POLL-What was the Biggest Event Leading to Our Loss of this Game?

What was the Biggest Event Leading to Our Loss of this Game?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. What was the Biggest Event Leading to Our Loss of this Game?

• The Opening Drive by the Saints
    • Allowing Saints to get FG before Halftime
    • The Blocked Punt leading to Saints TD
    • Brees sneaking by our defense for a Q4 Rushing TD
    • The Saints winning the Overtime Coin Toss
    • A 3rd Down Borderline call for the Saints in OT
    • Ricardo Allen's Injury in OT
    • Other Event-please name

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, it's allowing the FG before the half. Mainly because we had control of the situation, or at least the most control out of all the scenarios. The blocked punt, that was bad blocking but also a good play from the Saints special teams. The FG though, was us being completely dumb. That led to all the other dumb stuff the defense/special teams allowed. 

1:19 to get an Atlanta field goal should not be asking too much for this offense.  Atlanta had the opportunity to win it in regulation and went 3 and out. You don't win battles like this by not getting that done. If the roles were reversed the Saints would have gotten a field goal in regulation and won. Thats the reason.

Edited by sounds7

Just watching game now...

Poole needless roughing passer on a screen in 2Q.

It negated a 3 yard TFL by Kazee on the play and extended their drive; which ended in a FG.

In a close game we gave them 3 there which is worse than the way we ended the half itself. There is a difference between not executing and just hurting yourself with a dumb and needless penalty negating your own good plays.

Disappointed way our 4Q drive ended, should have blocked the blitzed Coleman.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The blocked up that set up an easy Saints TD changed the entire momentum of the game. Falcons defense was actually holding their own at the time and I don't think the defense got another stop the rest of the game after that happened.

And if they don't block that punt we win in regulation and get the TD. Special teams fail. Not to mention Bosher seems to come close to getting blocked a lot. He seems to have no awareness of the rush. No matter what happens he takes his time and goes through the same motions. He never looks up. 

2 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Other.

Failing to get into FG range on the final drive of Q4

11 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Other.

Failing to get into FG range on the final drive of the 4th quarter! 
If we had done that, we most likely would have won the game.....in regulation!!! 

Then, when we didn't win the coin toss, I knew it was over, the way Breesus was slinging it --- 

If we don't allow the blocked punt and ensuing TD, we never need that FG. 

1 minute ago, fuego said:

If we don't allow the blocked punt and ensuing TD, we never need that FG. 

Yeah, a very unusual play....I wonder how long it's been since he's had a punt blocked --- and who whiffed on the block to allow it?  I guess I can answer those questions when I watch the replay tomorrow....if, I have the stomach for it! 

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

Yeah, a very unusual play....I wonder how long it's been since he's had a punt blocked --- and who whiffed on the block to allow it?  I guess I can answer those questions when I watch the replay tomorrow....if, I have the stomach for it! 

Foye was quoted saying he needed to play the angle better. Play was on him. Can only hope he learns. I think he will.

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

We can certainly agree that the defense was the side of the ball to blame for this loss, and things like missed tackles, poor coaching are long-term problems causing the team to fall short.  However, if one could point to the biggest single part of the game that led to this loss, what would it be?

Pools missed tackle on Drew Brees trying to go for the boneheaded big-hit instead of wrapping up the ball carrier taking them down such an idiot I guess that's what having too much muscle in your body can do for you and the lack of knowledge in the brain

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Foye was quoted saying he needed to play the angle better. Play was on him. Can only hope he learns. I think he will.

Thanks!  And yeah, I think he'll learn from it....seems like a pretty bright kid! 
Of course there were a few others who could learn a thing or two about angles --- referring to the play where Breesus meandered into the left side of the end zone, after being whiffed on by two of our defenders.....almost threw my remote through the TV ~  

7 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Thanks!  And yeah, I think he'll learn from it....seems like a pretty bright kid! 
Of course there were a few others who could learn a thing or two about angles --- referring to the play where Breesus meandered into the left side of the end zone, after being whiffed on by two of our defenders.....almost threw my remote through the TV ~  

That was all due to Poole. Alford did his job. Poole tackled Alford more than Brees.