Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caponine

Sark Saw It FirstHand .....

218 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, caponine said:

There were 3 or 4 drives that made no sense , the one before half , thats on sark and quinn. Another where he had no rb on the field and that lead to a fumble  and a blocked punt, 1st drive of game they came out trying to be cute too early. First drive was awful. Etc. just saying there some bad drives in there too. There were even guys in this thread that were calling out Sark but they’re wishy washy so im not gonna say any names. 

Mate his biggest issue coming into the year was red zone offense your taking a narrative and running with it.The offense the last 2 games has been diverse and spread everyone is getting touches.

68 or so points in 2 games and the OC with good enough play even though inconsistent in spots yesterday has come alive.

What else are you expecting from Sark.You can call some of the play calling what you like but if this is what the Falcons have to look foward to it will take a heap of pressure off a already stressed defense.

Ergo Proxy likes this

14 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I just have to add that I’m just catching Poole with the pointless roughing passer penalty. (Don’t get to see games live due to schedule this year so catch replays)

He extended their drive which lead to a FG and wasted a great tackle for a loss of 3 on their screen. Would’ve ended their drive.

Poole has one terrible freaking game today.

Tell you what I found unacceptable Ergo was Alford and Pooles tackling on there TDs basically gave the Aints 14 points right there.

Especially disappointed in Poole he's normally very reliable in the tackling stakes and just had an off day I guess.

If this is what the defense is going to look like we can control fundamentals like tackling.I think once these guys see the film a few fires will be lit under there behinds this week.

Ergo Proxy likes this

29 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Tell you what I found unacceptable Ergo was Alford and Pooles tackling on there TDs basically gave the Aints 14 points right there.

Especially disappointed in Poole he's normally very reliable in the tackling stakes and just had an off day I guess.

If this is what the defense is going to look like we can control fundamentals like tackling.I think once these guys see the film a few fires will be lit under there behinds this week.

I agree. This is one of those weeks and situations that some guys played below their own standard. Those 2 plays did cost 14 points and Foye missed his block to allow a P block/short field TD.

That's 21 points over OUR OWN mistakes. All without a pass rush.

Quinn and Manuel need their mettle tested in bringing a unit together. Gotta hope Shelby and Takk make a difference along the LOS coming back. We need a SS and some LB help before Debo returns, IMO. We can't rely on Ish as the backup. Dewey? Really? Maybe...Hopefully when Debo returns we have Riley worked out the mental cobwebs or Foye surpassing him...

kiwifalcon likes this

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

I agree. This is one of those weeks and situations that some guys played below their own standard. Those 2 plays did cost 14 points and Foye missed his block to allow a P block/short field TD.

That's 21 points over OUR OWN mistakes. All without a pass rush.

Manuels got a tough month of football ahead with this defense losing Rico yesterday is another issue more on the communication side of things.You could see in spots yesterday we were struggling to get lined up at the snap.

2 starting safeties and our MLBer yikes patchwork quilt coming right up.

Dont know how Manuel or DQ fix this one.

Ergo Proxy likes this

22 hours ago, The Closer said:

Blame DQ and Manuel for the atrocious defense against Brees & Co.

They only had to scheme to stop 3 people...and they went 0-3. lol <_<

11 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Manuels got a tough month of football ahead with this defense losing Rico yesterday is another issue more on the communication side of things.You could see in spots yesterday we were struggling to get lined up at the snap.

2 starting safeties and our MLBer yikes patchwork quilt coming right up.

Dont know how Manuel or DQ fix this one.

Well for starters it was more about the saints game plan than anything Manuel and the defense did. They threw looks that we didn’t know about and didn’t see on film. They confused the defense yesterday. That has a quick strike dink and dunk game plan. Good thing is we don’t have to see see the Saints each week. So how do we fix this? You move Kazee to FS. Start Richards or Ish at SS and bring somebody up from PS as well as sign a guy familiar with the system if possible. It’s basically 2016 all over again. A bunch of rookies everywhere. As the season progresses they’ll get better. By the backend of the season Debo will be back and we should be healthier. The offense just has to keep producing. Manuel is gonna have to get creative up front. And I haven’t been seeing any stunts. We need to get back to stunts. 

14 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

They only had to scheme to stop 3 people...and they went 0-3. lol <_<

If the saints showed what they schemed on film it would’ve been better. The saints caught us off guard with that game plan and confused the defense. It wasn’t about scheming for 3 ppl. It was the looks and tendencies. You scheme based on what a team likes to do and if they show you something new you don’t know how to defend it. Great gameplan for them. They had to do something cause they know their defense can’t keep up with our offense. And we still should’ve won. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

22 hours ago, caponine said:

and still didnt use it.. The saints killed us with Alvin Kamara which most of us predicted was gonna happen but we didnt thrown any creative passes to Coleman in the 2nd half besides the td pass . It’s becoming annoying how sark just runs our rbs into a wall repeatedly , i want to see more passes to the rbs as an extension to the run. Even when freeman comes back Freeman i prefer him catching passes more as oppose to getting more beat up by carrying 20 times a game. Use all 3 in the passing game like wtf. This was the perfect game for Coleman and Ito to rack up receiving yardage. Smh 

Even with how the offense did u still manage to moan and complain it lol some of you make me laugh 

5 minutes ago, RoddyWhite84 said:

Even with how the offense did u still manage to moan and complain it lol some of you make me laugh 

we left points out there on the field so yeahhh , instead of a fg , if they score a td. Score is 43-44.   You can say whatever you want but points were left out on the field 

You know what?  Some people here just flat out don't like Sarkisian.  The guy is a GREAT offensive coordinator and some people are saying he LEFT points on the field after scoring 37. The  MAJORITY of the other general managers in the league would give a draft pick RIGHT NOW to have him as their offensive coordinator.  You guys should see what the other teams in the league are working with...

1 minute ago, caponine said:

we left points out there on the field so yeahhh , instead of a fg , if they score a td. Score is 43-44.  You can say whatever you want but points were left out on the field 

People are saying the offense played well and it did.  95% of the time our offensive effort was an A+ and no further discussion needed by what we saw.  The problem is we lost, so they scored more points than us.  Our defense came into the game minus three starters (including two pro-bowlers) and a valuable rotational player.  Every drive was going to matter.  Instead of us trying to control the game a little better we decided to get into a shoot out with the Saints.  I hate the Saints, but you don't get into a scoring match against Bree's and Payton.  It's like starting a ground war in Asia.  Just don't do it.  Yet some people think that us scoring 37 and losing is okay, because well, the defense was bad.  One of the biggest indicators of a team winning when they have a lead is ball control in the last four minutes of a half.  We did a very poor job at the end of both halves and we lost.  You don't just start controlling the ball the last four minutes, you have to set it up during the game.  My point has been that Sark was happy just scoring a bunch of points and not attempting to do something different to control the ball and clock at the ends of the halves.  So, yeah!!!!   We scored 37 points.  But we lost.  Most of that is on our inability to tackle.  But, all we needed to do was control the ball at the end of one half, particularly the second half, and we would have won.  Team sport.

caponine likes this

30 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Well for starters it was more about the saints game plan than anything Manuel and the defense did. They threw looks that we didn’t know about and didn’t see on film. They confused the defense yesterday. That has a quick strike dink and dunk game plan. Good thing is we don’t have to see see the Saints each week. So how do we fix this? You move Kazee to FS. Start Richards or Ish at SS and bring somebody up from PS as well as sign a guy familiar with the system if possible. It’s basically 2016 all over again. A bunch of rookies everywhere. As the season progresses they’ll get better. By the backend of the season Debo will be back and we should be healthier. The offense just has to keep producing. Manuel is gonna have to get creative up front. And I haven’t been seeing any stunts. We need to get back to stunts. 

Love the post, bro. 

Listening to Quinn show right now:

Tackling concern to rear it's head 3 weeks in. We expect to get better on D and we will. Then, pointedly said our pass rush MUST improve to play our Cover-3 look. Relies on the front 4.

Quinn is focused as a leader. These boards are so bipolar. We had our D developed and ready, but injuries hit and now we want to kick our coaches when we need to believe in them the most? Screw these faithless losers.

TheFatboi likes this

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Love the post, bro. 

Listening to Quinn show right now:

Tackling concern to rear it's head 3 weeks in. We expect to get better on D and we will. Then, pointedly said our pass rush MUST improve to play our Cover-3 look. Relies on the front 4.

Quinn is focused as a leader. These boards are so bipolar. We had our D developed and ready, but injuries hit and now we want to kick our coaches when we need to believe in them to most? Screw these faithless losers.

Bro it’s never as bad as it seems and it’s never as good as ppl say. It’s always somewhere in the middle. I ain’t worried one bit. Kazee can handle FS. Ish can handle SS but after 3 weeks Richards May be up to the task. I still feel had it not been the saints yesterday the defense would’ve played decent. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

29 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

If the saints showed what they schemed on film it would’ve been better. The saints caught us off guard with that game plan and confused the defense. It wasn’t about scheming for 3 ppl. It was the looks and tendencies. You scheme based on what a team likes to do and if they show you something new you don’t know how to defend it. Great gameplan for them. They had to do something cause they know their defense can’t keep up with our offense. And we still should’ve won. 

You bet your *** our D is going to get coached up and will learn from this. I'm not quitting on these boys. Our SB year the D came along. We gonna get Takk/Shelby/Debo back at some point. Foye/Duke gonna get the on the job training like no other. Get us a pass rush and a capable SS. I belive in Kazee. Oliver is back, we just need 2 things moving forward:

Pass rush and tackling in space.

Other than that complete blooper blunder right before Halftime, Sark actually called a really good solid game.

I didnt like the toss-pitch run plays all the time, but we couldnt run at all between the tackles so i got that.

Otherwise it was as good as a game ive seen Sark call. I give Sark a solid "B" on playcalling this game. Almost a "B+" but not quite because of the first half screw up. But not bad. We scored 37 points. What more should it take right?

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Bro it’s never as bad as it seems and it’s never as good as ppl say. It’s always somewhere in the middle. I ain’t worried one bit. Kazee can handle FS. Ish can handle SS but after 3 weeks Richards May be up to the task. I still feel had it not been the saints yesterday the defense would’ve played decent. 

Exactly. What offense is going to attack us better than the Saints moving forward? Exploits and mind games with explosive receivers and RB as a pass catcher?

People act like this schedule look intimidating. Every single game on this remaining schedule is winnable:sch.JPG.0cf67de8d6b2925fd94e1b5580506aa5.JPG

Honestly I saw this coming a mile away.  We are still going to have people who will crap on Sark no matter the outcome.  We put up over 34 points per game in the last two after people complained that he was the reason for the PHI game loss, and he STILL is given all the crap for NOT scoring enough.  Red Zone issues, lets go 8/9...."not good enough," Matt Ryan isn't scoring points, 9 touchdowns in 2 games, "not good enough" 

The way I see it, fans on here are seriously looking to blowout madden type games, and of course ALL fans would love that, but we have got to be at least a little realistic.  People clamoring for Sark's head and his release from the team are now just looking for things to bicker at, but can't come to the admission that injuries to this defense have kept us from playing those types of games.  Most of us saw that this year's team would have a top 10, top 5 defense and it would be the Offense and Sark's "pathetic" play calling, holding us back.  But at least we can show already after 3 games, we have the ability to score on ANYONE, we just have to work with the issues of injuries (which no one can ever account for until they happen) and find a way to put it all together.  We have done it before when we lost Tru, when we lost Julio, and so forth.  

I have faith in this organization and anyone else that is a fan should too, or else why would you watch the games?  IDK guys I'm just saying this season is important of course, but there has to be a time when people start to realize that some things are out of people's control and it takes time to adjust to things accordingly.  I feel this defense can make it work.  Kazee will switch to FS like everyone was demanding in the offseason when the complaints for Allen to be let go were in play.  We can pull through this, it is just going to take a team effort and everyone backing them like we have for however many years you've been a fan.  

I love this team and as much as it gets stressful to watch, I wouldn't trade it for any other team and any other SB win EVER!

On 9/23/2018 at 5:13 PM, athell said:

Any blame on the offense, players, coordinators, is misguided.  This one is all on the defense.

I defer a bit on this one.... We KNEW  we were gonna have to outscore them and we didn't.  What team in the NFL could with stand this many injuries to their defense and still figure to hold a good O down?Last team that had the ball WAS going to win.  We had it with 1: 15 left all we needed was field goal.