• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

We are still looking for that guy vandy. Im gonna say with dbo being out our pass rush is gonna be worse do to our coverage lacking. We need someone on defense to show up in the front 7 today. I have faith in the secondary but they need help up front.

No argument with that take, red. 

27 minutes ago, Falcan Moore said:

1) Armstead isn't a top 3 LT. He's very good, don't get me wrong, but he's in the same realm as Matthews, but with an extensive injury history (ie top 8-12, though Matthews is really balling this year)

2) The talent of the tackle isn't Beasley's big issue, it's their specific skillset. He struggles hard against tackles that move well laterally because he isn't great at converting speed to power.

3) Beasley won't line up on Armstead regardless since he plays LDE (already said this part).

So yeah. Legitimately everything you said was wrong. But let's hope Beasley does well today, because I'm getting sick of the disappearing act too.

Armstead is certainly a top 3 LT. Maybe the top LT in football when he's healthy. However, he won't get that label until he stays on the field without a nagging injury affecting his play. 

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I agree he’s not Mack, but not true he can’t take over a game. He did it several times in 2016.

I just have a hard time evaluating anyone based on that season alone because as we have seen it was clearly special and we may not see it again for us in a long time. Which is why I'll forever be angry about the Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

Armstead is certainly a top 3 LT. Maybe the top LT in football when he's healthy. However, he won't get that label until he stays on the field without a nagging injury affecting his play. 

Yeah that is BS.

He is no where near the top LT when healthy.

This is like the time you tried to paint one of your corners as a shut down corner.....and then the only thing that he and the secondary did was shut down the saints winning season

1 minute ago, Malachore said:

I just have a hard time evaluating anyone based on that season alone because as we have seen it was clearly special and we may not see it again for us in a long time. Which is why I'll forever be angry about the Super Bowl.

You should never evaluate a player on just one season alone. But that season did show what he’s Capable of and that he’s not as bad as this ‘what have you done lately’ board proclaims. 

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You should never evaluate a player on just one season alone. But that season did show what he’s Capable of and that he’s not as bad as this ‘what have you done lately’ board proclaims. 

I feel you man, I certainly think hes better than what we've been seeing but not as good as that year. I would be perfectly happy with the guy if he could get 11 to 12 sacks.

Edited by Malachore
23 minutes ago, saints4life25 said:

Andrew Whitworth? Dave Bakhtiari? (Idk if that's how it's spelled) Jason Peters? Trent Williams? Tyron Smith?

No offense dude, but that's all bias on your part. Not only is being unable to stay healthy a big deal, and something I'd factor into his "ranking," but there's no way he's shown enough in the seasons thus far to say he's better than those guys. 

Having a great 2018 though, no doubt.

52 minutes ago, red falcon said:

We are still looking for that guy vandy. Im gonna say with dbo being out our pass rush is gonna be worse do to our coverage lacking. We need someone on defense to show up in the front 7 today. I have faith in the secondary but they need help up front.

red falcon - “...but they need help up front.”

Grady Jarrett - “Hold my beer...”

lol

2 hours ago, WeDemBirds60 said:

Takk is out marking this a perfect chance for 44 to show his worth. We’re banged up and need someone to step up, This why you draft elite pass rushers right? If he doesn’t show up today I’ll be all for letting him walk in FA 

I completely forgot about Beasley goodness... I got so caught up in Takk that with his injury I’ve pretty much given up hope of a pass rush existing.

Vic has to be schemed into sacks against better RTs. He will face a 1st round pick today. Still....I need them to get Vic involved with stunts and overload some pressure to his side to see if he can make some game changing plays. We are going to need a turnover or 2 today.  He still needs to spend more time working on moves. Its his 4th year. He needs to come around this year. Id say he gets a sack and a FF today. It will be on a delay blitz or stunt. *crosses fingers*. It doesnt help but analyst on NFL Network said Takk was leading league in pressures.  Sigh. Lets go Vic. Lets go Falcons!!