POLL-What was the Biggest Event Leading to Our Loss of this Game?

What was the Biggest Event Leading to Our Loss of this Game?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What was the Biggest Event Leading to Our Loss of this Game?

• The Opening Drive by the Saints
    • Allowing Saints to get FG before Halftime
    • The Blocked Punt leading to Saints TD
    • Brees sneaking by our defense for a Q4 Rushing TD
    • The Saints winning the Overtime Coin Toss
    • A 3rd Down Borderline call for the Saints in OT
    • Ricardo Allen's Injury in OT
    • Other Event-please name

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Off season 

Injuries hurting us more.

How do you plan on being able to handle losing 4 starters in 3 weeks on 1 side of the ball? 5 key players? 

And not just anyone; Best 2nd level...best midfielder slightly deep than that and your best outside rusher?

That’s like saying losing Ryan and Julio IN ADDITION to Free can be overcome easily if only the offseason was better???

We need time to get this defense right with DEVASTATING losses.

my event was the lack of an event....NO EFFIN PASS RUSH!!! Takk seems to be the only one that can just flat out beat his man!! and i'm sorry, as much as i like Grady, he aint no where close to Aaron Donald!! we just dont have those kinda difference makers!!! every time NO needed pressure at critical times during the game they got it. :bang:

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Injuries hurting us mor Z

How do you plan on being able to handle losing 4 starters in 3 weeks on 1 side of the ball? 5 key players? 

And not just anyone; Best 2nd level...best midfielder slightly deep than that and your best outside rusher?

That’s like saying losing Ryan and Julio IN ADDITION to Free can be overcome easily if only the offseason was better???

Stop signing and drafting garbage to protect the cap.

Brees “sneaking” by our defense for a Q4 Rushing TD

i think you you didn’t state this accurately...  Brees did not “sneak” by the Defense. That would be the case if he faked everyone out and just strolled in without any defenders in sight

no.... Brees was cornered and confronted by 2 Falcons defenders yards from the goal line and both defenders comically blew the tackle and Brees probably laughed his A-ss off in disbelief and amazement as he scored the TD 

Brees is not the elusive Michael Vick running QB or Big A-ss hard to bring down Cam Newton — c’mon DQ this was embarrassing!

Edited by JG2008
3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

We draft to sustain. We are in position due to injuries more than anything else right now.

I disagree Ergo....that old saying...next man up doesn't apply to this team...you know why??? Because we have players that are starting that should be backups...so what does that say about our backups? While a lot of people had their pitchforks out about Julio's money...a lot of us was talking about the different tiers of players...and the lack of depth..we have roster depth but no quality depth ...

6 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Injuries hurting us mor Z

Definitely understandable, but even with those injuries, we had opportunities to make plays on D to win the game. Many of the missed tackles and penalties were on veteran starters. Had they not whiffed on numerous plays, we win. So many times they were in position to make a play for minimal to no gain and just whiffed. No excuse in that. 

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

A poor performance by the defense is the reason we lost.  However, if I had to pin it down to one play, I would cite the blocked punt deep in our territory.  

The Saints had three straight 75+ yard TD drives after that blocked punt so it's kind of hard for me to pin the loss on that play.

But if there was one play that just hit me in my gut and told me this one was definitely going to be an L, it was Poole blowing that tackle on Brees.  Even though the game was only tied and the Falcons got the ball with time and a chance, I just knew it wasn't the Falcons day after that.

The offense getting conservative before halftime which led to a N.O. fg.

I've been seeing too much of this conservative playcalling which ends up biting us in the *** at some point in the game. Stay Aggressive! especially on offense.. don't leave the outcome of the game in the hands of your defense!

3 minutes ago, E. T. said:

The offense getting conservative before halftime which led to a N.O. fg.

I've been seeing too much of this conservative playcalling which ends up biting us in the *** at some point in the game. Stay Aggressive! especially on offense.. don't leave the outcome of the game in the hands of your defense!

Oh, I just about threw up. I get so sick when I see this coaching staff go into prevent mode. This is when they should go for the knockout punch. Go down fighting instead of trying to keep the other kids from playing with your toys.