ryantlanta

It’s going to be a long season with this defense

51 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I won't say we'll be fine with all the injuries we have right now, but we won't be bad. This defense won't give up 40+ points every game, and this offense seems to be in form again. We'll win games, hopefully enough by the time Debo is back. 

i know it won't look so bad later, but

how in H*ll could we let Drew Brees punk our azzes like that?

Does anyone see any playmakers? I don’t.  Minus the obviously D jones which isn’t here.  Granted how well Ridley played that’s why I hated the pick. The Defense is still awful.  I mean, two falcons let drew brees spin move them like he was Barry sanders 

DQ and Marquand Manuel's style of defense is the reason we lost today, & almost last week too. We play too much prevention defense, & not enough Cover 2. And by doing that, we let offenses stay on the field longer, & it wears out our defense. I would like to see us blitz more. We worry about "the deep pass" too much...

Edited by The Closer
Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

We dont have physical press corners. We cant be a hyper aggressive defense. We have to stop the run 1st and without Neal we are in deep ****. We have to get to the QB. Next week Dalton will look good if we dont. 

We are 1-2 and 1-1 in the division. We definitely need more dogs out there. Poole is usually a dog and he made plays today but he gonna kill himself for missing Brees. 

14 minutes ago, Diesel_Bird said:

Does anyone see any playmakers? I don’t.  Minus the obviously D jones which isn’t here.  Granted how well Ridley played that’s why I hated the pick. The Defense is still awful.  I mean, two falcons let drew brees spin move them like he was Barry sanders 

Really, just one player did that. Poole executed the perfect block on Rocky. Nothing Rocky could do.

I don’t understand the tackling issues, that whiff by Poole was most embarrassing thing I’ve seen in my life 

2 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

I don’t think many teams can win with half their defense gone. 

Eagles did, both their offense and defense were decimated.

my point is we whiffed at some players who could be helping us now.

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Who on D was hurt for them? I know Hicks was hurt, but that was basically it. Sidney Jones as well, but he was a rookie. 

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Eagles did.

They had a lot of strong depth from the 2017 off season all the way to the Super Bowl. When you're still a great team with 2 different starting QB's, that's a full team afford. The Falcons over the years can only be competitive with Matt Ryan and weapons on offense with a suspect bend not break defense. 

Edited by mqg96

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

my point is we whiffed at some players who could be helping us now.

Eagles are not the norm. 

5 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Who on D was hurt for them? I know Hicks was hurt, but that was basically it. Sidney Jones as well, but he was a rookie. 

Hicks was a huge loss, every bit as big to them as Debo is to us.

20 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Hicks was a huge loss, every bit as big to them as Debo is to us.

Fair, but Hicks isn’t quite as good as Debo is. They still had their d line in tact as well as their secondary. 

8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Fair, but Hicks isn’t quite as good as Debo is. They still had their d line in tact as well as their secondary. 

But my point is Hicks goes down, they have a good vet player to replace him. Debo goes down, we move board pariah Duke over to his spot and late rounder Foye into Dukes.

No quality depth at LBer. Similar problem last year which causedj us to play Beasley out of position.

Jerz #DukeSZN and Ergo Proxy like this

2 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Depth isn't supposed to start half your lineup on D. Try again.

So I depth doesn't need to grow up? You try again.

8 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

So I depth doesn't need to grow up? You try again.

Right. Every team has 5 guys on the bench that can start on D week 1. 

Not delusional btw.

Just now, Ergo Proxy said:

Right. Every team has 5 guys on the bench that can start on D week 1. 

Not delusional btw.

I didn't say that pimping. What I asked is...do they not have to grow up fast? I acknowledged that they are backups when I called them depth. But that does not excuse all the bad tackling. You tripping like you are looking for a fight. Are you one of those cats?