Jump to content

Has our window slammed shut?


AKFalcon72
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Thanks for pretty much making my point. Only 2 things that matter imo for us - 1) have to get healthy - can’t afford any more loss 2) Sark has to keep this up. Hopefully it’s not a mirage like Fitzmagic 

That would make Matt the mirage and not sark based on your example. The qb pulls the trigger. Players play and coaches coach. When players execute the game plan you tend to get great results. And that happens when players buy in to what the coach is selling. They bout into kyles system 4 seasons ago. Sark is running a system they already believe in. HE just had to learn IT and his players. Took Kyle 2 seasons to do that as well. Takes every new OC at least 2 seasons to really get in tune with his players and vice versa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.  It slammed shut so hard in Houston it broke this organization for decades!  I was there and said “this organization will never recover from the most embarrassing and historical choke in sports history”!!  Still stand by this statement today and will until they prove me wrong.  I’m not holding my breath......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, quick8 said:

Yes.  It slammed shut so hard in Houston it broke this organization for decades!  I was there and said “this organization will never recover from the most embarrassing and historical choke in sports history”!!  Still stand by this statement today and will until they prove me wrong.  I’m not holding my breath......

Didn’t we make playoffs last year? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

That would make Matt the mirage and not sark based on your example. The qb pulls the trigger. Players play and coaches coach. When players execute the game plan you tend to get great results. And that happens when players buy in to what the coach is selling. They bout into kyles system 4 seasons ago. Sark is running a system they already believe in. HE just had to learn IT and his players. Took Kyle 2 seasons to do that as well. Takes every new OC at least 2 seasons to really get in tune with his players and vice versa

So Sark was a stud last year? Lollllll

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/23/2018 at 5:14 PM, AKFalcon72 said:

Too many injuries on D to overcome.

2016 was our year and we blew it!

I hope you weren’t being serious. It is three games into the season. The 2 losses that we have, 1 was to the defending world champions, and the other was to a lot of people’s Super Bowl favorites in overtime. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, apl2g said:

I hope you weren’t being serious. It is three games into the season. The 2 losses that we have, 1 was to the defending world champions, and the other was to a lot of people’s Super Bowl favorites in overtime. 

Who we should have beat twice....So that Superbowl Champ jargon don't fly with me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Vandy said:

Didn’t we make playoffs last year? 

Did we win the Lombardi?  Your willingness to accept the playoffs as some moral victory after that historical collapse speaks volumes!  The door, windows, and any other structural hole that can be closed has!  The Eagles thank you......smh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, quick8 said:

Did we win the Lombardi?  Your willingness to accept the playoffs as some moral victory after that historical collapse speaks volumes!  The door, windows, and any other structural hole that can be closed has!  The Eagles thank you......smh

You said we’d never recover, yet Falcons were only NFC to return to playoffs the next season. So you were wrong.

And I have absolutely nothing to do with what happens in playoffs, you big dummy. And here’s a secret for ya.....you don’t either.

Selah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

You said we’d never recover, yet Falcons were only NFC to return to playoffs the next season. So you were wrong.

And I have absolutely nothing to do with what happens in playoffs, you big dummy. And here’s a secret for ya.....you don’t either.

Selah.

Bless it.  Her got her little feelings hurt by the truth!  Way to go you little girl!  If second is ok with your soft self then that’s on you lady.  You small dummy.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sorry. Just saw this topic on 9/30.    Life and NFL football are not equations.   Lots of things can still happen.  Is the defense good?  No.  Can the OL push an opposing DL back a yard or two to get a 1st down?  No. not when DQ/SS  can find an alternative (ugh!).   But there is a good deal of games left to be played and no-one. not even a self serving self-promoting false prophet football t*rd know what is going to transpire.  

So enjoy the games.  Agonize over some of the play calls like I do (though I do not profess to know better than Sark or Manuel, do any of you think you're better than these professionals?), and

 

Be A Fan!

Edited by falcoatlantae
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2018 at 5:05 PM, slickgadawg said:

I agree that it gets negative.  Remember though, some of us have been fans since the 1960s, some since the 1970s and so on. It gets frustrating.  Do you know how MANY TIMES I've seen this franchise rebuild from the ground up or at least halfway? It gets to the point to where some of us don't care WHO the Falcons sign.  

One more thing, after the Falcons lost that Superbowl 28-3 it AFFECTED the players. It had to.  Last season they weren't as focused as they were coming into this season.  Now that the injuries have hit, the chance to get back to the Superbowl has been extended to 3, possibly 4 seasons POST their Superbowl appearance against the Patriots.  When we lost in 1998, the feeling was we would be right back in 1999. Didn't happen until 2016.  Nothing is guaranteed so yes, we can see that window closing again...

Honestly, if you've been a fan since the 60s and you arent dispassionate enough to let this stuff slide by now, I'm not sure what to tell you. I only go back to 91 and I learned quickly the dangers of this franchise and getting ahead of yourself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...