falconsd56

So what now?

43 posts in this topic

With Rico going down...and it looks like it could be a season ended (hoping not but man that looked bad)

Who do we go after??

So we go after another linebacker??

We are talking about a loss when we should be celebrating a banner offensive day where our own HOFish qb had a career high in passing touchdowns and looked every bit the part from his MVP year and the emergence of a ROTY candidate at wr and the fact that our red zone offense is on fire right now. Yet we have to talk about missed tackles and blown coverages?

 

So what now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, athell said:

Just keep grindin.  All we can do.

Try to stay afloat til Debo gets back and pray we don't lose anyone further.

Bring in someone to replace Richards.  He is trash and not worthy of a roster spot.

Maybe Oliver pans out and we can role Kazee at FS and Poole at SS.

I had that very thought on Oliver.....the spent a second rounder when we had clear needs elsewhere on him...he needs to step up

athell and Flying Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They got to bring in a safety, but usually we bring in some UDFA off of another teams practice squad.

Richards and Riley together on a defense is an unwinnable combination. I got to think Tandy is better than him. 

red falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jeffro2000 said:

They got to bring in a safety, but usually we bring in some UDFA off of another teams practice squad.

Richards and Riley together on a defense is an unwinnable combination. I got to think Tandy is better than him. 

Riley actually seem to have a good game today....there were not many Bosnian issues with him and he seemed to be one of few guys to make solid contact and wrapping up when tackling

red falcon, Stryka and slick0ne like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Riley actually seem to have a good game today....there were not many Bosnian issues with him and he seemed to be one of few guys to make solid contact and wrapping up when tackling

Yeah, he made a jump this week. If he can make another jump we might have something worthwhile. I think Olo still gets in better position but, Olo had 3-4 missed tackles today he should've made.

Stryka and red falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

With Rico going down...and it looks like it could be a season ended (hoping not but man that looked bad)

Who do we go after??

So we go after another linebacker??

We are talking about a loss when we should be celebrating a banner offensive day where our own HOFish qb had a career high in passing touchdowns and looked every bit the part from his MVP year and the emergence of a ROTY candidate at wr and the fact that our red zone offense is on fire right now. Yet we have to talk about missed tackles and blown coverages?

 

So what now?

Top 5 draft pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The O.D.B said:

Yeah, he made a jump this week. If he can make another jump we might have something worthwhile. I think Olo still gets in better position but, Olo had 3-4 missed tackles today he should've made.

Every time Beasley went into coverage he was always 3 steps behind.. Idk if was miscommunication or what, but no reason or excuse for him to be so slow to drop into coverage when the man has already got yards on you

Flying Falcon and Stryka like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Every time Beasley went into coverage he was always 3 steps behind.. Idk if was miscommunication or what, but no reason or excuse for him to be so slow to drop into coverage when the man has already got yards on you

I'm confused, Beasley, Riley or Olo was 3 steps behind?

I know Riley was on 2 plays from memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The O.D.B said:

I'm confused, Beasley, Riley or Olo was 3 steps behind?

I know Riley was on 2 plays from memory.

In the second half it was Beasley.. Watch him when he was in coverage.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The defense is f’ed.

No pressure combined with not being able to line up is a bad combination.

Taking a corner when there was a clear need on the dline.....

Another example of the front office getting cute again.   Solid depth with an experienced vet?  Nah let’s cut him and trade for a guy the Pats are about to put on their practice squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the fundamentals. Sark has turned the corner in the NFL and seems to know how to attack teams. Even if it isnt rhe most balanced attack its working. 34 ppg last 2 weeks. 8-8 in redzone as well. 

Quinn and Manuel need to sit down and talk about how the defense needs to adapt some. We obviously need more pressure but we also need to do something about teams dinking and dunking us to death. They also need to simplify things more for the young guys. We are wayyy too young on D. Even the vets are 4 or 5 yr guys. We need a quality veteran presence at various levels on D. 

Now.....we need to address quality and depth on DL and at S. Tackling will be a big point of emphasis but lining up for christ sakes should be as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

With Rico going down...and it looks like it could be a season ended (hoping not but man that looked bad)

Who do we go after??

So we go after another linebacker??

We are talking about a loss when we should be celebrating a banner offensive day where our own HOFish qb had a career high in passing touchdowns and looked every bit the part from his MVP year and the emergence of a ROTY candidate at wr and the fact that our red zone offense is on fire right now. Yet we have to talk about missed tackles and blown coverages?

 

So what now?

DQ is not going to do anything to address this situation. He is the most ignorant sounded and silent minded fool of a coach I've ever seen!!! I'll now always say this guy is mike smith 2.0 

I've lost so much respect for DQ lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, socalriseup said:

Letting go off laroy Reynolds and Neasman hurts now

Why? Laroy was nothing more than a ST player and Neasman wasnt even good at that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Every time Beasley went into coverage he was always 3 steps behind.. Idk if was miscommunication or what, but no reason or excuse for him to be so slow to drop into coverage when the man has already got yards on you

the fact that Beasley is in covered so much is the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The league is weird this year.

The Lions and Bills were the two worst teams in the NFL last week. Yesterday they both blew out two of the top teams in the NFL. 

Who knows how things are gonna shake out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Atownbrave said:

DQ is not going to do anything to address this situation. He is the most ignorant sounded and silent minded fool of a coach I've ever seen!!! I'll now always say this guy is mike smith 2.0 

I've lost so much respect for DQ lately

Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

I had that very thought on Oliver.....the spent a second rounder when we had clear needs elsewhere on him...he needs to step up

Oh no. This board loses its pewp if we don't draft BPA. This is what happens when you draft BPA. It leaves you thin at other areas. DOLt loves to say BPA is the way a winner drafts. So here we are, BPA players drafted, yet we still cant field 3 real LBs or a pass rusher who knows what a QB even looks like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now