Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryantlanta

It’s going to be a long season with this defense

51 posts in this topic

This defense needs pass rush and more physicality. obviously Takk helps and the return of Deion does but what Keanu brought in terms of physicality cant be replaced. 

We absolutley have to go shop for a pass rusher. Maybe a disgruntled guy somewhere. We got next to nothing in pressure. Grady had some push but he is the only guy on the DL who can consistently win one on one. 

If Rico is out we are in more trouble. This was a winnable game. Things need to be addressed. 

It's the curse of the last two seasons where we had almost no injuries.  Now the football gods are making us pay. 

2 minutes ago, slick0ne said:

Depth my ***! They are going to have to grow up quick.

cant tackle for chit 

Depth isn't supposed to start half your lineup on D. Try again.

I won't say we'll be fine with all the injuries we have right now, but we won't be bad. This defense won't give up 40+ points every game, and this offense seems to be in form again. We'll win games, hopefully enough by the time Debo is back. 

Amazing how bad this defense has played. Quinn is supposed to be a defensive guru but he can't fins any players to step in with no reservation when injuries occur!! I will be amazed if we make it to 8-8. 

8 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

There was no pass rush besides Beasley's one sack. Need Takk back fast, need some veteran signings at safety. Otherwise get used to giving up 400+ yards of offense every week.

They are still dropping Beasley into coverage. Why? pffffff who knows!

10 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

There was no pass rush besides Beasley's one sack. Need Takk back fast, need some veteran signings at safety. Otherwise get used to giving up 400+ yards of offense every week.

And there’s the problem that started in the offseason.

You need more than 2 guys to rush the passer.

7 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

I need all the Trufant apologists to admit how bad he is. Just be honest about it.

Where was Trufant so bad? 

34 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Best believe I'm gonna watch every second of every game.

These doom and gloomers are so freaking spoiled. I get the frustration, but it's delusional to think 4 starters; 5 key players, on D go down by game 3 and we struggle to stop Drew Brees. Arguable top 5 QB of all-time.

People be T R I P P I N G and no joke we just got 9 TDS; a career high 5 in one game passing for Ryan today, and people giving up.

8 FOR 8 IN THE RED ZONE LAST TWO GAMES!

We just split two games by 1 score; only losing in OVER TIME, to DIVISION RIVALS that we were in a 3 way race with last year for the division. Should've won in Philly and can certainly win on the road if necessary in the playoffs.

We just need a couple guys to step up on D/get some key players back(Takk/Debo)...heck sign Reid if we need to, and a rush offense to come along so we can protect this D and we can beat ANYONE.

CAR and NO are no joke. Philly just won the SB.

We've lost by a combined 10 points in the 2 close games that were losses.

Let's do this. D RISE UP! because our O is back baby.

I'd do every thing I can to move on from Trufant. Dude wants no part of contact and has zero ball skills. The only playmaker we have on defense is out for half the year. The quarterback of the defense is probably out for the year. Going to be a long year for a defense that can't turn the ball over and has a bunch of guys who don't know what they're doing.