TheTrue7

Tennessee vs UGA

445 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2018 at 9:51 AM, Volunteer Falcon said:

Going to go out and enjoy the day with my kids, will casually follow on my phone, sad times. 

On a disastrous Georgia-Florida game where Pruitt coached our defense, I skipped the game to take a girl hiking. So worth it. Sometimes I regret the dominance of football season over everything else. The leaves are changing and the mountain air is crisp. On the coast, the redfish are running...

But here I am, drinking beer and watching football...

putnam6 likes this

Hate that sometimes too, In the late 80's early 90's I used to grab my 100 foot extension cord and co axil cable and go as far in my backyard and at least fart around outside and watch game. Would be so much easier with the lighter smart tv's now but I never do it.

3 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

I think they went for tradition.  This game should have been a night game on SEC network.    

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

They went for ratings..UGA is right now one of the strongest ratings team in the nation.  Also this is a traditional matchup..  this game is almost always on cbs.  

2 hours ago, UGABOZ said:

UGA has a pretty good national audience see there is no  draw to uk and usc and uga uis ranked 2nd, great pick by cbs

It's nothing against Georgia and everything to do with Tennessee. I think the Florida/Miss State (Dan Mullen Revenge Game) will get more ratings than Tennessee/Georgia will today.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It's nothing against Georgia and everything to do with Tennessee. I think the Florida/Miss State (Dan Mullen Revenge Game) will get more ratings than Tennessee/Georgia will today.

We will see.  I still think the ratings for UGA vs tennessee will be better than florida/msu.. last week UGA verses Missouri which was a noon game on espn was the 3rd most watched game.. that says it all about UGA's draw nationally..  UGA is the 9th most watched team and they have yet to have 1 primetime game..  that is impressive. 

https://dawgpost.com/s/564/tv-sets-continue-to-turn-on-for-uga

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

We will see.  I still think the ratings for UGA vs tennessee will be better than florida/msu.. last week UGA verses Missouri which was a noon game on espn was the 3rd most watched game.. that says it all about UGA's draw nationally..  UGA is the 9th most watched team and they have yet to have 1 primetime game..  that is impressive. 

I guess folks like watching blow outs. I find blow outs extremely boring. Its why I haven't watched any Alabama games this year. It's why I haven't watched any Georgia games this year except for the South Carolina and I didn't even watch all of that one because it turned into a blow out. I attempted to watch the Missouri game but stopped around halftime. I won't watch any of this one today. But I guess folks like that kind of stuff. I don't.

14 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

There's no way UGA vs LSU isn't a night game.

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

if CBS has first choice I don't see them passing up on what would be the game that will most likely have the best ratings of the weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

if CBS has first choice I don't see them passing up on what would be the game that will most likely have the best ratings of the weekend. 

Unless CBS makes it a DH weekend.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Unless CBS makes it a DH weekend.

they have already picked their double header weekends and that isn't one of them.. that is done in the preseason. october 27th, november 3rd, and november 10th are their 3 DH weekends.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-at-auburn-an-early-sec-on-cbs-game-2018-schedule-broadcast-windows-released/

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

they have already picked their double header weekends and that isn't one of them.. that is done in the preseason. october 27th, november 3rd, and november 10th are their 3 DH weekends.  

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-at-auburn-an-early-sec-on-cbs-game-2018-schedule-broadcast-windows-released/

Didn't realize that was picked before the start of the season.

54 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Wow! I didn't realize that. It definitely helps when every week the media picks "the flavor of the week" to upset us. Started with SC, then it was Mizzu. Just watch, if we dominate Tenn today, we will have the "Vandy may sneak out an upset, with UGA looking ahead to LSU" expert picks. 

SacFalcFan likes this

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Trust me, I agree.  I bet CBS has to get these games during the offseason and do not want to try something new.  

1 hour ago, sdogg said:

Wow! I didn't realize that. It definitely helps when every week the media picks "the flavor of the week" to upset us. Started with SC, then it was Mizzu. Just watch, if we dominate Tenn today, we will have the "Vandy may sneak out an upset, with UGA looking ahead to LSU" expert picks. 

In the Mark Richt era, I would agree.  Coach Smart will not let these guys look ahead.  

sdogg likes this

Just now, sdogg said:

Aren't they supposed to give the returner a little more space, when FC is called?

Yeah they were super close.