The Falcon Jedi Knight

Calvin Ridley is the next Antonio Brown

69 posts in this topic

With the safety rolled to Julio's side of the field he had the one on one match ups. This is great and what we got him for. Make team pay for rolling coverage to Julio and win one on one match ups.

Also Ridley actually reminds me a little of AJ Green but this is all good for the falcons.

Tylah and Ergo Proxy like this

7 minutes ago, me4falcons said:

With the safety rolled to Julio's side of the field he had the one on one match ups. This is great and what we got him for. Make team pay for rolling coverage to Julio and win one on one match ups.

Also Ridley actually reminds me a little of AJ Green but this is all good for the falcons.

Ridley >>>>>>>>> Gabriel.

Lol.

Tylah, atljbo and Flying Falcon like this

I don't see Antonio Brown in Ridley either I see Marvin Harrison though the route running.

I also think we need to pump the brakes on him at the moment he's going great I'll give him his due but the NFL isnt a sprint it's a grind.If he's around absolutely ripping in 5 years time yeah ok but until then his body of work is to small to earn the comparison to anyone of the ilk the op is naming.

WornOutFalconFan likes this

4 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I called it in the pre-season. The guy just gets open and makes catches - and unlike Julio Jones - he finds ways to get open in the end-zone . Much like Antonio Brown.

Im not firing warning shots to Julio, but this Ridley kid is legit. And he is doing something right getting connected with Ryan. And this is good for us. Im starting to see a little lost step of separation from Julio lately ... and to be honest there is some reason Julio just cant seem to make plays in the red-zone.

I am happy that we drafted Ridley. 3 TDs today was impressive. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of that this season.

Calvin Ridley is a beast playing a simple he's somebody special

17 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I called it in the pre-season. The guy just gets open and makes catches - and unlike Julio Jones - he finds ways to get open in the end-zone . Much like Antonio Brown.

Im not firing warning shots to Julio, but this Ridley kid is legit. And he is doing something right getting connected with Ryan. And this is good for us. Im starting to see a little lost step of separation from Julio lately ... and to be honest there is some reason Julio just cant seem to make plays in the red-zone.

I am happy that we drafted Ridley. 3 TDs today was impressive. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of that this season.

I’d pump the breaks on Antonio Brown comparisons, but Ridley reminds of T.Y Hilton.

Julio’s my fav player, but I have to admit he does seem to have lost a step. All of the injuries must be catching up to him 

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

12 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

I’d pump the breaks on Antonio Brown comparisons, but Ridley reminds of T.Y Hilton.

Julio’s my fav player, but I have to admit he does seem to have lost a step. All of the injuries must be catching up to him 

Really you think Julios lost a step man on most deep routes I've seen Julio go on this year pretty much he's been wide open.

When he breaks off his routes at the top to get these 10-20 yard chain movers he's as above open almost everytime.

When he sinks his hips and makes that double move the 3 times Ive seen it this year wide open.

Lost a step on who GOD lol man Julio to me looks as sharp as ever.

17 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Ridley is able to do what he do because teams sellout to Julio..you do know that right ? Use some sense before hitting the post button.

17 hours ago, saints4life25 said:

I mean, he absolutely scorched Williams. Then early in the 3rd they put Lattimore on him and he had 1 catch the rest of the game. 

Not taking anything away from his performance, which I saw coming, but AB? 

I mean, the lone catch was a TD, if I remember correctly. Credit where credit is due. I don't think the dude is anywhere near AB either, but they didn't have trouble moving it just because Lattimore was on him.

43 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

I mean, the lone catch was a TD, if I remember correctly. Credit where credit is due. I don't think the dude is anywhere near AB either, but they didn't have trouble moving it just because Lattimore was on him.

Nah. It was an 8 yard crosser. 

I'm not saying Lattimore shut him down. I haven't looked at film to see if he was actually covered or if Ryan was just going elsewhere, but the change in production was evident. 

7 drives: 6 catches, 138 yards, 3 TDs.

4 drives: 1 catch, 8 yards. 

There were a lot of passes to RBs and TEs after the switch, as well as the bomb to Julio. After Robinson went down and Williams came back in in the slot, Ryan targetted him a few times with Sanu, including the TD. 

2 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

I'm not saying Lattimore shut him down. I haven't looked at film to see if he was actually covered or if Ryan was just going elsewhere, but the change in production was evident. 

There were a lot of passes to RBs and TEs after the switch, as well as the bomb to Julio. After Robinson went down and Williams came back in in the slot, Ryan targetted him a few times with Sanu, including the TD. 

Ahh fair. Yeah, might watch it myself.

saints4life25 likes this

13 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

Ahh fair. Yeah, might watch it myself.

Coaches film isn't available on game pass yet, but I plan to watch it when it becomes available. 

18 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

You shifted your best CB from Julio to Ridley after Ridley was burning you guys

I hate to be narcissistic but he reminds me of me..................

He does have more size than me.

And he does have more speed than me.

I'd say he has the advantage in ability also BUT

Other than that......yeah....I'd say he reminds me of me.

Flying Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, saints4life25 said:

I know. Thats what we were discussing lol.

And that's just Ridley's coming out party. So now you have 2 WRs risky to leave 1 on 1. Ridley has time to grow, too. lol

Literally give us a few tackles yesterday and we win, but gg I digress. Will be glad to have Saints killer Debo back and our best rusher Takk as well for the rematch. Should be a good one in NO.

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

And that's just Ridley's coming out party. So now you have 2 WRs risky to leave 1 on 1. Ridley has time to grow, too. lol

Literally give us a few tackles yesterday and we win, but gg I digress. Will be glad to have Saints killer Debo back and our best rusher Takk as well for the rematch. Should be a good one in NO.

I'm not gonna say they definitely did leave him 1 on 1, cause coaches film isn't available yet, but I'm pretty sure Lattimore was 1 on 1 with him 3rd quarter on. 

Literally give us a few plays yesterday and the game isn't close lol. I mean, both sides can play that. It was a **** good game that you don't like to see any team lose (except the Falcons lol). Should be a great one in NO. Most underrated rivalry in football.

28 minutes ago, 7979 said:

I hate to be narcissistic but he reminds me of me..................

He does have more size than me.

And he does have more speed than me.

I'd say he has the advantage in ability also BUT

Other than that......yeah....I'd say he reminds me of me.

Lexington Steele reminds me of me so I understand

Rid looked great, and it's his route running that's so impressive so that tells ya right there his age doesn't mean much as far as production in his later years. I can see him playing long enough for 2 more contracts without losing anything really other than speed.

I wanna see him as the true #1 before I crown him AB 2.0 tho and in all honesty he reminds me of Calvin Ridley more than anyone...

Edited by AreJayDubya

3 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

I'm not gonna say they definitely did leave him 1 on 1, cause coaches film isn't available yet, but I'm pretty sure Lattimore was 1 on 1 with him 3rd quarter on. 

Literally give us a few plays yesterday and the game isn't close lol. I mean, both sides can play that. It was a **** good game that you don't like to see any team lose (except the Falcons lol). Should be a great one in NO. Most underrated rivalry in football.

Yeah, I was just saying we had our own guys making mistakes when the were in position for the play...Poole roughing the passer leading to 3. He is usually our most sure open field tackler among the CBs. Dude plays like a LB/SS in terms of his tackling but decided to make several bad attempts yesterday. Some guys just needed a better game. IDK if anyone other than Lattimore could press Ridley. If he doesn't get the press, Calvin wins.

A rookie LB messing up his block leading to the short-field TD...that's basically a turnover. Difference in the game between otherwise clean offenses.

I remember Ridley's last catch he was tackled as he went OOB and came up limping some. IDK what his snap count was after that...

20 hours ago, saints4life25 said:

I mean, he absolutely scorched Williams. Then early in the 3rd they put Lattimore on him and he had 1 catch the rest of the game. 

Not taking anything away from his performance, which I saw coming, but AB? 

I don’t think hes Antonio Brown but he does possess similar qualities that make AB so good and he is only a rookie. If your comparing Rookie Ridley to current AB of course its silly. But go ahead and compare young AB to young Ridley.. Brown had 0 tds his rookie year. 2 in his 2nd. 5 in his 3rd. 7 TDs his first 3 years. Ridley has 4...in 3 games. Point is, no one even knew Brown was Brown for years. 

Edited by PriMeTiiMe
anewton likes this

17 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Yeah, I was just saying we had our own guys making mistakes when the were in position for the play...Poole roughing the passer leading to 3. He is usually our most sure open field tackler among the CBs. Dude plays like a LB/SS in terms of his tackling but decided to make several bad attempts yesterday. Some guys just needed a better game. IDK if anyone other than Lattimore could press Ridley. If he doesn't get the press, Calvin wins.

A rookie LB messing up his block leading to the short-field TD...that's basically a turnover. Difference in the game between otherwise clean offenses.

I remember Ridley's last catch he was tackled as he went OOB and came up limping some. IDK what his snap count was after that...

Like I said, we can both play that game. Ginn dropped 2 balls that hit him in the hands wide open on 3rd downs that led to punts. Onyemata had one of the dumbest penalties I've ever seen that directly led to 4 more points.

He was definitely in afterwards, but I want to see the All 22 before I comment on the coverage on him. 

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

I don’t think hes Antonio Brown but he does possess similar qualities that make AB so good and he is only a rookie. If your comparing Rookie Ridley to current AB of course its silly. But go ahead and compare young AB to young Ridley.. Brown had 0 tds his rookie year. 2 in his 2nd. 5 in his 3rd. 7 TDs his first 3 years. Ridley has 4...in 3 games. Point is, no one even knew Brown was Brown for years. 

Oh, I agree. But I also think Ridley was much more pro ready, but doesn't have the hands Brown has. You can't coach those. I don't think he has the wiggle that Brown has either, but we'll see. 

I'm not gonna downplay his day, so I won't say anymore about the corner lol. Ridley was phenomenal yesterday. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

20 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Let’s not get ahead on Ridley. He is a rookie, one bad game the pitch forks will come out to run him out of town. I am excited about him though. 

I'm not going to post what I was going to say because you already said it. 

4 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Saints are already comparing Michael Thomas to be a better Julio Jones