Falconsfan567

Arkansas at Auburn

26 posts in this topic

Gus Malzahn is such a joke. I cannot believe folks think this man is a good head coach. His teams are consistently unprepared and undisciplined. He constantly gets outcoached during games. The man simply isn't a good coach. Wake up and realize!!

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Gus Malzahn is such a joke. I cannot believe folks think this man is a good head coach. His teams are consistently unprepared and undisciplined. He constantly gets outcoached during games. The man simply isn't a good coach. Wake up and realize!!

Honestly, who’s arguing?

I think Auburn had a hang over from last week. 

Even if Auburn did fire Gus, I'm not sure who they can get that is better than he is. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

I think Auburn had a hang over from last week. 

Even if Auburn did fire Gus, I'm not sure who they can get that is better than he is. 

Auburn didn't have a hang over and the whole "who could you get that his better." excuse isn't valid. It would be if Gus was actually any good but he's not. He's one of the worst coaches in the nation. Team is consistently unprepared and undisciplined and Gus routinely gets outcoached on game day. Auburn's performance last night was nothing new. It was the usual Auburn let down against a ****** opponent.

26 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Auburn didn't have a hang over and the whole "who could you get that his better." excuse isn't valid. It would be if Gus was actually any good but he's not. He's one of the worst coaches in the nation. Team is consistently unprepared and undisciplined and Gus routinely gets outcoached on game day. Auburn's performance last night was nothing new. It was the usual Auburn let down against a ****** opponent.

I didn't get to see much of the game, but from what I saw, the OL is just garbage. I know a few people who have "sources" inside the Auburn program, and they say you can blame that on Herb Hand, not Gus. I don't think Auburn would have beaten a very good Washington team (w/ a very good HC) if Gus was one of the worst coaches in the nation. 

I think the bigger issue is that Stidham has regressed from last year, and there is no consistent RB. Gus is far from innocent, but he is also far from the only problem. 

2 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I didn't get to see much of the game, but from what I saw, the OL is just garbage. I know a few people who have "sources" inside the Auburn program, and they say you can blame that on Herb Hand, not Gus. I don't think Auburn would have beaten a very good Washington team (w/ a very good HC) if Gus was one of the worst coaches in the nation. 

I think the bigger issue is that Stidham has regressed from last year, and there is no consistent RB. Gus is far from innocent, but he is also far from the only problem. 

The reason there is no OL is because Gus doesn't know how to recruit offensive linemen. He spends his whole time recruiting all these 4 and 5 start WR's and then never uses them and they end up leaving the program like what we just saw with Nate Craig-Myers. Auburn didn't beat Washington because of Gus. They beat Washington because of their defense overwhelming Washington's OL the entire game. That's the only reason they won that game. But since then the defense hasn't looked the same. You would regress as a QB too if you never had more than 2 seconds to throw the ball and the team couldn't run it consistently. These offensive issues are not new. New year, same story with Auburn football. 2013 and 2017 were exceptions. Auburn is an 8-5 football team. That's the norm with Gus running the show.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

The reason there is no OL is because Gus doesn't know how to recruit offensive linemen. He spends his whole time recruiting all these 4 and 5 start WR's and then never uses them and they end up leaving the program like what we just saw with Nate Craig-Myers. Auburn didn't beat Washington because of Gus. They beat Washington because of their defense overwhelming Washington's OL the entire game. That's the only reason they won that game. But since then the defense hasn't looked the same. You would regress as a QB too if you never had more than 2 seconds to throw the ball and the team couldn't run it consistently. These offensive issues are not new. New year, same story with Auburn football. 2013 and 2017 were exceptions. Auburn is an 8-5 football team. That's the norm with Gus running the show.

We will see I guess. 

I know Gus isn't going anywhere for at least another 3/4 years (unless some boosters step up to pay his buyout). But who do you think Auburn should look at if Gus were to get the can? More curiosity than anything. The first name that pops into my head is Hugh Freeze, but I'm not sure that would happy anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

We will see I guess. 

I know Gus isn't going anywhere for at least another 3/4 years (unless some boosters step up to pay his buyout). But who do you think Auburn should look at if Gus were to get the can? More curiosity than anything. The first name that pops into my head is Hugh Freeze, but I'm not sure that would happy anytime soon. 

Any coach that runs a normal freaking offense. I am so sick of his spread crap. Sick of it. Fed up with it. I want normal freaking football back at Auburn. Not this stupid run spread bologna!!

MemphibianDawg likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Any coach that runs a normal freaking offense. I am so sick of his spread crap. Sick of it. Fed up with it. I want normal freaking football back at Auburn. Not this stupid run spread bologna!!

I wonder if Auburn could make a play for Ryan Day in a few years. Although I wouldn't be shocked to see him hired away by then. He is a rising star in the making.