Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

caponine

Sark Saw It FirstHand .....

218 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Ryan's 4th TD pass went to Coleman. A screen to Coleman set up Ryan's career high 5th TD pass to Sanu. Just stop it already.

ok ?? whats your point 

13 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

let's not forget 2/2 in 2-pt conversions.

Falcons record in a single game.

Matt Ryan personal record for TD passes in a single game; 5.

There is A LOT OF GOOD out of this game we can build on. Just gotta swallow this injury pill on our Defense and get a rush offense going to protect the D(and our pass protection) more.

We just lost in OVER TIME to a HOF QB when our D was half DEAD and everyone is giving up. LOL!

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Sark came up with 37 offensive points worth of stuff. No we were not one dimensional. Play action was working because we kept them honest by running even tho it wasn’t getting much. You had Coleman in your fantasy team didn’t you? That’s the only way I can see somebody blaming the OC after 37 points. Typically you shouldn’t lose a game scoring 37 points. It’s super rare in the nfl. 

Ryan scored 53 points and Ridley had 43 in fantasy. I know because I'm winning handily this week because of those two. Still bummed out about this loss though, but Ryan and Ridley were special today!

Ergo Proxy and celtiksage like this

7 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Eagles in playoffs vs us case in point.

I still want to redo that stupid play Coleman IGNORES the potentially blitzing LB on our last drive in 4Q.

We should've moved the ball and gotten in FG range to win in regulation.

Imagine if we had a run game like NO did this game. Kamera dump off passes all game...we don't have the dump off option consistently as the OP is trying to say.

The only difference? Our pass rush doesn't force them to use a back to help in protection. ZZZ!!

Yeah our interior offensive line is starting to worry me again. I even saw Mack, who is normally lights out, get bullied right back into Matt’s lap on one play.

And pass rush? I don’t even wanna talk about the pass rush right. I was just starting to calm down.

And exactly about the dump-offs. It’s not like all of Kamara’s receptions were him out there running patterns. He was the 4th guy in the progression on most of them.

5 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

They should've tried it anyways with a 1:15 left.  I hate when our team is so cautious/apprehensive,  We do it on defense too.  Herm Edwards said it best, "you play to win the game."

I understand the thinking behind Quinn doing what he did, but this is one where I don’t agree. Like @YoungHeezy pointed out, the first run got 8 yards, if the second one hadn’t gotten blown up I think we take our shots. But I’d like to see us come out dealing and trying to get into field goal range at least from the jump. We had the hot hand.

Just now, youngbloodz said:

You constantly scream about it. When people talked about why we lost you conveniently brought up Free missing his block. But yet I haven't seen you mentioned Teco missing his. Agenda much? But yet you call out Sark but not Teco. So obvious. Just own it and say you're bias

but there’s already guys that have that handled though, some of you guys didnt call out freeman. Just saying 

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

ok ?? whats your point 

Your whole spiel about Sark not using Coleman properly is hogwash, that's the point.

Offense was 100% in the redzone today (for the second straight week), including 2/2 on 2pt conversions. This is NOT the day to be complaining about offense or Sark, except on the last possession of the first half, which I blame more on DQ. Oh yeah, and Coleman missed a blitz pickup on 3rd down which should have been a first down completion to Sanu on the drive to end the game in regulation.

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 minute ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

Yeah our interior offensive line is starting to worry me again. I even saw Mack, who is normally lights out, get bullied right back into Matt’s lap on one play.

And pass rush? I don’t even wanna talk about the pass rush right. I was just starting to calm down.

And exactly about the dump-offs. It’s not like all of Kamara’s receptions were him out there running patterns. He was the 4th guy in the progression on most of them.

I understand the thinking behind Quinn doing what he did, but this is one where I don’t agree. Like @YoungHeezy pointed out, the first run got 8 yards, if the second one hadn’t gotten blown up I think we take our shots. But I’d like to see us come out dealing and trying to get into field goal range at least from the jump. We had the hot hand.

Yep, and it's the saints, you cannot sit on their offense.  Do you think they would've played cautious there if they had the ball? 

36 minutes ago, athell said:

Any blame on the offense, players, coordinators, is misguided.  This one is all on the defense.

BS. Tevin Coleman missed a blitz pickup(ala Freeman in the SB). Hall was open, too. 1st down there, and we probably get in FG range and win..

Just now, zekeyboy1 said:

BS. Tevin Coleman missed a blitz pickup(ala Freeman in the SB). Hall was open, too. 1st down there, and we probably get in FG range and win..

37 points.

39 minutes ago, athell said:

Any blame on the offense, players, coordinators, is misguided.  This one is all on the defense.

And special teams. We don’t hand them a TD with a blocked punt we win in regulation. 

athell and Stryka like this

Just now, JerseyNo12 said:

Your whole spiel about Sark not using Coleman properly is hogwash, that's the point.

Offense was 100% in the redzone today (for the second straight week), including 2/2 on 2pt conversions. This is NOT the day to be complaining about offense or Sark.

did you see the defense ??? they were gassed !!!! granted i know the offense couldnt help it but alot of guys were litereally missing tackles because of it. It was a fast paced game., you have so many young guys playing in a game like that for only a handful of times.

Vandy likes this

4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Falcons record in a single game.

Matt Ryan personal record for TD passes in a single game; 5.

There is  A LOT OF GOOD out of this game we can build on. Just gotta swallow that D injury pill and get a rush offense going to protect the D more.

We just lost in OVER TIME to a HOF QB when or D was half DEAD and everyone is giving up. LOL!

All True, but you can’t lose these at home. We blew it when we didn’t get into FG range at end of regulation. 

1 minute ago, fuego said:

And special teams. We don’t hand them a TD with a blocked punt we win in regulation. 

Agreed.  I modified my stance to anyone but the offense.

fuego likes this

6 minutes ago, JerseyNo12 said:

Ryan scored 53 points and Ridley had 43 in fantasy. I know because I'm winning handily this week because of those two. Still bummed out about this loss though, but Ryan and Ridley were special today!

I had both of them on my team today as well lol. 

TheeTKOBeatz and No.11 like this

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I saw a lot of people call out Free,Matthews,Quinn,Shanny for that loss

i saw a few call out freeman, it was mainly the people that were already mad with him about the thing days before the SB

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

All True, but you can’t lose these at home. We blew it when we didn’t get into FG range at end of regulation. 

And that was on Coleman for missing the blitz pickup. 

Vandy and No.11 like this

1 minute ago, athell said:

37 points.

We scored 28 in the SB, and lost also.. Coaches/Coleman Shouldve learned from that..Its like they dont practice....****, an idiot knew the Saints were blitzing there..We score there, game over..

Halcon-1 likes this

1 minute ago, zekeyboy1 said:

We scored 28 in the SB, and lost also.. Coaches/Coleman Shouldve learned from that..Its like they dont practice....****, an idiot knew the Saints were blitzing there..We score there, game over..

37 points.

Ergo Proxy likes this

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It kills me that twice at the end of the half the offense failed to put together a scoring drive. DQ needs to start focusing on that as well as game management in general in those two minute situations. Redzone issues are pretty much a thing of the past now that they've been 100% for two weeks straight.

39 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Obviously,  we are not lucky to have best of both.

Cursed!!

Embrace the suck....and lets hope we get high draft pick.

I still think we'll make some moves and end up being ok. Kazee can step in for Rico and we just need to cut Richards and sign the best available guy we can. Takk will be back soon and the D will look a lot better than today. Bet on it

Only a stupid moron blames Sark.

If you wanna hate, hate the fkg saints.

I don’t know how much more agony I can take with this team.  

It’s just too gut wrenching. It’s a combination of anger & heartbreak that seems to always plague our teams.

It’s nearly unbearable to witness this anymore.  Clearly I take this chit much too seriously & that’s part of my problem I guess. :shrug:

No.11 and Ergo Proxy like this

11 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, and it's the saints, you cannot sit on their offense.  Do you think they would've played cautious there if they had the ball? 

Well, to be fair it was KIND'VE weird they didn't take shots with 2 timeouts and 16 seconds to go in regulation.

But the fact that their decision to end regulation is somewhat surprising, okay yeah we should've tried to get a FG before half-time with over a minute left. lol

3 minutes ago, zekeyboy1 said:

The coaches knew. Matt knew. Everybody knew. Matt called hot to Coleman. Coleman missed the block. Matt cursed his @ss out after that.