caponine

Sark Saw It FirstHand .....

219 posts in this topic

Just now, red falcon said:

When i saw him go down i just dropped my head. Did you see all the confusion after he left? I know we got a lot of new guys in but does anyone else pay attention during the meetings? Smh.

Rico goes down, no debo or neal, my expectations have fallen really far. Not to mention lack of pass rush and a hot or cold offensive line. A lot to overcome. 

Mine dropped too. I still think we’re good. Sean Payton has a helluva game plan today. They were confused even with Allen in the game. He threw a lot of wrinkles at them today. Stuff that they haven’t seen on film so I’m not worried YET! I think we bounce back next week. I also think once we get healthier down the stretch we will be hard to deal with. We’ll get everybody back except Neal. Freeman was also missed today on inside running. 

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Mine dropped too. I still think we’re good. Sean Payton has a helluva game plan today. They were confused even with Allen in the game. He threw a lot of wrinkles at them today. Stuff that they haven’t seen on film so I’m not worried YET! I think we bounce back next week. I also think once we get healthier down the stretch we will be hard to deal with. We’ll get everybody back except Neal. Freeman was also missed today on inside running. 

Jones will help with the pass rush, **** all aspects of the defense. Whats your take on our offensive line? I agree i love coleman he missed that block though. Our line got worked today i think 

1 hour ago, athell said:

Any blame on the offense, players, coordinators, is misguided.  This one is all on the defense.

And our very special teams. 

17 minutes ago, caponine said:

he’s our best defensive player so i agree but i also think we need freeman back. This bengals game has his name written all over it. Idk if coleman can have much success, coleman still need to work on somethings and simple things 

We need Free too. Just outside of the OL I'm not too worried about our offense 

11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

I don't think Allen will be back

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

We need Free too. Just outside of the OL I'm not too worried about our offense 

bengals and steelers are two physical and hard nosed teams. Now im not saying throw Freeman back out there because there not , Coleman will start and Free will back him up but just. him being him out there,  is what will help us run the ball. Freeman is vital, his running style and nahh me either well if all parts come together our offense will be, gotta get that run game going though 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

bengals and steelers are two physical and hard nosed teams. Now im not saying throw Freeman back out there because there not , Coleman will start and Free will back him up but just. him being him out there,  is what will help us run the ball. Freeman is vital, his running style and nahh me either well if all parts come together our offense will be, gotta get that run game going though 

True. Run game has to get back to last week. Very important 

caponine likes this

2 hours ago, caponine said:

and still didnt use it.. The saints killed us with Alvin Kamara which most of us predicted was gonna happen but we didnt thrown any creative passes to Coleman in the 2nd half besides the td pass . It’s becoming annoying how sark just runs our rbs into a wall repeatedly , i want to see more passes to the rbs as an extension to the run. Even when freeman comes back Freeman i prefer him catching passes more as oppose to getting more beat up by carrying 20 times a game. Use all 3 in the passing game like wtf. This was the perfect game for Coleman and Ito to rack up receiving yardage. Smh 

This game is a great example of a really poorly called and planned game, when the team executes.  We should have scored 60 the way the Saints sold out for the run all game long.  That was some of the stupidest play calling I have seen in a long time.  The players did what they needed to do (on offense) to win, but the defense and OC totally let them down.

caponine likes this

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

True. Run game has to get back to last week. Very important 

It is especially today, we knew that offense was going to score had to keep them off the field. Coleman cannot be inconsistent , he looked like his old self again. Not being patient, unbalanced , no vision, sloppy style running i was getting mad looking at that. Even though it wasnt alot of yards there were still yards to be had. If Freeman cant go next week, Ryan, Quinn, RB coach , Sark have to tell Coleman running like today is unacceptable

1 hour ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

This game is a great example of a really poorly called and planned game, when the team executes.  We should have scored 60 the way the Saints sold out for the run all game long.  That was some of the stupidest play calling I have seen in a long time.  The players did what they needed to do (on offense) to win, but the defense and OC totally let them down.

we left points out there no doubt thats what i was getting at 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

It is especially today, we knew that offense was going to score had to keep them off the field. Coleman cannot be inconsistent , he looked like his old self again. Not being patient, unbalanced , no vision, sloppy style running i was getting mad looking at that. Even though it wasnt alot of yards there were still yards to be had. If Freeman cant go next week, Ryan, Quinn, RB coach , Sark have to tell Coleman running like today is unacceptable

I agree on Coleman. But he is a one cut runner though. I want the run game to get back on point. But I think it's more of the o line

1 hour ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Might be the dumbest post of the day. Congrats 

TheFatboi, Stryka and Wjcorner like this

39 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I agree on Coleman. But he is a one cut runner though. I want the run game to get back on point. But I think it's more of the o line

ohhh you think so ?? i couldn’t really tell if it was coleman just making a play or the line blocking but i agree. Run game gotta come back next week no matter who playing 

2 minutes ago, caponine said:

ohhh you think so ?? i couldn’t really tell if it was coleman just making a play or the line blocking but i agree. Run game gotta come back next week no matter who playing 

The o line gave him nothing all day. Kinda sad. Those stretch plays weren't working and the toss sweeps were getting us behind the marker

3 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

It kills me that twice at the end of the half the offense failed to put together a scoring drive. DQ needs to start focusing on that as well as game management in general in those two minute situations. Redzone issues are pretty much a thing of the past now that they've been 100% for two weeks straight.

Ryan did a flawless 2 minute drill last week against  the Panthers right before the half.

10 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Ryan did a flawless 2 minute drill last week against  the Panthers right before the half.

Yeah, which is the frustrating part because I thought that's what they were going to do. But for some inexplicable reason DQ picks the worst time to call for a conservative approach when they should have been pushing the ball downfield. There's really no reason why the offense shouldn't have come away with points on their final possession of the first half. Even without Freeman, they have too much firepower not to have at least made it within Bryant's FG range, who is good from 55.

I swear that Super Bowl loss has DQ confused. He's conservative when he should be aggressive and aggressive when he should be conservative. Actually, it's not even about being conservative or aggressive, but just recognizing the situation and seeing the opportunity. They had an opportunity for a HUGE two possession lead and instead it turned into a 3 point swing the other way, which ended up being the difference between a win in regulation and a loss in OT.

Vandy likes this

12 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Yeah, which is the frustrating part because I thought that's what they were going to do. But for some inexplicable reason DQ picks the worst time to call for a conservative approach when they should have been pushing the ball downfield. There's really no reason why the offense shouldn't have come away with points on their final possession of the first half. Even without Freeman, they have too much firepower not to have at least made it within Bryant's FG range, who is good from 55.

I swear that Super Bowl loss has DQ confused. He's conservative when he should be aggressive and aggressive when he should be conservative. Actually, it's not even about being conservative or aggressive, but just recognizing the situation and seeing the opportunity. They had an opportunity for a HUGE two possession lead and instead it turned into a 3 point swing the other way, which ended up being the difference between a win in regulation and a loss in OT.

Should have just run out the clock in the first half, or go for it-throw it to get down the field. He tried to do both and it didn't work. Still 37 points win most games.

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

If we are hovering around .500 when Jones returns we making the playoffs easy imo.

On paper, we should win 3 out of our next 4. That would make us 4-3 at the bye.

youngbloodz likes this

50 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

The o line gave him nothing all day. Kinda sad. Those stretch plays weren't working and the toss sweeps were getting us behind the marker

This has been one of my points in the Tevin vs Free debates.  Tevin needs space to utilize his skillset.  If he has no space, he has no chance.  Freeman makes his own space and his vision erases oline issues.

We need Free pounding the rock and Tevin taking the top off.

youngbloodz likes this

Just now, athell said:

This has been one of my points in the Tevin vs Free debates.  Tevin needs space to utilize his skillset.  If he has no space, he has no chance.  Freeman makes his own space and his vision erases oline issues.

We need Free pounding the rock and Tevin taking the top off.

Good observation. 

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Might be the dumbest post of the day. Congrats 

Hey thank you.  But it still was a terrible game plan.  I'm not saying their weren't some good plays called, but the one thing we had to do was get a run game going against a not very good run defense and we couldn't manage 50 yards on the ground.  Sark had his plays identified and he ran his script and there wasn't a single thing done to adapt to what the Saints were throwing at us.  It is completely negligent to try and get into a scoring battle with the Saints.  But you know, I guess it is dumb to expect the OC to adjust the game plan to try and control the clock.  Just dumb.