lju713

This D needs a alpha at CB

91 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, osiruz said:

Yep go pull up the run in the 4th quarter where they tied. He easy supposed to tackle Kamara but ended up making a business decision.

I know.  And this isn't the only game he's been making these "business decisions" in either.  I know Quinn has to see this stuff when they review the film.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Just stop it. We have some of the best corners in the league. 

Team right now is weak at safety. Fix that, and entire defense will look different.

"Best corners in the league" is laughable. Alford/Trufant/Poole single-handedly cost us the game. They couldn't tackle in open space, which was on full display Sunday especially on Thomas and Cam New...I mean Drew Brees. Quinn's already came out and said he wouldn't sign a safety from elsewhere so I have no idea why it's still being brought up.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:41 PM, osiruz said:

No offense but Trufant is one of the softest cbs in the league and is made of cotton. Dude got abused today playing that ******** off technique and allowing Thomas to drag him all over the place and have his way with him.

This.

8 hours ago, Knight of God said:

No it’s not a stretch, this fan base is just not used to seeing all star Safeties in this team and don’t know how they affect every position. It’s ok though. We have a move coming up soon, I just hope we don’t get cold feet at the alter

Well yeah we need a safety in the worst way as well, but our CB's aren't looking good at all. TD and Co. need to make a trade/FA move for a safety, but I doubt they will.

Knight of God likes this

24 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

"Best corners in the league" is laughable. Alford/Trufant/Poole single-handedly cost us the game. They couldn't tackle in open space, which was on full display Sunday especially on Thomas and Cam New...I mean Drew Brees. Quinn's already came out and said he wouldn't sign a safety from elsewhere so I have no idea why it's still being brought up.

Yes, they had a bad game. Much like Matt Ryan had a bad game against Eagles. In both cases, that one game is not a representation of their overall play.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-secondary-rankings-all-32-teams-entering-2018

You are proof that you don’t know what you don’t know. And FYI, quinn  says a lot of things that’s nonsense.

22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yes, they had a bad game. That one game is not a representation of their overall play.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-secondary-rankings-all-32-teams-entering-2018

You are proof that you don’t know what you don’t know. And FYI, quinn  says a lot of things that’s nonsense.

Lmao this proves that they're not the "best corners in the league" dude. Everybody knows who the best CB's are though. They're not playmakers and can't tackle.

Plus Quinn said specifically that he wouldn't address safety lol. Don't know what you don't know right

Edited by #1ATLFALCONSFAN

8 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/desmond-trufant/7803

Rated #48 CB. Try posting stats from this year next time. Anybody with eyes can see he's playing terrible. 

@Vandy

Keep being stupid over one game early in season. 

If you’re gonna play that early season regency bias game, Then I guess Matt is the 18th QB in NFL? Teco is the 56th RB? 

Everyone but you know our corners are better than they played against saints. A lot of reasons for that, but no use going there, it would be way over you low football IQ head. 

YOU 

Just now, Vandy said:

Keep being stupid over one game early in season. 

If you’re gonna play that stupid regency bias game, Then I guess Matt is the 18th QB in NFL? Teco is the 56th RB? 

You posted the pff grades first dude lmao

9 minutes ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

YOU 

You posted the pff grades first dude lmao

I could post a dozen other articles saying falcons corners are among best in nfl. The PFF one was the 1st that popped up.

You're just playing dumb. They had a bad game, but that one game isn’t who they are as a group.

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I could post a dozen other articles saying falcons corners are among best in nfl. The PFF one was the 1st that popped up.

You're just playing dumb. They had a bad game, but that one game isn’t who they are as a group.

They're not terrible, but they're not that good either. 

On 9/23/2018 at 6:43 PM, Knight of God said:

A second. 

I'd be hesitant to give them a 2nd (a 3rd without hesitating), but the more you think about it the more it makes sense. He'd add so much value. I have confidence in Quinn's ability to draft in later rounds.

I mean, you always want more playmakers....but theres only so much you can do when ~3 of your 4/5 best playmakers arent on the field. Debo and Keanu are comfortably the biggest playmakers in the back 7....those losses were massive. Takk and Grady are the biggest playmakers up front....one of them didnt play last week. 

I have hope for Kazee being a + playmaker. He has that sort of game. But this is almost certainly going to be a lean year in that regard....unless Takk can get/stay healthy. If that happens, things could change a bit. 

15 minutes ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

This is a terrible post. 

Ok, It's a pff statistic. 

We do need one that is more physical and who loves to tackle. That's not Oliver from what I've seen of his college highlights (at least the tackling part). But, it's time to throw him and Foye (I know, LB) into the fray on a full time basis and see if they are going to be legit answers in the future.

Time to get them some meaningful snaps and disregard the steap learning curve they have ahead of them. 

#1ATLFALCONSFAN likes this