowns in the Dome, but I'm sure it will be a barn burner just like this last match up.  Later.

It's sad, but if we had even 2 of the 3 key starters (Neal, Debo, Takk), this game would not have even been close.

Healthy, we are two touchdowns better than the team that just beat us.

Is anyone really that “shocked” we lost this game to the Bengals???

this team has a long history of losing games they should win. If you have been a fan for more than 10 years you know what I am talking about and especially the 25 year to 50+ year fans you have seen it all

On 9/24/2018 at 6:36 AM, JG2008 said:

No!  Next question