JG2008

This game showed when it comes down to 4th Qtr “crunch” time— Brees has the “it” factor and Ryan doesn’t

86 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, JG2008 said:

This game showed that even when Ryan plays well and throws 5 TD passes....

when it comes down to 4th Qtr “crunch” time— Brees has the “it” factor and Ryan doesn’t 

Ryan had his chance at end of 4th qtr

What?!?! LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

No sir. What more do you want from him?! He scored 2 TDs and 2 2-pt conversions on 2 of your last 3 drives. You guys lost, aside from the Saints O going bananas, because the Saints got the ball first on offense in OT. 

SMH.

What in the heck is wrong with some of you guys?!

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

Yes the defense was terrible today.  And yes Ryan put up points and yards today.  But the guys point is "CLUTCH" time.  How many points did Ryan put up for us today at the end of either half when he could have?  How many points did Drew Brees put up in the same clutch time minutes?  He didn't say Matt Ryan wasn't a good QB.  He said he wasn't clutch.  And for 2 of 3 games this year he really hasn't been Clutch.

Eh, whatever. Brees didn't appear to have the "it" factor last year when his worst nightmare Deion Jones picked him off at the end. Let's not pretend like the Saints win this game if we weren't having to play so many backups on defense. 

Edited by Expert Poster

4 minutes ago, nbostp said:

Yes the defense was terrible today.  And yes Ryan put up points and yards today.  But the guys point is "CLUTCH" time.  How many points did Ryan put up for us today at the end of either half when he could have?  How many points did Drew Brees put up in the same clutch time minutes?  He didn't say Matt Ryan wasn't a good QB.  He said he wasn't clutch.  And for 2 of 3 games this year he really hasn't been Clutch.

The Saints D pinned their ears back and came after Ryan on that last drive....our Oline failed, not Ryan.

7 minutes ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

No sir. What more do you want from him? He scored 2 TDs and 2 2-pt conversions on your last 2 of your last 3 drives. You guys lost, aside from the Saints O going bananas, because the Saints got the ball first on offense in OT. 

SMH.

Great, now we're being called out on our fans stupidity by mother ******* Saints fans!

You see what yall did? ****! **** yall! Seriously

39 minutes ago, JG2008 said:

when it comes down to 4th Qtr “crunch” time— Brees has the “it” factor and Ryan doesn’t 

Both have "IT". If you question if Breeze has it, you must have just started watching football. He's had "IT" his entire career. Matt has more 4th Q comebacks than any other QB that's played the same amount of time. So, he's got "IT" as well. A loss today doesn't take anything away from either QB.

13 minutes ago, cblack said:

Respectfully..... The gentleman is right in my opinion. Ryan did have a great game,  but we needed him to be great ONE more series. Our ball at home in the 4th quarter and all we need is 3!  We and everyone else knew the D wasn't gonna win this game.  Everyone knew it was on the Offense,  just like it will be the rest of the season. We had the ball last in the Super Bowl dare I mention it with about 50 secs left all we needed was to get in Field goal position and just like tonight we punted the ball back to the other team and the **** game ended the exact same way.  You can ignore it if you want but results don't lie. 

So what didn’t happen that needed to happen on that potential game winning drive?

4 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Eh, whatever. Brees didn't appear to have the "it" factor last year when his worst nightmare Deion Jones picked him off at the end. Let's not pretend like the Saints win this game if we weren't having to play so many backups on defense. 

The way people talk you think Matt Ryan is the only one that ever messes up. That game losing redzone INT by Brees last year was as anti-clutch as anything I've ever seen, yet people just gloss over these things. With Matt Ryan they're front and center.

Ergo Proxy likes this

31 minutes ago, nbostp said:

Brees doesn't get to BE clutch, if Ryan doesn't put him in that position. Ryan balled out today. I don't get some of you. Seriously. I can't believe I am arguing with Falcons fans about how legit THEIR QB is and I am the one presenting the Pros. SMH. Don't worry, no more comments from me. I have come to my senses.

7 minutes ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

Brees doesn't get to BE clutch, if Ryan doesn't put him in that position. Ryan balled out today. I don't get some of you. Seriously. I can't believe I am arguing with Falcons fans about how legit THEIR QB is and I am the one presenting the Pros. SMH. Don't worry, no more comments from me. I have come to my senses.

:bang:

Ergo Proxy and Godzilla1985 like this

1 hour ago, JG2008 said:

Try this test to see if your theory holds true:

1. Place your left hand over your left ear.

2. Place your right hand over your right ear.

3. Grip tightly.

4. See if you can pull your head out of your a.s.s.

48 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

The Saints D pinned their ears back and came after Ryan on that last drive....our Oline failed, not Ryan.

Was not even oline.....had Coleman picked up his man.....the falcons get a big play there that would have been close to fg range

JDaveG, Ergo Proxy, jay1k2 and 1 other like this

This loss is in no way on Matt Ryan or on the offense in general. Was on the complete coaching failure by defense and ST.

But yeh I haven't felt that early career Matt Ryan last drive confidence in a long time.

1 hour ago, cblack said:

Respectfully..... The gentleman is right in my opinion. Ryan did have a great game,  but we needed him to be great ONE more series. Our ball at home in the 4th quarter and all we need is 3!  We and everyone else knew the D wasn't gonna win this game.  Everyone knew it was on the Offense,  just like it will be the rest of the season. We had the ball last in the Super Bowl dare I mention it with about 50 secs left all we needed was to get in Field goal position and just like tonight we punted the ball back to the other team and the **** game ended the exact same way.  You can ignore it if you want but results don't lie. 

So it's Matt Ryan's fault that Mohamed Sanu dropped the ball that would have been a 1st down and kept the offense on the field?

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

58 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

Even still, he made a good enough throw that Sanu should have caught that would have kept the drive alive.

9 hours ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

No sir. What more do you want from him?! He scored 2 TDs and 2 2-pt conversions on 2 of your last 3 drives. You guys lost, aside from the Saints O going bananas, because the Saints got the ball first on offense in OT. 

SMH.

Yes Ryan was on fire for virtually the entire game. However—the point I am making is when it comes down to the end of the game — the last drive of the 4th Qtr— Brees has the “It” factor and Ryan doesn’t.  Despite looking great for most of the game Ryan’s final 4th Qtr drive with the game on the line looked terrible 

no1gunna21 likes this

10 minutes ago, JG2008 said:

Yes Ryan was on fire for virtually the entire game. However—the point I am making is when it comes down to the end of the game — the last drive of the 4th Qtr— Brees has the “It” factor and Ryan doesn’t.  Despite looking great for most of the game Ryan’s final 4th Qtr drive with the game on the line looked terrible 

Just quit posting already. You look dumb enough with the original post now you are just reinforcing it. 

JDaveG and Ergo Proxy like this

10 hours ago, SaintsFanInLA said:

SMH.

Sad day when a Saints fan makes more sense than half of the posters on this board....(going to wash my mouth out with soap now).