Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Falcon Jedi Knight

Calvin Ridley is the next Antonio Brown

69 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Saints are already comparing Michael Thomas to be a better Julio Jones

Mike's in his third year of football, breaking records the whole way. Ridley has played 3 games. Not the same.

5 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

Mike's in his third year of football, breaking records the whole way. Ridley has played 3 games. Not the same.

Your mates over on SR were rating him above Julio... No wait ... it was one of your players who put his "7 Best Players in the NFC South" list out. And he put Michael Thomas ahead of Julio. And thats fine its just a random biased list from your Saints player.

Schwarzwald likes this

1 hour ago, saints4life25 said:

I'm not gonna say they definitely did leave him 1 on 1, cause coaches film isn't available yet, but I'm pretty sure Lattimore was 1 on 1 with him 3rd quarter on. 

Literally give us a few plays yesterday and the game isn't close lol. I mean, both sides can play that. It was a **** good game that you don't like to see any team lose (except the Falcons lol). Should be a great one in NO. Most underrated rivalry in football.

Both sides definitely can...lmao. I mean, you blocked a punt in the Redzone (for you) and Brees slipped a tackle for a TD, and that's just the obvious stuff.

Should be a great game for sure... assuming we're still fielding any starters.

saints4life25 likes this

31 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

I agree, in that Thomas is a monster and definitely has history to stand on - but, playing devil's advocate. Ridley did tie Odell's record for rookie TDs in a game. And he did it in his 3rd.

Me? I'm just hoping he can compliment Julio. But he's on the way to some records himself. We'll see. I'm hoping...we need it with how bad this defense is banged up

HASHBROWN3 and saints4life25 like this

I understand that Julio being on the field helps Ridley out because he's not seeing the same level of coverage. That said, it's not like Julio was the only receiver on the field prior to this season. If it was as simple as taking advantage of the coverage Julio receives, then we'd have guys going off for 3 TDs on a regular basis. Ridley clearly has a world of talent. His game reminds me of AB as well...doesn't mean he will have the same level of career but his ceiling looks to be very high. 

8 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

I understand that Julio being on the field helps Ridley out because he's not seeing the same level of coverage. That said, it's not like Julio was the only receiver on the field prior to this season. If it was as simple as taking advantage of the coverage Julio receives, then we'd have guys going off for 3 TDs on a regular basis. Ridley clearly has a world of talent. His game reminds me of AB as well...doesn't mean he will have the same level of career but his ceiling looks to be very high. 

I think Julio is a HOF WR.. But,,,, the dude doesnt get himself open in the end zone like he should be.

Now case in point. That TD to Ridley when Ridley broke off his route to come back to Matt . Jullio never does that. Calvin did. He broke his route to come back to catch that TD pass when Matt was in trouble. I mean that is the kind of chemistry we need. That they Need in the end zone.

7 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I think Julio is a HOF WR.. But,,,, the dude doesnt get himself open in the end zone like he should be.

Now case in point. That TD to Ridley when Ridley broke off his route to come back to Matt . Jullio never does that. Calvin did. He broke his route to come back to catch that TD pass when Matt was in trouble. I mean that is the kind of chemistry we need. That they Need in the end zone.

Julio does do it. Just hard to get anywhere with bracket coverage. Two guys in front of you to either side, yeah it’s easy to get open by just “breaking his route”. TF? Do you guys even watch the game or make talking points based on stats? He’s the most doubled WR in the game. 

RiseUpcollegepark likes this

1 minute ago, droopy1592 said:

Julio does do it. Just hard to get anywhere with bracket coverage. Two guys in front of you to either side, yeah it’s easy to get open by just “breaking his route”. TF? Do you guys even watch the game or make talking points based on stats? He’s the most doubled WR in the game. 

So how does Antonio Brown do it? AB scores TDs every game and they Bracket him. I just dont understand this.... how does Julio always lead the NFL in yards every year but cant score a Touchdown?

Calvin Ridley the Rookie just scored 4 so far this season, and they were easy TD catches.

Im just saying that Julio is good between the 20s ... but Calvin Ridley may be our best WR

Yep =

Sn4tteRBoxXeR likes this

1 hour ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Your mates over on SR were rating him above Julio... No wait ... it was one of your players who put his "7 Best Players in the NFC South" list out. And he put Michael Thomas ahead of Julio. And thats fine its just a random biased list from your Saints player.

He's his teammate. What do you expect? Lol. He's got to go to war with one of them. 

Also, so far this year, MT>Julio.

1 hour ago, Falcan Moore said:

I agree, in that Thomas is a monster and definitely has history to stand on - but, playing devil's advocate. Ridley did tie Odell's record for rookie TDs in a game. And he did it in his 3rd.

Me? I'm just hoping he can compliment Julio. But he's on the way to some records himself. We'll see. I'm hoping...we need it with how bad this defense is banged up

And that's fair, but just to counter that point, Ridley fell into a perfect spot. He's not drawing #1 attention like OBJ did his rookie year. He was singled on the #2 corner while Julio got the #1 and the double. He should succeed in that situation. 

1 hour ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

So how does Antonio Brown do it? AB scores TDs every game and they Bracket him. I just dont understand this.... how does Julio always lead the NFL in yards every year but cant score a Touchdown?

Calvin Ridley the Rookie just scored 4 so far this season, and they were easy TD catches.

Im just saying that Julio is good between the 20s ... but Calvin Ridley may be our best WR

Yep =

Because Pittsburgh has a QB who knows how to extend plays. Tom Brady knows how to extend plays. Aaron Rodgers extends plays. I will not address the Calvin Ridley best WR quote. Smh

8 hours ago, saints4life25 said:

Nah. It was an 8 yard crosser. 

I'm not saying Lattimore shut him down. I haven't looked at film to see if he was actually covered or if Ryan was just going elsewhere, but the change in production was evident. 

7 drives: 6 catches, 138 yards, 3 TDs.

4 drives: 1 catch, 8 yards. 

There were a lot of passes to RBs and TEs after the switch, as well as the bomb to Julio. After Robinson went down and Williams came back in in the slot, Ryan targetted him a few times with Sanu, including the TD. 

Ken Crawley man cmon bro you know you don't like that guy.

I seen that guy get burnt by our receivers a lot the last 2 seasons.

Francis York Morgan likes this

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Ken Crawley man cmon bro you know you don't like that guy.

I seen that guy get burnt by our receivers a lot the last 2 seasons.

He played well last year. He had a terrible first 2 games. Thought he was terrible when he came in on Sunday, until I watched the All 22. Both of the big plays that seemed to be on Crawley were on Williams, the FS.

On 9/23/2018 at 9:59 PM, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I called it in the pre-season. The guy just gets open and makes catches - and unlike Julio Jones - he finds ways to get open in the end-zone . Much like Antonio Brown.

Im not firing warning shots to Julio, but this Ridley kid is legit. And he is doing something right getting connected with Ryan. And this is good for us. Im starting to see a little lost step of separation from Julio lately ... and to be honest there is some reason Julio just cant seem to make plays in the red-zone.

I am happy that we drafted Ridley. 3 TDs today was impressive. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of that this season.

Dude, you're off your rocker. Next Antonio Brown? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

On 9/23/2018 at 9:59 PM, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I called it in the pre-season. The guy just gets open and makes catches - and unlike Julio Jones - he finds ways to get open in the end-zone . Much like Antonio Brown.

Im not firing warning shots to Julio, but this Ridley kid is legit. And he is doing something right getting connected with Ryan. And this is good for us. Im starting to see a little lost step of separation from Julio lately ... and to be honest there is some reason Julio just cant seem to make plays in the red-zone.

I am happy that we drafted Ridley. 3 TDs today was impressive. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of that this season.

I am as high on Ridley as you are. I'm just keeping it real. Expectations need to be level set after a big game like that. The head scratching drops are coming. Consider his work as a whole, instead of over-analyzing each data point, and you will end up very happy with the body of work he puts together. 

15 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Thats what made Jordy and Arod so lethal. Broken plays was their bread and butter.