Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WeDemBirds60

Vic Beasley

128 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, WeDemBirds60 said:

Takk is out marking this a perfect chance for 44 to show his worth. We’re banged up and need someone to step up, This why you draft elite pass rushers right? If he doesn’t show up today I’ll be all for letting him walk in FA 

He's going up against Armstead(a top 3 LT) Beasley disappears when he faces elite tackles.

MoFalconsFan56 and ya_boi_j like this

1 minute ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

He's going up against Armstead(a top 3 LT) Beasley disappears when he faces elite tackles.

Not true.

None the less  Vic having an impact would be huge......it would be nice if they stopped dropping him back into coverage 25% of the time

gazoo and falconatic556 like this

2 minutes ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

Agreed that’s why I believe this is great chance for him to prove he’s elite and deserves to get paid. If you disappear against the Aints this ain’t da squad for ya.

8 minutes ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

Wrong for multiple reasons, the largest of which being that Beasley lines up at LDE. He almost never takes snaps against LTs, something even casual fans notice...Mr. "Objective" Elite.

Before the obvious "blah blah why not line up against the LTs guess he sucks" rebuttal, he's a LEO. Which means he (like Von Miller, Khalil Mack, and other speed rushers) almost always lines up on the right tackle.

That being said, Brees isn't a threat to scramble. Beasley needs to be disruptive today, period.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not true.

None the less  Vic having an impact would be huge......it would be nice if they stopped dropping him back into coverage 25% of the time

What's not true?

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Well to paraphrase luke skywalker.....

it is impressive....every word that you said was wrong

Alrighty, that clears that up.

So, how many sacks will Beasley get against the Saints?

I'd be shocked if Beasley makes stats today BUT we may be in luck.  Brees is not a particularly mobile QB and he prefers to step up in the pocket.  Interior pass rush will be more important.  Vic, Brooks, Means and whoever else plays DE needs to keep the side walls intact so that we can box him in for Jarrett, Senat, Crawford and McClain (who has been largely a waste of money so far).

Edited by Monolith2001

He may be a late bloomer like brandon graham. It’d be nice if he was cheap enough to keep for Reeds role and draft a more complete DE. In hopes that he turns on a switch later in his career while keeping a stable of passrushers. 

Most of Beasleys sacks come from coverage and Brees isn't gonna hold onto the ball that long. Imo Beasley won't be a factor today. 

Jarrett imo needs to have a big day up the middle.. Maybe even Senat.. 

Dirtybird3 likes this

3 minutes ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

What's not true?

1) Armstead isn't a top 3 LT. He's very good, don't get me wrong, but he's in the same realm as Matthews, but with an extensive injury history (ie top 8-12, though Matthews is really balling this year)

2) The talent of the tackle isn't Beasley's big issue, it's their specific skillset. He struggles hard against tackles that move well laterally because he isn't great at converting speed to power.

3) Beasley won't line up on Armstead regardless since he plays LDE (already said this part).

So yeah. Legitimately everything you said was wrong. But let's hope Beasley does well today, because I'm getting sick of the disappearing act too.

15 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not true.

What elite has he had success against?

10 minutes ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

Alrighty, that clears that up.

So, how many sacks will Beasley get against the Saints?

No clue......but he does not need sacks to have and impact.

1 minute ago, The Vent King said:

Our best defense will be our offense. Keep fa-breezy off the field otherwise...trouble will ensue.

Fa sho!! We need long drives to keep breezus off the field and tire those man to man corners out. Also cant let brees drive the field definitely need 3 and outs.

Cover 3 and man are both great when you have a pass rush. I hope means brings it today cause im not putting my faith in anyone not named tak

The Vent King likes this

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Tyron Smith comes to mind

When was this and you have to be able to name more than one to say what he said isn’t true. 

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

How soon we all forget...

We are still looking for that guy vandy. Im gonna say with dbo being out our pass rush is gonna be worse do to our coverage lacking. We need someone on defense to show up in the front 7 today. I have faith in the secondary but they need help up front.

Vandy and Stryka like this