Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lju713

This D needs a alpha at CB

91 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Wanted Kendricks before learning he can possibly get locked up. I don't agree with part time rentals at all. which is why i'm against trading for Thomas. Great player but not worth what they want for how long he will be around. Peeps saying no to Bowman and other veteran free agents need to realize what is there outside of Campbell isn't the answer right now.

Kendricks isnt going anywhere.  He will be playing on the field. And we NEED  Thomas.  He's an enforcer ball hawk. 

8 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Kendricks isnt going anywhere.  He will be playing on the field. And we NEED  Thomas.  He's an enforcer ball hawk. 

We have no clue what will happen with Kendrick.  Thomas is great and all but he’s only a temporary rental. There’s no way I will support the team blowing a first rounder on a temporary solution. 

IN the end no one was prepared for this debacle. No money for temporary fillers who are all pros. Not knowing the complete details of Kendrick situation and his potential punishment is kinda risky to just push the button on. Not to mention Kendrick was already signed or on the brink of being signed when Jones officially hit IR. You can argue “well they should have signed him in the offseason”, I can argue back with what money? The falcons entered on a budget and with a plan to keep in house guys and sign low tiered free agents. They stuck to that plan. Again, no one expected the defense to get hit so hard with injuries

13 hours ago, Jesus said:

Poole is up and down. Some weeks he looks great, some weeks he looks straight up exposed.

I 100% agree with this, some weeks he leaves you scratching your head, wondering wtf they see in him. 

Getting juked out by a 40yr old slow QB that is also a hated rival, the one QB in the whole league you should want to **** up, was just one of the many moments yesterday. 

No ball skills or toughness. That's something a #1 CB has to do. Poole and Alf tackling was horrible yesterday, but they have better ball skills than Tru and football IQ. Tru isn't hungry. His bro was a 1st rounder, same as Tru, so the passion to be the best isn't in that dude. He is disrespecting Prime with making #21 look so bad.

Flying Falcon likes this

14 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Just get me a safety and you won’t have to worry about CB. Sign a pass rusher, LB, and trade for Earl Thomas

If we got ET and Dante Fowler, we'd go right back to being a contender...

...problem being we have, what...6 million in cap left? I don't know if that's enough for even one of them.

**** sucks.

Knight of God likes this

20 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Make cap

elaborate please, with the understanding that signing a player with a 10m cap hit nxt season would keep us from signing/extending someone else (Jarret,Djones,Neal,JJones). Not seeing how that wouldn't be at best a lateral move long term.

Going to assume you plan to let Beez walk. 

Knight of God likes this

8 hours ago, lju713 said:

I see the impact Denzel Ward has made on Cleveland, we need a dog like at CB. Tru is soft and his time here is coming to a end. He has that finesse, west coast feel to his game. He need to deal his *** in the off-season.

would cost us $ to trade him. Not happening.

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

A lot of guys to point at, but I thought Tru tackled fine. Funny you guys wanting to point fingers at Tru after Poole and Alf had such a poor game tackling against saints. 

That first miss by Alford was a dead set shocker on that TD and there joint effort against Brees of all people was even more sickening.

But people are saying Tru has an issue tackling I haven't seen Tru miss tackles like that in awhile.

I guess fans see what they want to see.

Knight of God and Vandy like this

8 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

If we got ET and Dante Fowler, we'd go right back to being a contender...

...problem being we have, what...6 million in cap left? I don't know if that's enough for even one of them.

**** sucks.

Are jags even wanting to trade Fowler FM? I haven’t seen anything of substance that they want to, but maybe I missed it? 

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

That first miss by Alford was a dead set shocker on that TD and there joint effort against Brees of all people was even more sickening.

But people are saying Tru has an issue tackling I haven't seen Tru miss tackles like that in awhile.

I guess fans see what they want to see.

Kamara is like 5’11” and nearly 220. I doubt Alford and Tru are even 190. I hear Kamara hurts to bring down

On 9/23/2018 at 6:31 PM, lju713 said:

Missed tackles, bad angles, and lack of aggression. I like Tru, Alf,and Poole but they have a finesse mentality. The Saints WR got too many yards after the catch. I know the DL is a joke this season, but still they are being paid alot of money and I'm not seeing it, especially out of Trufant. Maybe another 1st Rd pick at CB would light a fire under this group.

We need a playmaker.. period.

Agree 100%. Greedy Williams, DB from LSU would fit nicely.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:34 PM, Knight of God said:

Just get me a safety and you won’t have to worry about CB. Sign a pass rusher, LB, and trade for Earl Thomas

"Not have to worry about a CB" is a stretch. It's clear our CB's lack physicality and it costs us game in and game out. Michael Thomas embarrasses Trufant/Alford/Poole/[insert CB here] every time we play them. 

From a pass rusher standpoint I like what I've seen from Takk. Him not playing yesterday proved more of a factor in the pass rush than people think.

On 9/23/2018 at 5:51 PM, TheFatboi said:

Cause these knew rules got em scared to hit qb’s now. I was there. The play happened right in front of me. Both Poole and Alf hesitated to hit brees instead of just wrecking him. 

This is the truest thing I’ve read on this board in a long long time. Poole has laid ppl the **** out, dude is not soft. Ask Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers how soft Brian Poole’s hits are. It was embarrassing because we didn’t get the tackle not because Poole is soft or didn’t try. These rules suck. 

Our entire defense struggled to tackle yesterday. Our defensive line, linebackers, and secondary all missed tackles. We couldn't tackle the backup QB on a couple gadget plays where we had him. Our linebackers took some terrible angles at Kamara and let him get 10+ yards on short passes. Our entire secondary missed tackles. Poole and Alford couldn't bring down Brees. Thomas took Trufant for a ride several times. Richards was exactly what every Pats fan said about him. I don't see how the Falcons can move forward with him as a starting safety. I hope Dan Quinn is just trying to instill confidence in the team with his comments because we need help at the safety position. Even if you think Richards is the guy, what happens if another guy gets hurt?

At the end of the day, it really was a piss poor performance by the entire defense. Probably one of the worst I have seen since the Mike Smith era. Let's hope it is a fluke and we get back to our old ways.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:41 PM, osiruz said:

No offense but Trufant is one of the softest cbs in the league and is made of cotton. Dude got abused today playing that ******** off technique and allowing Thomas to drag him all over the place and have his way with him.

Trufant is a straight p***y !!! He hesitates and avoids contact, we need a lot more from him for that contract he just got! 

Da_Truth likes this

2 hours ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

"Not have to worry about a CB" is a stretch. It's clear our CB's lack physicality and it costs us game in and game out. Michael Thomas embarrasses Trufant/Alford/Poole/[insert CB here] every time we play them. 

From a pass rusher standpoint I like what I've seen from Takk. Him not playing yesterday proved more of a factor in the pass rush than people think.

No it’s not a stretch, this fan base is just not used to seeing all star Safeties in this team and don’t know how they affect every position. It’s ok though. We have a move coming up soon, I just hope we don’t get cold feet at the alter

On 9/24/2018 at 10:51 AM, TheFatboi said:

Cause these knew rules got em scared to hit qb’s now. I was there. The play happened right in front of me. Both Poole and Alf hesitated to hit brees instead of just wrecking him. 

Yeah I didn't get why they hesitated outside the pocket the QB is like anyone else fair game.I so wanted someone to really put a lick on Brees but no he made them look stupid.

:shrug:.

Vandy likes this

9 hours ago, #1ATLFALCONSFAN said:

Just stop it. We have some of the best corners in the league. 

Team right now is weak at safety. Fix that, and entire defense will look different.

On 9/23/2018 at 6:51 PM, TheFatboi said:

Rules don't apply to QB if they become runners ( unless they give themselves up).  Brees was a runner and sure didn't give himself up.  This was the time to light him up.  But no, we still can't tackle for dog poo AND there are no consequences for the lack of and high number of missed tackles.  DQ running a Country Club in Flowery Branch.

42 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

:lol: you're kidding right?  Trufant is getting worse.  He's avoiding contact like it's the plague.

Yep go pull up the run in the 4th quarter where they tied. He easy supposed to tackle Kamara but ended up making a business decision.

Da_Truth likes this