Jimsmusic™

Dan quinn should be on hot seat

152 posts in this topic

Is there really much that he can do with half the defense out? Really?

I guess you can argue there that Quinn has been wrong on some of the picks lately, given that Duke Riley looks like a miss, but still, teams are going to be in a major pickle with half their defense out normally.

The only miss by the coaching staff was to not try to be aggressive to end the first half.

It's unfortunate, because this season is probably over already with the multiple injuries. There was relatively good injury luck for two seasons before that, that luck ran out. Maybe this team manages to hang on at or around .500 until Deion Jones. If so, then perhaps a run is possible. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

13 minutes ago, Jimsmusic™ said:

the same crap keeps happening over and over.

he might be worse than mike smith at time managing and the like

Agree %100!!  Don’t tell me about injuries!  New England has had injuries the last 20 years and overcame them time and again with coaching and depth!!  Quinn is over his head!  Makes his no balls lack of overriding Shannahan in the SB and choking that much more of a kick in the hickies!!!!!  No excuses!!!  I swear   If he says “we knew it was gonna be a battle”, “we knew it was gonna come down to the wire” again ima bust a vessel!!!

Edited by quick8

17 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Injuries killed the defense.

Just about every important piece on the defense is injured now. The unit looked really good when they were healthy.

The defense is just depleted now.

This times a million.  You can't fault the coach on injuries and our DEF is decimated with them. 

Definitely needs to be on the hot seat. it's the same cr@p over and over. Team totally chokes when the game is on the line. The tackling is atrocious, ST's are a joke, team just out of shape and soft. He's another Mora, a rah rah coach. 

Jimsmusic™, Halcon-1 and quick8 like this

5 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

...but are they wrong?

Yes bc M Ryan doesn't suck and while the DEF sucks, it is because of injuries and that is not Quinn's fault. 

Ergo Proxy likes this

28 minutes ago, Steel City Falcon said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Quinn either, but he "led" the team to the Super Bowl two seasons ago. The defense is ravaged by injuries, so they won't hang him out to dry on that. Remember it can always be worse.... Hhhmmm Mike Smith.

Yeah, I'm thinking the 6th best offense of all time had more to do with the Super Bowl appearance than anything Dan Quinn did that year.

robertap likes this

I have been frustrated by some of the coaching decisions over the last couple games as well (time management before the half in this game), but to insinuate that DQ may need to go is absolutely absurd!

I know we can get emotional after a loss, but geez...take a deep breath and look at the state of our team in just year four into his tenure.

Once everyone is healthy again, our window will still be open for at least another couple years (including this year).

I still think DQ is the long term solution as head coach. I’m tired of starting over, and we should try to model the Steelers when it comes to continuity and long term stability at the head coaching position.

I think that will ultimately yield great dividends for us for the foreseeable future, and beyond.

This season will be a grind, but I think we can still salvage the season and potentially gain some quality depth on defense with a lot of our youngsters getting reps on defense, and yes...that includes Duke too.

Edited by Dungeon Family