lju713

This D needs a alpha at CB

91 posts in this topic

Just now, Knight of God said:

I would give Kikaha a go

Dimitroff had been asleep at the wheel since the off season. He has always been slow to react because he is too worried about having cap space next year to keep our core. This was actually the season to make the splash and he missed twice. Now we're paying for it.

Every nfl season is different. You can never have enough quality depth when you are already fielding a strong enough roster. 

15 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Trufant has been tackling good

Just say you're in love with Trufant.  Anyone with two eyes can see he doesn't belong on an NFL field...scared to tackle, can't cover, plays 10 yards off the man.  He's five yards in the end zone when the Saints have the ball on the one yard line.  No wonder when he makes contact with the opponent they're already in the end zone.

17 minutes ago, kirbyr said:

I don't know how you can like Poole

Really? He had a rough gm but he has made plays for us. Brooks Reed knifed in side on the play and there was nothing but green grass. I get it he tried to make a play but our pass rush is terrible.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

19 minutes ago, osiruz said:

No offense but Trufant is one of the softest cbs in the league and is made of cotton. Dude got abused today playing that ******** off technique and allowing Thomas to drag him all over the place and have his way with him.

Trufant was and is badly over rated.  He had all those "shut down" seasons because the rest of the secondary was trash.  Alford is the best of the bunch and I really like him.  He is our #1 CB,  Poole came on in 2016 and he is decent as a #3 or nickel he had some bad play today, but it looked to me like he was trying to win the game himself.  Tru, was overpaid and now that QB's are throwing to his man, his true colors are coming out.  An average CB and #2 at best.  Best thing the Falcon's can do is move him to the #2 CB position and get a pass rush.  Then he will do well.  Until then, expect him to get burned a couple of times a game and to wuss out on run support and tackling.

#1ATLFALCONSFAN likes this

No **** Keanu would've hit harder than Poole/Tru/... anyone else in the secondary. That's kinda what he gets paid to do.. be an enforcer. Poole can hit too. He just whiffed.

If the team is Charmin soft it's because it is coming from the head. Remember, team reflects leadership.

Head Coach Daniel Patrick Quinn, the best friend and players' coach of the Atlanta Falcons, needs to instill a culture of discipline and bearing throughout the locker room. Yes, the offense played light out today. Yes, the defense is missing several key starters and playmakers. However, there still exists some undisciplined football. . . . undisciplined football that lost the game today. Forget a Drew Brees. This was our game to win (or lose). Simple tackling would have won this game. Better clock management and decision making in high pressure, high stress moments would have won this game. 

Forget the rah rah stuff, drop the bro culture crap, and strap up and play some disciplined football. None of this high fiving and celebrating after every little play. Stop with the dumb, undisciplined penalties and chew some *** when they happen. None of this best friend/players' coach crap. 

Flying Falcon likes this

9 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

That pissed me off more than any other play. 

We will see that play for YEARS. Classic divisional shootout with 1st ballot HOF Drew Brees coming out on top. If the Saints do anything this season that will be a major turning point/highlight.

Kaptain Krazy likes this

Guys lets just let it goo...we are not mentally tough. 

We had plethora of opportunities to close this one out...we didnt 

Credit to NO they were more desperate and made key plays when it was time .....I guess Superbowl in your back pocket does help you to find gadget plays and execute them at high level.

Saints have 4 players who always beat us.

BREES

CAMERON JORDAN

KAMARA

THOMAS

Theres NOTHING we can or will do take these guys out. 

NOTHING!!!! 

EMBRACE THE SUCK!!

Edited by mattyicefalcon

Just now, mattyicefalcon said:

Guys lets just let it goo...we are not mentally tough. 

We had plethora of opportunities to close this one out...we didnt 

Credit to NO they were more desperate and made key plays when it was time .....I guess Superbowl in your back pocket does help you to find gadget plays and execute them at high level.

Saints have 4 players who always beat us.

BREES

CAMERON JORDAN

KAMARA

THOMAS

Theres NOTHING we can or will do take these guys out. 

NOTHING!!!! 

EMBRACE THE SUCK!!

Don't forget Benjamin Watson lmao. I think he sticks around just to kill the Falcons at this point.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

47 minutes ago, Da_Truth said:

Just say you're in love with Trufant.  Anyone with two eyes can see he doesn't belong on an NFL field...scared to tackle, can't cover, plays 10 yards off the man.  He's five yards in the end zone when the Saints have the ball on the one yard line.  No wonder when he makes contact with the opponent they're already in the end zone.

Nope. Not a fan, he’s just been solid until today 

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

How does 39 year old Drew Brees spin out of Poole's tackle. When he is running, you crush him Brian. No question asked.

This pissed me off to no end. With Brees running that should have been a fumble. There is zero excuse, if I were Poole I wouldn't sleep for a week.

28 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Don't forget Benjamin Watson lmao. I think he sticks around just to kill the Falcons at this point.

I counted over 7 BLATANTLY missed TACKLES which could have prevented getting saints 1st down or pts.

Our tackling was straight up GARBAGE!

Coming in to the game SAINTS were locked in on STOPPING the run and they perfectly executed it. We got outclassed right there.

Stats speaks for itself.

Our INABILITY to create TUROVERS woes continues.

Our ABILITY in final few mins BEFORE half time and before end of 4th qtr is SICKENING TO THE CORE!! 

In short, we can't FINISH games or struggle heavily under 2mins to make 1 or 2 game changing plays or coaching play calls.

I have ACCEPTED we are mediocre finesse dome team who plays well in spurts....just like our pseudo GF whos drop dead goegeous but, bimbo enough to put that ring on! 

Just super livid at the moment....letting these swanp rats come in and win like this.

kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

I see the impact Denzel Ward has made on Cleveland, we need a dog like at CB. Tru is soft and his time here is coming to a end. He has that finesse, west coast feel to his game. He need to deal his *** in the off-season.

Flying Falcon likes this

12 hours ago, osiruz said:

No offense but Trufant is one of the softest cbs in the league and is made of cotton. Dude got abused today playing that ******** off technique and allowing Thomas to drag him all over the place and have his way with him.

A lot of guys to point at, but I thought Tru tackled fine. Funny you guys wanting to point fingers at Tru after Poole and Alf had such a poor game tackling against saints. 

22 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

Known this guy for a long time. @Knight of Goddoesn’t ‘love’ any players. 

12 hours ago, Da_Truth said:

This team lacks overall toughness and aggressiveness.  Too many let themselves be held with no fighting off the opponent.  Falcons are getting bullied on defense.

Fast and physical. That is what Quinn said,  that's what he said .

Da_Truth likes this

2 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Coulda had Kendricks. Give a 2nd and Beasley for Thomas.  Call it a day. 

Wanted Kendricks before learning he can possibly get locked up. I don't agree with part time rentals at all. which is why i'm against trading for Thomas. Great player but not worth what they want for how long he will be around. Peeps saying no to Bowman and other veteran free agents need to realize what is there outside of Campbell isn't the answer right now.