Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mqg96

I haven't been less mad about a Saints loss in a long time.

80 posts in this topic

Just now, mqg96 said:

I don't know who you are, but are you a Saints fan? 

You must be a fairweather fan. Green bay won the Superbowl with a decimated team full of injuries and **** the Eagles won with a backup quarterback and beat Tom Brady. Anything is possible 

9 minutes ago, MantiTeo'sGirlfriend said:

Mediocre? Teo is their 2nd best LB, Peat is a stud OG, Ingram is a pro bowl RB, Davison, ill give u that one...

you're an idiot. 

Teo Sucks, the 2nd best LB on a team of ****** LB's. Peat is a swing lineman and isn't critical to making their offense work, and they still had their best RB.

Like I said,  none of those guys are as important to them as Neal and Jones are to us. 

Edited by RubberDucky

3 minutes ago, ssj5gal said:

You must be a fairweather fan. Green bay won the Superbowl with a decimated team full of injuries and **** the Eagles won with a backup quarterback and beat Tom Brady. Anything is possible 

The 2010 Packers and the 2017 Eagles both went 2-2 in the preseason, so those teams had a lot of good depth, unlike the Falcons who were poor at depth in our horrible 0-4 preseason campaign with margins of losses worse than last year's 0-4 preseason, and our lack of depth at the D-line and pass rush has carried on. The Falcons don't have the depth to make a Super Bowl run this year, so yes, injuries did cost us the game against the Saints, but it's not just any injuries, it's happening to the Falcons ABSOLUTE BEST AND GAME CHANGING guys. When you lose game changers and pro bowlers off your defense, what do you expect? 

NoTalentAssClown likes this

2 hours ago, Kevo said:

Baton Rouge?!

You know....where LSU plays. Our "other" team is considerably better than the crippled unit we trotted out there today.

6 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

Unfortunately the Saints are built just like us. Trash defense, superior offense. I trust Payton and Brees more when the game is on the line. When Matt couldn't get us in FG range at the end of the 4th, I knew we had lost. 1st ballot HFer vs ......Matt Ryan.

They aren't built like us. We have a killer defense when not missing 5 starters. Saints have a garbage defense with all their starters.

6 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

I don't man. I'd been on board with this BEFORE the game. The fact that we should have won the game with better decisions to close out the first half and just doing your job on STs to prevent the blocked punt negates all of this. 

If I am a Saints fan, though, I'd be happy with the win because it is a win but I wouldn't feel good going forward seeing as how my defense gave up 37 points (while giving up an avg. of 34 ppg) and going toe for toe with a team missing several key starters and huge playmakers on their defense.

In any event, we had a chance and we should have won this game.

As fans, we always assume that if you remove one bad circumstance, the entire rest of the game would still play out exactly like it did with the existence of that bad thing. That is a really weak assumption imho. For instance, maybe we open the 2nd half differently with a lead?  Maybe the play calls for the Saints change? Maybe the urgency created by trailing at the half improved the level of offensive execution?

The point is,if you take one score of the board, you should never assume that the rest of the game would go unchanged. If you change the sequence, everything that happened after it is in question. 

Halcon-1 likes this

agreed, Payton loves sticking that woody us and down our best pass rusher, run stopper andd starting MLB and SS, with a second year struggling MLB and a rookie WLB what did we expect? then Allen goes down right at halftime? the football gods REALLY hate us

7 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Teo Sucks, the 2nd best LB on a team of ****** LB's. Peat is a swing lineman and isn't critical to making their offense work, and they still had their best RB.

Like I said,  none of those guys are as important to them as Neal and Jones are to us. 

LMAO, I can tell you don’t watch much football outside of the Falcons.

Peat a swing lineman? LOOOOOL, the only swinging he does is swinging to tackle when Armstead is out. Our starting guard is a better tackle than both y’all starting tackles. Just stop please; you’re embarrassing yourself, dude.

7 hours ago, Kevo said:

Baton Rouge?!

Yeah, you didn’t hear? Because of the NFL’s sympathy, we have to play half our home games in Baton Rouge again and the Führer Goodell will graciously gift us another Super Bowl victory 4 years later. You mustn’t be on the mailing list.

4 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

You know....where LSU plays. Our "other" team is considerably better than the crippled unit we trotted out there today.

I couldn’t give a single **** about LSU even if I honestly tried to. I hope they get blown out every single game and never win another game for all I care. :lol:

Kevo and MantiTeo'sGirlfriend like this

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

LMAO, I can tell you don’t watch much football outside of the Falcons.

Peat a swing lineman? LOOOOOL, the only swinging he does is swinging to tackle when Armstead is out. Our starting guard is a better tackle than both y’all starting tackles. Just stop please; you’re embarrassing yourself, dude.

Andrus Peat is Mediocre at his best and poor at his norm. He is consistently your worst graded O-Lineman. Quit trying to pass him off as some kind of stud whose absense is crippling to your team. Swamp rat loser coming on another teams board to talk BS.

13 hours ago, theDIRTYcode said:

I'm pissed....but they beat us without our starting safeties, our all pro MLB, our sack leader, our starting guard,  and still needed overtime. 

**** the Saints.

Yes sir! 

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Andrus Peat is Mediocre at his best and poor at his norm. He is consistently your worst graded O-Lineman. Quit trying to pass him off as some kind of stud whose absense is crippling to your team. Swamp rat loser coming on another teams board to talk BS.

ur out of ur mind, Peat is an absolute monster. And how are u gonna call him a loser when the Saints have a superbowl and won the game yesterday and we don't? At least try and be logical, ur coming off as a kid who didn't get his way. Upset much?

The Saints vastly outplayed us yesterday, take it like a man. 

Edited by MantiTeo'sGirlfriend

17 hours ago, MantiTeo'sGirlfriend said:

don't like the too many injuries excuse, last year the saints had like 8 players on IR and still almost made it to the NFCCG. I just think we aren't that good. 

Yep. The depth that we've all been so proud of is hot garbage. You can throw several of the starters into the refuse pile also, like Tru, Alford, Poole, Beasley, and pretty much the rest of the front 7. This team will have to way over-achieve to be 7-9 this year even with a decent offense.

16 hours ago, MantiTeo'sGirlfriend said:

don't like the too many injuries excuse, last year the saints had like 8 players on IR and still almost made it to the NFCCG. I just think we aren't that good. 

They weren't missing anywhere near the players we were on defense. And this is only three WEEKS into the season.

I'm gonna make a separate post for this.

17 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

They weren't missing anywhere near the players we were on defense. And this is only three WEEKS into the season.

I'm gonna make a separate post for this.

yes they were, just off the top of my head they were missing delvin breaux, vacarro, okafor and others i cant really remember. Regardless i dont like the injuries excuse, have some depth then. 

17 hours ago, Jerz #DukeSZN said:

He's seen it too many times. He was so comfortable today it made me sick.

Speaking of Brees, the one play that will stay burned into my memory of this game is of him standing at about our 5 yard line with two Falcon defenders bearing down on him.

He braces for the blow, but both Falcons just hit and bounce off like he's a block of immovable granite or something. Brees then walks into the end zone with a smirk.

LOL @ this so-called fast and physical defense. It might be fast, but it doesn't even know the meaning of the word "physical." I'm thinking we're more like "fast and friendly" or "fast and allergic."

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

5 minutes ago, MantiTeo'sGirlfriend said:

yes they were, just off the top of my head they were missing delvin breaux, vacarro, okafor and others i cant really remember. Regardless i dont like the injuries excuse, have some depth then. 

Okafor is a backup. Vacarro is a decent starter at absolute best, and a poor one at worst. Breaux isn't even in the league anymore.

We're missing our two best defensive players (both Pro Bowlers), our best pass rusher, our defensive captain in Allen, and then Shelby and Oloukon as depth.

It. Is. Not. Comparable.

Seahawks of 2014 missing ET, Chancellor, Avril, and Wagner are flat out terrible. No depth fixing that.

35 minutes ago, esmithidoc said:

OP lost me at “I think Bucs will win the division” 

They could be 3-0 after tonight against the Steelers. They have played better than any other NFC South team right now early on, and they beat the Saints in New Orleans who we just lost to at home. Also, since 2016, the NFC South team picked to finish last has gone to 1st place and won the division surprisingly. We did it the year we went to the Super Bowl and the Saints did it last year. The Bucs could be the 3rd consecutive NFC South team to do this when nobody believed in them coming into the season. 

The Ricardo allen injury hurts us a lot, but we still have one potentially good safety in kazee. I think if our offense can carry the team until Jones comes back from injury (week 10?) We can still make a playoff push similar to 2016.

14 hours ago, falcndave said:

As fans, we always assume that if you remove one bad circumstance, the entire rest of the game would still play out exactly like it did with the existence of that bad thing. That is a really weak assumption imho. For instance, maybe we open the 2nd half differently with a lead?  Maybe the play calls for the Saints change? Maybe the urgency created by trailing at the half improved the level of offensive execution?

The point is,if you take one score of the board, you should never assume that the rest of the game would go unchanged. If you change the sequence, everything that happened after it is in question. 

Great valid point! You are correct, though. I agree. Perhaps the Falcons take it easy or go conservative. Maybe the Saints change their approach. 

9 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

LMAO, well even if he is mediocre he’s still better than any lineman y’all have that isn’t named Mack. :lol:

And I’m not here to talk BS, I’m here correcting you on your misinformation.

5 hours ago, MantiTeo'sGirlfriend said:

Ingram, Peat, Te’o, Davison, Hendrickson. The first 4 of those are/were starters, Hendrickson is Jordan’s backup. But your point still stands.

Breaux went back to the CFL, Vaccaro is playing for the Titans, and Okafor played (he actually blocked the punt).

5 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Okafor is a backup. Vacarro is a decent starter at absolute best, and a poor one at worst. Breaux isn't even in the league anymore.

We're missing our two best defensive players (both Pro Bowlers), our best pass rusher, our defensive captain in Allen, and then Shelby and Oloukon as depth.

It. Is. Not. Comparable.

Seahawks of 2014 missing ET, Chancellor, Avril, and Wagner are flat out terrible. No depth fixing that.

Okafor is not a backup, LOOOL. He’s our starting RDE until Davenport is ready to take the reigns. Until then, he’s starting and Davenport is getting most of his snaps in relief of him although sometimes they are on the field together.

10 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

LMAO, well even if he is mediocre he’s still better than any lineman y’all have that isn’t named Mack. :lol:

And I’m not here to talk BS, I’m here correcting you on your misinformation.

Ingram, Peat, Te’o, Davison, Hendrickson. The first 4 of those are/were starters, Hendrickson is Jordan’s backup. But your point still stands.

Breaux went back to the CFL, Vaccaro is playing for the Titans, and Okafor played (he actually blocked the punt).

Okafor is not a backup, LOOOL. He’s our starting RDE until Davenport is ready to take the reigns. Until then, he’s starting and Davenport is getting most of his snaps in relief of him although sometimes they are on the field together.

Okafor isn't a backup? Woof. Regardless, dude isn't in the same stratosphere as Takk, and Takk is probably the 4th best defensive player we're missing.

Jordan is better than Takk (by a lot until proven otherwise) but still more comparable. We're down 4 of our 5 best players on defense...what does that look like for your team?