Rod23

Fire Armstrong IMMEDIATELY!

44 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, E. T. said:

You guys got to remember that our ST unit is basically our bench depth. 

I'll leave it at that and let you marinate on it.

It isn't like this year has been the only bad year.  We are constantly taking the ball out of the endzone and failing to get to the 25.  When we would get it there without even touching the ball.  I'm not even sure at this point if Armstrong knows this is a rule.  It's been happening for years with different return guys.  

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this

Our special teams performance has been league average this year....although largely bolstered by the place kicking game. 

Punting/punt return hasnt been good. 

I'm fine looking elsewhere for a coach. 

1 minute ago, notthatcool said:

It isn't like this year has been the only bad year.  We are constantly taking the ball out of the endzone and failing to get to the 25.  When we would get it there without even touching the ball.  I'm not even sure at this point if Armstrong knows this is a rule.  It's been happening for years with different return guys.  

Are you talking about kickoff returns or punt returns? Kickoff returns, you can thank the league for the rule changes on that one, Punt returns on the other hand we absolutely stink at. 

Some of y’all need to stop covering for Armstrong.  I think it’s pretty obvious to everyone that he’s the underlying problem & the common denominator in all of this.

Our special teams outside of Bryant underperforms & has done so for way too long.

He’s the Special Teams Coach man.  It’s one thing after another with this guy.  I have no animosity towards him at all, but we’re past due for a change. 

It hasn't only been this Head Coach either. He was pretty bad under Smitty as well. When the Returner you just let go to the Jets is the highest rated Kick Returner in the league.......

I could be down for this, might be a good start.  I honestly can't see us doing any worse even without a "coordinator"... we never have a great ST play set up, hardly ever get through a ST play without a flag, seem to be skating the edge on every single K/P of getting them blocked... 

4 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

I could be down for this, might be a good start.  I honestly can't see us doing any worse even without a "coordinator"... we never have a great ST play set up, hardly ever get through a ST play without a flag, seem to be skating the edge on every single K/P of getting them blocked... 

You know your STs suck when you're happy when you don't see a flag. 

Falconcheff likes this

On 9/23/2018 at 8:28 PM, sdogg said:

I still can't believe Hardy is the best we could get for return duties. 

Especially with Hall just sitting there. And last season what about using Gabriel.

This team leaves you scratching your head ALL THE TIME.

sdogg likes this

17 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I tried telling folks last year that Roberts was a good returner when you all wanted to run him off. One of these days folks will learn to listen to me.

My problem wasent him returning, The problem was him not knowing when to just stay in the endzone. I'm glad to see he is doing well though. 

2 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Especially with Hall just sitting there. And last season what about using Gabriel.

This team leaves you scratching your head ALL THE TIME.

No doubt. I thought for sure Gage would be our returner when we drafted him. 

Quinn has regressed as a coach. Blowing that SB has messed him up big time. 

13 minutes ago, sdogg said:

No doubt. I thought for sure Gabriel would be our returner when we drafted him. 

Quinn has regressed as a coach. Blowing that SB has messed him up big time. 

Shanny brought Gabe in after the Browns cut him.

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Shanny brought Gabe in after the Browns cut him.

That was a typo. I meant Gage. 

ST's have sucked every since Joe D left. Armstrong does need to be fired ASAP and we need to figure out a good permanent solution for KR/PR instead of rotating options for guys that are to slow every few months.

Also we need ot move on from Bosher, his kicks are not as good and the time he takes allows for blocks which may have cost us 2 games already this year.