Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Falcon Jedi Knight

Calvin Ridley is the next Antonio Brown

69 posts in this topic

I called it in the pre-season. The guy just gets open and makes catches - and unlike Julio Jones - he finds ways to get open in the end-zone . Much like Antonio Brown.

Im not firing warning shots to Julio, but this Ridley kid is legit. And he is doing something right getting connected with Ryan. And this is good for us. Im starting to see a little lost step of separation from Julio lately ... and to be honest there is some reason Julio just cant seem to make plays in the red-zone.

I am happy that we drafted Ridley. 3 TDs today was impressive. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of that this season.

4 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

I called it in the pre-season. The guy just gets open and makes catches - and unlike Julio Jones - he finds ways to get open in the end-zone . Much like Antonio Brown.

Im not firing warning shots to Julio, but this Ridley kid is legit. And he is doing something right getting connected with Ryan. And this is good for us. Im starting to see a little lost step of separation from Julio lately ... and to be honest there is some reason Julio just cant seem to make plays in the red-zone.

I am happy that we drafted Ridley. 3 TDs today was impressive. Looking forward to seeing a lot more of that this season.

Lost step from Julio? Ryan refuses to get the ball out in front of him when JJ has the seperation.  But while I think it’s a little earlier to compare Ridley to brown, he does look impressive.  

Tylah likes this

15 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

and unlike Julio Jones - he finds ways to get open in the end-zone.

You're so mercurial. Guy has hauled in 43 TDs for the Falcons. A number of which have been in the end-zone -- all of which ended up in the end-zone.

2 minutes ago, DrunkOffFalcohol said:

I hate when players are compared to greats or popular players because of physical traits and size. Like when everyone was comparing Desmond Southward to Richard Sherman lol

who is desmond southward?

6 minutes ago, Falx said:

You're so mercurial. Guy has hauled in 43 TDs for the Falcons. A number of which have been in the end-zone -- all of which ended up in the end-zone.

Ridley is 39 behind. Watch out

Well, that's the hope of course.  He has a long ways to go, and has to get good at the contested catches to be anywhere in the vicinity of Brown.

But I liked what I saw today.  We were playing a bad secondary...and he made them pay for being bad.

If he can start doing that to good corners, and catch the contested balls, he'll be a hard guy to deal with.

I mean, he absolutely scorched Williams. Then early in the 3rd they put Lattimore on him and he had 1 catch the rest of the game. 

Not taking anything away from his performance, which I saw coming, but AB? 

28 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

who is desmond southward?

The safety we drafted in the 3rd round of 2013 or 2014. Everyone kept comparing him to richard Sherman because his measurements. Ill link some of the threads

27 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

laugh at me now ... but i see a special infinity stone in this one

Wont matter because we cant outscore anyone still with soo many weapons.

We cant TACKLE on pivotal game changing moments.

It doesnt matter how many fancy gadgets Ryan gets.... we HAVE TO FINISH GAMES.

1 hour ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Wait, You said he was AB right....? Oh nvm, I guess everyone is just reading it wrong.

I'm with ya man, I've been telling people he's and AB or OBJ type of guy. He may have a long way to go to prove it but, he's def cut from the same cloth in his style and speed.

I'm also flat-out impressed how he and Matt are working so well together. Matt has had so many big/less shifty targets and speedy ones he didn't use much because their hands were suspect, I just assumed it would be 6-7 games before they clicked.

2 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

On 9/7/2018 at 0:40 AM, zekeyboy1 said:

nuk6.jpg

He doing against no 3 db lol but the boy is good.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:45 AM, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

Had he not bobbled it to begin with there wouldn't have been a convo. Just sayin.

You're so extreme dude..  there's a middle ground to everything. Players are either HOF or trash to you and a dew others. Nothing in the middle. 

3 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

You do realize because of the threat of Julio Calvin Ridley is able to make any plays.. we really need this type of offense do to the lack of defense this team has now suddenly

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

LOL Julio is one of the main reasons he went off today. 

Right..and I think the best thing about it is next week it could be Sanu turn to jump start the offense.