Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vel

Pathetic...

158 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Another dumb post. That's two

You responded so who's the dummy? Arm chair football expert.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I played collegiately at a fairly high level like yourself, and I’m telling you my man today our DC got his *** handed to him. It was a horrible game plan in scheming to stop/slow down Kamara and Thomas by Manuel 

Yeah, don't know if Manuel's plan was that bad or  so horribly executed it just looked that bad. I know that time and again they were shifting right before the snap, not to confuse Brees, but because they were confused.

Gotta hope the offense can outscore other team until the youngsters on D can get their act together. If they can get their act together, sigh.

OTOH, if the defense CAN get their act together without Jones, be really good sign.  If Riley, Foye, Senat & Takk grow up quick, this will be a really dangerous team when Jones comes back.

Vandy and PokerSteve like this

7 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He called what he has always called. Difference is he doesn't have Takk,Debo,Neal there. You can't replace those type of players. And then you lost Rico. We are a primary cover 3/man team. That's why Belichick looked averaged in Cleveland but a genius in New England. Better players

You don’t have those players so you don’t play the game?  You adapt your scheme.  I played football and trust me we had guys go down but the coaches have to have a game plan to compensate.  

Just now, falcons007 said:

I thought they didn’t say anything about losing him yet.

Brother I'm just assuming based on the game and what he grabbed I didn't hear anything much like u.just don't understand why the injuries are happening NOW like the year the bowl is in out house and it just feels like that dream just gets further and further away with time each injury 

falcons007 likes this

1 hour ago, vel said:

They don't. The Saints are living and dying with Thomas and Kamara. That doesn't change with whoever is out there. Ginn is a bum. Watson is old. Meredith is mediocre. Smith is a rookie. The supporting cast isn't that great. Debo and Neal not playing doesn't change that. Yes, Watson made a couple of great catches. Ginn made a few plays. But largely, it was Thomas and Kamara. Yet, they played like they had no clue. 

This is part of my point. Last week it was CMC. Can we contain him? Take away the easy flat outlets and close out on check downs. What did we do? 13 catches 120+ yards. Same thing with Kamara. What we do? 15 catches 120+ yards. It doesn't matter what players we have if the scheme is allowing this.  Belichek is known for taking away something. As a defense you cant win all the battles you have to take something away and force uncomfortability. We didnt attempt to do any of it. Trufant should have been locked up with Mike all day. Someone should have been spying Kamara all day. Yes Its Brees but just like teams take Julio away. You force anybody but Kamara to beat you. 

vel, Vandy, TheUsualStuff and 3 others like this

Just now, RoddyWhite84 said:

Brother I'm just assuming based on the game and what he grabbed I didn't hear anything much like u.just don't understand why the injuries are happening NOW like the year the bowl is in out house and it just feels like that dream just gets further and further away with time each injury 

It looked really bad, he couldn’t put weight on his foot. Hopefully it’s not season ending. The curse of hosting a SB continues. 

Wonder what the excuse next week will be when turnover machine Andy Dalton comes to town and we leave with no INTs or turnovers. Entire defense lacks an aggressive mentality. Manuel needs to chill off the rah rah stuff pregame and teach himself how to go out and take a game over defensively by scheming.

20 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

He called what he has always called. Difference is he doesn't have Takk,Debo,Neal there. You can't replace those type of players. And then you lost Rico. We are a primary cover 3/man team. That's why Belichick looked averaged in Cleveland but a genius in New England. Better players

That’s the point. You call what you always call you get torched by an offensive mind like Payton. 

Very bland scheme against a team like the saints is gonna be ugly every single time, especially when you are missing 3 starters.

Belichick looked average in Cleveland for a lot of reasons, some were of his own making that he had to learn from. Which he readily admits. 

falcons007 likes this

23 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I played collegiately at a fairly high level like yourself, and I’m telling you my man today our DC got his *** handed to him. It was a horrible game plan in scheming to stop/slow down Kamara and Thomas by Manuel 

Straight handed to him. And they didn't do anything special. That's the frustrating part. 

4 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

You don’t have those players so you don’t play the game?  You adapt your scheme.  I played football and trust me we had guys go down but the coaches have to have a game plan to compensate.  

How can we adapt a scheme in 3 weeks? Play more man but then your LBs would be exposed. Losing Debo is like losing Matt Ryan. He is the most important player on defense along with our best player on defense. We play a lot of cover 1 when all our players are healthy on defense. I didn't see much of that. 

kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

That’s the point. You call what you always call you get torched by an offensive mind like Payton. 

Very bland scheme against a team like the saints is gonna be ugly every single time, especially when you are missing 3 starters.

Belichick looked average in Cleveland for a lot of reasons, some were his own making that he had to learn from. Which he readily admits. 

Ever heard the saying  "it ain't the X's and O's but the Jimmy's and Joe's"? Our scheme is bland anyway. It requires pressure from the front 4. We also run a lot of cover 1 but I didn't see that too much today. The scheme is pretty simple. But it requires players to get proper depth and have eye discipline. But sometimes you just need a great player to make a great play ala Debo

Vandy likes this

12 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

How can we adapt a scheme in 3 weeks? Play more man but then your LBs would be exposed. Losing Debo is like losing Matt Ryan. He is the most important player on defense along with our best player on defense. We play a lot of cover 1 when all our players are healthy on defense. I didn't see much of that. 

Well you do have to account for injuries.  Each game you have different factors but to not take away Thomas or Kamara shouldn’t have been that hard to scheme for.  Injuries suck I get it but you still have to compete.

Vandy and 11JonesBrothers45 like this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Ever heard the saying  "it ain't the X's and O's but the Jimmy's and Joe's"? Our scheme is bland anyway. It requires pressure from the front 4. We also run a lot of cover 1 but I didn't see that too much today. The scheme is pretty simple. But it requires players to get proper depth and have eye discipline. But sometimes you just need a great player to make a great play ala Debo

I know it’s bland, which is part of the OP’s point (I think). Shake things up, take some chances and put some pressure on their QB  (like saints did on our last drive). Don’t just sit there and suffer a long slow death of Kamara and Thomas.

11JonesBrothers45 likes this

26 minutes ago, crimsonhawk said:

The first half episode was piss poor coaching, the 2nd half episode was the Saints D throwing everything and the kitchen sink at Ryan and the Oline not being able to stop them. Frankly, their D gambled and won, because Ryan is usually pretty good about getting the ball out quickly, but the Saints knew that they HAD to stop Ryan from getting into FG range and were able to do so. We were not so fortunate.

The final drive was Coleman missing the block. He blocks the LB for a split second Sanu was getting open. 

Just now, blkbigdog35 said:

Well you do have to account for injuries.  Each game you have different factors but to not take away Thomas or Kamara shouldn’t been that hard to scheme for.  Injuries suck I get it but you still have to compete.

I agree they suck and you have to compete. But when I heard Debo was lost I knew our defense was in big trouble. Remember he makes all the calls and defensive checks. 

Vandy and blkbigdog35 like this

2 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Well you do have to account for injuries.  Each game you have different factors but to not take away Thomas or Kamara shouldn’t been that hard to scheme for.  Injuries suck I get it but you still have to compete.

At least try. 

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

I agree they suck and you have to compete. But when I heard Debo was lost I knew our defense was in big trouble. Remember he makes all the calls and defensive checks. 

Me too man he’s been our personal Ain't s killer!!

youngbloodz and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I know it’s bland, which is part of the OP’s point (I think). Shake things up, take some chances and put some pressure on their QB  (like saints did on our last drive). Don’t just sit there and suffer a long slow death of Kamara and Thomas.

Death by a thousand cuts. I'm sure the defensive staff will try some things out. But lucky Andy isnt Brees. Bengals,Bucs,Steelers not using the back out the backfield like the Pathers and Saints. Although the Steelers could always go back to it

blkbigdog35 and Vandy like this

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Yep. Man I can't wait until Thanksgiving when Debo is back

It’s amazing how he makes this defense go.  Somebody is going to have to step up at Mike!!!

youngbloodz likes this

3 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Death by a thousand cuts. I'm sure the defensive staff will try some things out. But lucky Andy isnt Brees. Bengals,Bucs,Steelers not using the back out the backfield like the Pathers and Saints. Although the Steelers could always go back to it

Eric Reid would good in falcons colors.

PokerSteve and youngbloodz like this

24 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Lol another dumb post

You got it coach.  You responded again so who's the dummy?

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The saints have an elite offense. Disagree with OP in using the word “simple.” Thomas and Kamara are elite players and nobody has stopped either of them this season yet. Oh, and they also have this guy named Drew Brees...

And for what it’s worth, the Falcons don’t give up 43 if the the offense had actually seized the opportunity at the end of the 4th and prevented OT. Ryan and the offense had their chance, and they blew it

Lol!  5 TDs and the offense blew it...lol!

11JonesBrothers45 likes this